Old 05-05-2007, 10:07 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 170/165/130

Height: 5''

Question Feeling sorry for myself

I know I just started the plan and its only been a few days and I am really starting to feel good, my stomach feels smaller and not so bloated all the time so I love the program so far, but tonite my dh & dd and friends wanted to go to a cinco demio party, well I bowed out cause I fiqured I can't really eat anything and can't have a beer, so about the only thing I could drink would be water and dang it I want a beer so what is a person to drink in a situation like that and how can you still have some fun when your doing the program I know its a life style change and Im not saying I need a beer everynight but once in awhile I want to let loose and still have some fun
Phoebe6422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 11:24 PM   #2  

Height: 5'8

It's not something you should do a lot but you CAN actually drink on plan. One light beer is equal to one starch and three ounces of wine is one fruit!! So go to your party and have fun!!
AndreaMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 10:51 AM   #3  
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

I confess wholeheartedly to being a lover of cocktails. I really had to change my lifestyle around but I do still have wine or a beer when in a social situation.. you don't have to completely change but you do have to limit.. you can use a beer as mentioned or the wine above.. when I know we have a holiday coming up or an outing then I will plan one of those exchanges for my outing.. I do sometimes have a slower loss or a bit of water retention but it's a good idea to have some lemon water before and after to help. You don't have to stop living you just have to adjust living
KrispieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 11:20 AM   #4  
-- Karen --

S/C/G: 165/143/140

Height: 5' 6"

I do the same thing as Krispie D. When I know that I am going to a function that I will want to have a cocktail, I just plan it in. My drink of choice is vodka diet coke - so I save a starch for that. I usually end up having a couple which I haven't planned for, but - like you say - it is a lifestyle change, and I am not willing to totally give up on everything in my life. Often, I will have a cocktail and a glass of water, and kind of drink from both at the same time, and then make sure I have the hot lemon water the next day.

Good Luck
slim n trim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 11:30 AM   #5  
Sarah

S/C/G: 170/127/127

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by slim n trim View Post
I do the same thing as Krispie D. When I know that I am going to a function that I will want to have a cocktail, I just plan it in. My drink of choice is vodka diet coke - so I save a starch for that. I usually end up having a couple which I haven't planned for, but - like you say - it is a lifestyle change, and I am not willing to totally give up on everything in my life. Often, I will have a cocktail and a glass of water, and kind of drink from both at the same time, and then make sure I have the hot lemon water the next day.

Good Luck
That's my favourite drink too! Do you get confused looks when you ask for it? I always get, "You mean, rum and coke, right?", or "vodka and orange juice?" And I'd say about one tenth of the time, the server second guesses him/herself and I end up with a rum and coke anyway.
momerath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 11:41 AM   #6  
-- Karen --

no actually - I don't get confused looks. Maybe its a more common drink out West - I don't know.

I curl, and after curling we usually stay and have a drink before heading home, and three of the four of us drink Vodka diet coke with a wedge of lime. The other girl drinks vodka with water and lime - we give her confused looks - but she insists that its good.
Old 05-06-2007, 12:25 PM   #7  
Sarah

S/C/G: 170/127/127

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by slim n trim View Post
no actually - I don't get confused looks. Maybe its a more common drink out West - I don't know.
Could be. I'm from BC originally, so maybe I just have a natural taste for it
momerath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 01:04 PM   #8  
-- Karen --

wow, your from BC and moved out East. That must have been an adjustment. I have never been to Ontario, but I have a niece living out there, and every time she comes out here, she comments on how much she prefers this area. I am in Alberta, but not far from the BC border.

B.C. is so beautiful.
Old 05-06-2007, 01:18 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 170/165/130

Height: 5''

Default cocktails

Found these on the web if anyone has any other good ones post it. I am more of a beer gal but would mind trying these:

Blue Bombsicle

1 oz UV Blue Raspberry Vodka

Fill with Crystal Light Lemonade
(4 carbs, 70 cal, 0 fat, 0 cholesterol)

Red Bull Vodka

1 oz UV Red Cherry Vodka

Fill with sugar-free Red Bull
(6 carbs, 75 cal, 0 at, 0 cholesterol)

Cherry Bomb Vodka

1 oz UV Red Cherry Vodka

Fill with Diet Coke (or Diet Cherry Coke)
(2 carbs, 60 cal, 0 fat, 0 cholestreol)

Vodka Tonic

1 oz Vodka

Fill with Diet Tonic
(0 carbs, 65 calories, 0 fat, 0 cholesterol)
Phoebe6422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 01:24 PM   #10  
Debbie on LAWL

S/C/G: 239/223/135

Height: 5'5

YUM! The Blue Bombsicle and Cherry Bomb sound delish!
Debbie367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 10:08 PM   #11  
LAWL Salt Police

I look at it this way... One of our favorite counselors said that this plan is designed to let you live... So if that means having a couple beers, so be it.. Just watch what else you eat and don't overdo it on the SELDOM occasions you find yourself in a similar situations.. Holidays are almost impossible to stay completely POP on, especially if you're out of town or with a group... Little by little, you'll learn the tricks of the trade...
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote