Old 05-05-2007, 09:21 PM   #1  
Whittlin

S/C/G: 170/144/140

Height: 5'6"

Default May SlimFast-ers

Here's a place for May thoughts about SlimFast.

Welcome to chubbybutt and congratulations on your first pound loss.

Lime Tree mentioned the links given in the March thread being helpful, so here they are again.

"The plan impressed me because of the Consumer Reports magazine finding that SlimFast was the second most effective mainstream weight loss plan behind only Weight Watchers.

The comparisons on how long SlimFast Optima shakes help control hunger also got my attention. Here's the url - http://www.wlns.com/Global/story.asp?S=5801672" - Whittlin

Whittlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 02:28 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 215/186.5/130

Height: 5'3

Hi everyone!!
I hope you dont mind if I ask you some questions about slimfast. Today I started slimfast, and I dont know if im doing it right, on there website, it gives me a meal plan, but I just think I need a break from food, so I had 4 shakes today, the low carb ones, and a lean and green meal. Or 1 meal a day, maybe eggs for breakfast sometimes. Sort of how medifast does it, and I have a shake every 2-3 hours. My calories add up to about 900-1000, I wont go below 900. I havent been hungy so far today, but is this effective? My carbs are about 50g, and I think thats low enough to go into ketosis. Im not sure how I feel about that, but it works for people on medifast. I just get soo confused on all this stuff. I have an appointment with a nutritionist in a couple of days, I dont even know if thats the kind of doctor im supposed to see, or should I just go to my regular doctor? Im rambling. Im sorry.

Stacie

215/195/130
staciec878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 05:51 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 199/184/135

Question

Happy May Whittlin, Stacie and all other SlimFast-ers! I've lost 2 more pounds, which is good, but I'd like some suggestions from anyone else doing SF.

I'm having trouble staying on the plan on the weekends because our family eats out alot. Can you tell me what you do on the weekends as opposed to during the week?

Also, I find the week before TOM, I start craving things and I'm more hungry, which has been my biggest downfall in the past and throws me off track. How do you handle this?

I appreciate your suggestions as we have some special events coming up in June and July that I'd like to lose some weight for.

Thanks!
Lime Tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 10:40 PM   #4  
Whittlin

Lime Tree, I've found that if I plan meals and even prepare them in advance I'll stick with plan through TOM. But if I leave it to chance I won't. When others are around you more than usual it really can mess up your plans, I know. Again, you've just got to get ahead of them. If they're going to want to go out to eat, have a ready answer of a restaurant where you know you can find the right thing to eat.

Stacie, I only know about SlimFast's plan, with all the veggies, fruits along with shakes, and then an additional meal. I remember hearing about the Atkins Diet putting dieters into ketosis during the first few weeks because of the lack of carbs, so I would have thought that SlimFast wouldn't do that since there are still carbs even in Low-Carb SlimFast? Maybe there is another thread somewhere in which Medifast is a topic and people have experience with this?

I was happy to have lost that additional pound last week. Change is happening more slowly, of course, now that I'm nearing goal but it's steady and satisfying. I'm doing some rescheduling with my exercise and changing that around a little as far as times.

Last edited by Whittlin; 05-07-2007 at 10:00 AM.
Old 05-09-2007, 12:14 AM   #5  
Nerd

S/C/G: 270/270/190

Height: 5'5"

Hey y'all. I just started slimfast today. The box of snacks says for my weight I should drink two shakes with a 200 calorie food each. The box of shakes says a shake alone for breakfast and a shake with food for lunch. Which do you do? I weigh over 200.
Erin Jayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 10:51 AM   #6  
Whittlin

Welcome, Erin Jayne. Definitely check out this page for the real scoop on what the plan would be for you - http://www.slim-fast.com/plan/fav_foods.asp

My opinion is that I always like to have a shake WITH something else, if for no other reason than it seems more fun/interesting. So I put a half-sandwich with a shake for breakfast, maybe a tuna salad with a shake for lunch. That sort of thing, and will also sometimes blend my snack of banana or strawberries INTO the shake just to make the meal more interesting. I have not yet found another Slim-Fast product I like as much as the shakes I make from the powder and skim milk. (Of course, not always convenient!)

Hope everyone's doing well! Anyone gotten any compliments lately? Found that you like the taste of a different flavor SlimFast bar or snack? Had an especially good day, or a day you wish you could do-over? We understand!
Old 05-09-2007, 11:35 AM   #7  
Nerd

S/C/G: 270/270/190

Height: 5'5"

I do look forward to the shakes with something than without. of course, the last time I tried Slim Fast was four years ago, and then it was just a shake for breakfast and a shake for lunch so I didn't like that. Whittlin, half a sandwich for breakfast with the shake sounds great. After all, I don't want to lose weight too fast.
Erin Jayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 01:20 AM   #8  
You bite it you write it!

Height: 5' 2"

Hey Everyone,
Just wanted to pop in and say "Hi" to all the slim fasters...Sorry I haven't posted in awhile (since April). But I've been doing Great!! I am now down 24 lbs!! I'm still drinking a slim fast shake once a day normally for breakfast, but I have also started another diet too, called the Shangri-La diet. It has been working very well for me.

I'm glad to see that some of the slim fasters from March and April are still sticking to the plan and losing weight!! Great Job!!
akacutie2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 02:03 AM   #9  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

I am not on the Slimfast plan per say..But most weekday mornings, since I don't have time to make an actual breakfast, I like to have the shakes. They are so yummy and satisfying for me! I like using the powdered stuff (Milk Chocolate or Chocolate Royale for me!) with skim milk..Some mornings I will toss it in the blender with a few strawberries or half a banana and make a smoothie. Yum!
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 08:24 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 200/195/135

Height: 5'4"

Happy Mothers Day!

Hi Slimfasters! I'm back slimfasting after some time off. I'm really glad there is a suppoprt group again. Let's keep it going!

I have lost 2.8lbs this week and I am thrilled!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Deb
southerndeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 02:29 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I like the SF Capuccino blended with a small banana , delish and very filling.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 04:47 PM   #12  

Hey there!

I'm trying Slim Fast again! Like some others, I tried the Slim Fast diet back when it was Shake/Shake/Sensible meal. When it was that way, I just about starved to death and only managed to stick to it for two or three days before I BINGED!!

I'm hoping that since the plan includes more food/calorie ranges now for the different weight ranges that I'll be able to stick to it better. The 4/5 fruits and veggies/day will be where I have a problem!

I'm saving two of my snack options for as soon as I get home from work, because that's when I tend to do the most of my damaging eating.

My first mini goal is to lose 3 pounds by May 20th! (I was slightly up when I weighed this morning due to TOM, so that goal shouldn't be as unrealistic as it sounds!)

Wish me luck and I'll do the same for y'all!
4myloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 09:40 PM   #13  
Whittlin

Congrats, akacutie2006 on all your success! I know just how good it feels to have 24 pounds you're NOT carrying around any more! How's your sister doing?

You pretty much described my favorite SlimFast, too, sockmonkey70. Hope you'll keep checking in with us.

southerndeb, just jump back in - whoever has the first thing to say for the month starts the thread and away we go. I enjoyed reading the months threads back when I wasn't even posting yet and remember your posts.

Hi again, bargoo. How's it going? Maybe the banana will make the cappuchino more appealing to me - I still don't care for it much!

Nice to have you with us, 4myself. That's an interesting idea to try about the evening snacks. Good luck for the 20th - yes, sounds do-able.

I stayed on plan today and got in my exercise, so I'm feeling good about the week.
Old 05-14-2007, 10:04 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Of course you could use the banana with chocolate or vanilla.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 01:05 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 220/tickers/127

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin Jayne View Post
I do look forward to the shakes with something than without. of course, the last time I tried Slim Fast was four years ago, and then it was just a shake for breakfast and a shake for lunch so I didn't like that. Whittlin, half a sandwich for breakfast with the shake sounds great. After all, I don't want to lose weight too fast.

The updated Slim Fast plan seems much more nutritionally sound. I, too, tried it first back in the day (1997 or '98) when it was "shake for breakfast, shake for lunch, sensible dinner." I think I lasted a week, then couldn't take a liquid diet anymore and ended up kind of gorging and gained the 5 lbs back PLUS some.

I'm starting out with Slim Fast for a couple weeks but will probably shift to standard calorie counting, so I'm on here to see how others are doing it.

Last edited by luvmyfam; 05-15-2007 at 01:13 PM.
luvmyfam is offline   Reply With Quote