Old 05-04-2007, 11:13 PM   #1  
Bikini Dreader

S/C/G: 141/120/120

Height: 5'3''

Default When will my ticker go down?

I ask as if it is a malfunction of the computer. Unfortunately, it's my own fault. I do really well and then I sabotage myself. What is stopping me from really losing the rest of this weight? ME. I need to stop eating junk or things I turn into junk by overeating them and start looking after myself. I got this way by eating too much and now I'm sliding again. I was sooo good for a month or so and since then I have just been lazy about my weight loss.

I am very frustrated! Now I only have 3 weeks left before my trip and I'm still never putting on a bikini. I dont even have a one piece to wear and I cant afford one so I'm just going to have to deal with it. Luckily I will be in a country where I dont know anyone but I still want to feel good about my body.

Argh. Perhaps the fact that I just binged tonight is getting to me. I'm not happy with myself. I know tomorrow is another day with new choices. I just wish I could turn back tonight and not eat all the junk food I did.
Bikini Dreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 07:11 AM   #2  
dum dee dum

S/C/G: 213/185/140

Height: 5'7½"

Yep, exactly, tomorrow is a new day...so forget about tonight ! One night of binging won't conquer the rest of your days So just keep in mind "next time" you will stick to your plan, instead of saying "if only I could have avoided it". Whenever you have another 'off' night just think of the regret you had before...at least that works whenever I reach for something
Best of luck
passionfruit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 11:11 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 150ish/???/125

Height: 5'2"

Bikini, I know what you mean. My ticker is stuck too, and the problem is it hasn't even moved yet!!! I also have a trip I'm going on on June 11th and one of my friends is a photographer which means I will be photographed the whole time! Yikes. I don't think I'm in a good mindset either. I keep thinking something will click and the weight will stop falling off but that just doesn't happen. I need to really make changes that will stop me from eating way more than I'm burning off.

Do you think a tweak in your plan could jumpstart your weight loss? I was actually thinking about trying the new Extreme Fat Smash diet, I read about it over on the fat smash boards and it sounded great. It's for people who have less weight to lose and want to do it fast. I guess he claims you lose 4 lbs a week for 3 weeks, so 12 pounds. So you could probably tweak it a little a still make your 8 lbs goal. Just a thought!!!! Keep workin, you'll bust that plateau.
snowbunny2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 11:16 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Bikini, you weigh 130 and you are 5'3"......I'll bet you look a lot better than you think you do.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 11:41 AM   #5  
~~Joanne~~

S/C/G: 178/151/150

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
Bikini, you weigh 130 and you are 5'3"......I'll bet you look a lot better than you think you do.
I totally agree!
wateraddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 05:03 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 201/ticker/145

Height: 5'7"

It sucks to stall when losing weight, especially when you have a deadline, but I think you need to relax a little. Stress isn't good for you, your binge eating, or your dieting. I'm certain you look great in your bikini. (Think how jealous the 137 lb you would be of the new 130 lb you!). Keep up your exercise. Keep up your healthy eating. Drink lots of water and try and stay busy and away from those binge foods. You'll look great in three weeks!
Romeos Girly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 05:55 PM   #7  
In Search of Collarbones

S/C/G: 171/154/125

Height: 5'3"

okay here's what worked for me when i backslid last week:

reread your post above.
okay now think really hard about the way that you felt/feel when you think about it. i mean, the frustration is palpable!
now, take a mental pic of that feeling and keep it in your head. and the next time you want to binge, or be lazy, or have just a bite of something you know isn't going to help you, pull out that feeling and decide if you want to feel it again. i will bet that you won't and that the thought of going back to that place strengthens you.

i did it, and when i went grocery shopping yesterday, i did it no less than 4 times. and guess what? the worst thing i bought was some light ryvita crackers (60 cals for 2 of them!).
futurepixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 11:08 PM   #8  
Bikini Dreader

S/C/G: 141/120/120

Height: 5'3''

Thanks Everyone,

Snowbunny you are always supportive! I dont know anything about the extreme diet. I get worried when something promises more than 2 pounds a week. I figure I will gain it back if I try to go too quickly. I just try to stick to not bingeing and eating mainly whole foods and fruits and veggies.
Romeos girly: i agree that my 137 pound me would definitely be jealous of the 130 pound me. You are right. sometimes I forget about how far I've gotten. thanks.
futurepixie: definitely true. I wa sdoing really well before and I used to do that. Thinik before I ate. It seems the last while i have not been but I will start again. keep my goal in mind before eating. thats what i need to do.

Thanks again everyone. I just had a not great day again but i threw out some trigger foods. Im not even going to tell you what i found to overeat but it's ridiculous! Tomorrow is Sunday and I will be having a good day tomorrow again to kick start my week.
Bikini Dreader is offline   Reply With Quote