Old 05-05-2007, 08:44 AM   #1  
~~Joanne~~

S/C/G: 178/151/150

Height: 5'3

Default confused

Ok, so I couldnt help myself and I weighed myself this morning..well, we have 2 scales one digital and one is not. The one that is not digital I made sure it was straight ont he line before I got on it. Ok, well the digital one said I weighed 171.4 and the ohter one was like 168. Now I would love to believe the 168 but there aint no way I lost that much weight since Tuesday lol...it just couldnt loose 7lbs in 4 days (at least I dont think). I just don't know what to believe lol. This is why I hate weighing myself befor my actual weigh in day...I was just so curious to see what it says!
wateraddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 10:27 AM   #2  
I deserve to feel good!

S/C/G: 250/225/150

Height: 5'5"

Not all scales are 100% accurate so it's important to use the same scale every time, that way even if it is a couple of pounds off it will atleast be consistent and you'll be able to accurately determine how much weight you've lost.
wisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 10:52 AM   #3  
Sarah

S/C/G: 170/127/127

Height: 5'4"

It could be that one of your scales (most likely the non-digital one) isn't properly calibrated. Some older or cheaper analog scales just aren't accurate, because the little lines are more or less than a pound each based on the mechanisms inside the scale. I'd go with the digital one. There's nothing wrong with weighing yourself between weigh-ins, just make sure you're consistent and always use the same scale!
momerath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 10:55 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I used to be married to the scale. I would weigh myself several times a day and even in the middle of the night if I got up to go to the bathroom!I eventually realized that I was driving myself crazy.This was not a sudden realization , it took some time to sink in.I now weigh myself once a week , first thing in the A.M. in my birthday suit and always on the same scale.If I get weighed at my Doctor's office or the gym I just use those as comparisons but my at home scale I use as my authentic weight and weight loss.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 11:38 AM   #5  
~~Joanne~~

S/C/G: 178/151/150

Height: 5'3

Yeah, im going to stick to the digital one!

bargoo, I used to be like that....married to the scale! Im actually proud of myself that I havent been living on the scale. I put both scales up and just going to get the digital one out on Tuesday morning when I weigh in! It would be nice though if the non digital one was right though...hehehe.
wateraddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 11:43 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Good for you!Those darn scales are soooooo seductive.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 12:43 AM   #7  
dum dee dum

S/C/G: 213/185/140

Height: 5'7½"

Same thing happened to me. I weighed myself on my non-digital scale (177-ish lbs), then I weighed myself on the gym's digital one (179). But I'd go with the digital one, like momerath said . Sometimes the mechanism in the non-digi one has faults
passionfruit is offline   Reply With Quote