Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-02-2007, 02:39 AM   #1  
Do it. Be Proud.

S/C/G: 250/see ticker~>/130

Height: 5'3.5

Angry Are you scared of Onederland?

It was said today that I have made some big progress, I have identified the problem I have and that is the first step to over comming it. Hi, my name is Britt... and I am really scared to enter Onederland. I have lost 32lbs and have ran into a hard painful wall. I am scared to be small, I am scared not to have this weight between me and the world and the people who may harm me. I am scared not to be the strong one who knows how to throw her weight. I know loosing weight won't make me weak, but I feel like it will- and that is how i will be seen and treated- as helpless. Any bit of progress I have made sabatoged. If anyone has or had similiar issues around this weight I would appreciate some wisdom, because I don't know if I am really ready to face my fears.
Reddalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 02:45 AM   #2  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

If anything, the willpower to lose the weight makes you an even STRONGER Person..Don't worry what anyone else has to say. Just because the outside shell is changing doesn't mean the person inside will!

Don't be scared of onederland! I can't WAIT to get there. We can trade places in line if you want hehehehe
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 07:28 AM   #3  
Do it. Be Proud.

S/C/G: 250/see ticker~>/130

Height: 5'3.5

I can't help but feel like loosing weight will make me a different person, and I struggle with change at times. Doesn't anyone feel this way? Or is this really odd.
Reddalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 07:40 AM   #4  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey reddalice,

I don't think it's odd for people losing weight to have fears about the change and what it will mean. I think especially for women, being overweight is sometimes a way of dealing with the world--literal insulation.

It might help for you to do some weight training--in other words, become physically stronger as you lose the fat. It might help you feel more confident in your body.

I'm hoping some of the Bigger Losers will reply later today--they can speak to the issue with more authenticity than I can.

Hang in there!
Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 08:30 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 224/187/135

Height: 5'8"

You do have to get your head in the right place. I don't know if any of us can do that for you. I would love to tell your brain you are worth this. You don't need to hide from the outside world. You are beautiful inside and outside but you also need to get healthy for yourself. Let's get to ONEderland together.
sharonrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 08:57 AM   #6  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I kind of know what you mean, though it was not the case with me. I was MORE SCARED to NOT enter ONEderland. I was really and truly frightened for my health and my future. I was totally and completely fed up with my weight and was just not gonna take it any more. It was holding me back from way too much and I had just had enough of it. Whatever changes being smaller and lighter meant, I was READY for. Just bring it on was my take on it. Bring it on. So like Sharon says, your head has to be in the right place.

Changing my weight has made me a different person in some ways. But I'm still the same old me deep down. The same values, morals, ethics, beliefs and all the really important stuff. The things it has changed has all been for the better. I have way more confidence in social situations and every situation. I am so much more active. I shop a heckuva lot more now. I am overall happier and most importantly, I am healthier. I feel like I have the opportunity for a better life. Or at least the opportunity to be the best that I can be in that life. So for me, the changes it has brought about have been extremely positive. Why not give it a try? Don't you too deserve the opportunity to be the best YOU? Of course you do. So come on over to ONEderland. Once you get there (and beyond) you'll see it's a GREAT place to be.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 09:00 AM   #7  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Default ONEderland is a happy place!

Hi Britt!

As a fairly recent arrival here in ONEderland, I want to tell you some ONEderful things about the place and help you to glide here soon!

ONEderland, first of all, is NOT SEEING that TWO in the hundred's place when you step on the scale! Just seeing 199 made me feel SO much smaller than I did at 210 (my weight for a VERY LONG TIME!!!!)

ONEderland means that you carry less weight around so even walking becomes easier!

ONEderland means getting healthier because you are FINALLY eating well and eating the right things and exercising to KEEP the body fit.

ONEderland means that you will get to shop in the MISSES section of the store very soon or maybe even NOW! Instead of looking for clothes that will cover you up, you will be able to buy clothes to make your body look fit and trim.

ONEderland means that you take up less space in chairs, on the couch, in your car. You begin to feel more like a slinky cat that can maneuver around in places you'd NEVER even attempt to go before!

ONEderland is shedding pounds of fat that once shrouded who you really were and allows you to emerge as a fit woman ready for the world.

ONEderland is AN OPPORTUNITY for you to become the person you WANT to be. You can be seen for the fit person you are instead of being the you hidden in a fat body that many people just can't seem to get past to see the real you!

Will you change? Sure you will! Will it be wonderful? IT SURE WILL BE!
Do this FOR YOU, for your health, for your self-esteem, for your heart, for your family, for your SPIRIT!

We are all right there with you cheering you on! This will be great! Come on down! ONEderland is waiting for YOU!!!!

Cheryl
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 09:17 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

I don't have much to add, because everyone else said it so well. Robin and Cheryl summed it up amazingly, as always. I do just want to say one thing, because you mentioned strength. It does feel a bit odd to become smaller, and it can seem like that means you'll get weaker as well. But take it from me, a tall, relatively big-boned kind of girl. I am SO much stronger at 186 than I ever was at any higher weight. I may take up less space in the world, which takes some getting used to, but I can run for seven miles without stopping. I can power my way through a bodysculpting class using the same size dumbbells as the MEN do. When I started, I was a bigger person but so much weaker, using 5-pound dumbbells and struggling to finish the exercises. I'd much rather be smaller and stronger. I'm getting used to the new me, and I love it. I think you will too! Don't let that little bit of fear keep you from getting even healthier. People are starting to call me "small" and "skinny" already, which makes me feel a bit odd because I'm used to having my weight as a shield against the world. But I know how much stronger I am, and with that I feel even "sturdier" than I did at 275, if that makes sense.
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 01:20 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

I had similar thoughts, like...I was taking up less space in the universe (does that make sense?) Those weird feelings did fade with time.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 04:02 PM   #10  

Height: 5'6"

I find onederland extremely exciting. There's nothing to be scared of. Onederland is just the results of you lowering your calorie range. As long as you stay in your range and make good choices you'll stay in Onederland, is what I think.
Gamerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 04:48 PM   #11  
Once more, with feeling!

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

Quote:
I can't help but feel like losing weight will make me a different person, and I struggle with change at times. Doesn't anyone feel this way? Or is this really odd.
No, I totally get what you're saying. Losing weight takes away our excuses (I'm too fat to...) and our barriers (He won't like me, I'm too fat.). I was sexually assaulted many years ago, and I know I put on (more) weight to act as a buffer and protective barrier. I guess it was the only thing my 15 year old self knew to do. But now, my defense is stifling me. I can't live the way I want to live lugging around 70+ extra pounds.
Quote:
Changing my weight has made me a different person in some ways. But I'm still the same old me deep down. The same values, morals, ethics, beliefs and all the really important stuff. The things it has changed has all been for the better. I have way more confidence in social situations and every situation. I am so much more active. I shop a heckuva lot more now. I am overall happier and most importantly, I am healthier. I feel like I have the opportunity for a better life. Or at least the opportunity to be the best that I can be in that life
I know this is a long quote, but what robin is sayin' here is too important to lift a snippet. I need to remind my self of this everyday.

I guess, long story short, the confidence, the discipline, and the self-awareness we gain during weight loss will force people to see us as the strong, self-possessed women we are. Onederland is gonna be fabulous. I'll see you there!
KnitALisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 08:25 PM   #12  
Soon2BFit

S/C/G: 246.2/See Ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi, Reddalice. I totally understand about the sabotage. I've been bouncing around the 200 mark for the last 2 mos. It seems that whenever I get close to Onederland I sabotage myself. I told my WW leader about it and she asked me if I was afraid? I don't know. I don't feel weaker because of the weight I've already lost. It just feels strange as I have not been below 200 lbs. in about 20 years. I've even had to adjust to the way I look now, not bad, just different. You can do it though and I can too. We will reach Onederland soon and forever!

Best Wishes
Denise
GR8 2B48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 11:13 PM   #13  
Domestic Engineer

I think I must be scared...I was 204 right before Christmas and look at me now. And it was total self- sabotage. Not sure why- well, I do have some ideas. BUt I'm back at it again and as I get closer will stay more conscious of my feelings. OF COURSE I want to weight less than 200!! LOL
jelynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 11:54 PM   #14  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Frankly, I'm frightened of every new number that appears on my scale. Every new number is a new low and it scares me. My identity is tied with being morbidly obese and what happens when that is no longer the case? Actually, I think I recently passed into the obese category from the morbidly obese category. How is my life going to change? How am I to cope? I'm frightened to death but it is what I need to do.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 01:21 AM   #15  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I think that Cheryl and Robin summed it up so great that I don't have much to say. But, I too feel like I'm tons stronger now that the extra wt. is off. I know people treated me more like I was weak when I was heavier (because I was weak then). Go ahead and take that plunge into onderland, I promise you won't regret it.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote