Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-03-2007, 03:37 PM   #1  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Talking I'm back and missed everyone!

I missed my 3FCers so much!

Wedding recap - it was raining, but beautiful. We only have a couple of photos back, but I think that this one is my favorite so far. There was a children's birthday party going on next to the room where we were taking photos...these little girls ran out, all wide-eyed, and asked me if I was the bride. I said yes - they gave me a bunch of balloons. So adorable.

Funnily enough, while I obviously wasn't going to the gym the days of the wedding/rehearsal dinner, I got some good walking in, and I definitely didn't eat much. In fact, I craved oatmeal the couple of days before. And at the wedding, I barely ate at all - too many people to talk to. And it all went soooo quickly!

Then we got to the honeymoon. I'm not going to claim perfection...my "go to the gym" plan got sidelined after only two days on board. My dinners were not all that great though they weren't too bad either - chicken breasts, lean proteins, and surprisingly small portions - the alcohol was a lot more than normal, and there was copious dessert going on. Also, we ate a LOT of chocolate dipped strawberries, which were delivered nightly to our room because my sister purchased us a honeymoon package.

I did do a lot of things right, though...I think I walked more than I had ever walked in my life in those ten days. On day 1, I made an agreement with myself - no elevators except if I was wearing high heels. We were on deck 9, the food was primarily on decks 5 and 14, and the main public areas/pools were on 14-15....not to mention all the walking from the front of the boat and back again. And even in heels, I mostly just took the stairs everywhere...definitely helped with keeping my physical activity up. We also walked everywhere in the ports and had at least one VERY active horseback excursion. I would have been at the gym a bit more, but we both got colds on the tail end of the trip, and my lungs were not happy with doing anything more than the lots of walking. This pic is from after our horseback ride - we got to swim while on horseback...so cool.

Food wise, I also made some good choices along with some of the not-so-great ones. Sarah and I split most of our appetizers/desserts if we ordered them at all. The second day I went up to the buffet area for breakfast - it was a mistake...knowing that the yummy, but unhealthy, breakfast foods were a little too tempting, we started getting room service delivery - skim milk, all-bran or raisin bran, fruit and coffee. The few days that we ended up at the breakfast buffet, I had oatmeal, which I was still randomly craving. I didn't avoid all of the less-healthy foods on the ship - they had amazing pizza and a grill with great burgers. But a typical lunch would consist of a giant salad from the salad bar with fat free dressing, along with one slice of that amazing pizza, so it wasn't too bad. Of course, the days we ate lunch in port were not as good - but we tried to stick to fajitas rather than deep-fried things. So other than dinners and dessert, I actually stuck on plan fairly well. We also made a habit of buying giant bottles of water at port (cheaper than on the boat!) so we could try to stay hydrated. I also bought a soda card so I could get unlimited club soda with a lime wedge...it helped with the hydration.

The scale has yet to render a final verdict (right now its up a scary 8 lbs, but its TOM AND I am retaining water because of all of the sodium we ate that we don't typically, so I'm 99% sure that a lot of that 8lbs is going to drop off within the week...I go up 5 typically with TOM alone). In any case, it was an amazing experience, and if it sets me back a few lbs, I am OK with it. But we are back today (went to the grocery store the day we got back, stocked up on veggies and whole grains, and are watching the water). I -may- go to the gym tonight but my cold is still holding on and I don't want to push it. By next week, though, we will be back to the normal routine.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 03:40 PM   #2  
~~Joanne~~

S/C/G: 178/151/150

Height: 5'3

Welcome back! That was so sweet of the little girls giving you the balloons!
wateraddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 03:45 PM   #3  
hara hachi bu

Awesome! Sounds like you had a great time and I think you struck a good balance of getting enough exercise and good food choices in, while still not depriving yourself entirely.

Beautiful pics!

Congrats!
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 03:53 PM   #4  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey, mandalinn82! Welcome back! Thanks for posting pictures--you are such beautiful women! Congratulations to both of you!

Let us know when those 8 pounds evaporate!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 03:57 PM   #5  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Welcome back Mandalinn That is a very nice picture
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 04:39 PM   #6  
Going the rest of the way

S/C/G: 188/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

Awww, look how cute you two are!! Congratulations! Thanks for sharing those beautiful pictures.

Try not to worry about those 8 lbs; whatever isn't water weight will come off just fine. The important thing is that you enjoyed yourself without going overboard. Welcome back!
maalisse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 04:48 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 209/209/160

Height: 5'9

Welcome back Amanda! We missed you.

The pictures are gorgeous! You both look healthy and happy. (But I am curious, did the little girls find out that there was a second bride??)

It sounds like you did a great jobs with your eating and exercise on your honeymoon--you struck a very reasonable balance between celebrating and feeling as though the occasion was special, and overdoing it and losing sight of your health and fitness goals. Good work!

See you on the exercise accountability thread!
baffled111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 04:51 PM   #8  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Sarah was in the other room when the little girls came by, and they were gone before she came back, so we didn't have to explain, not that we would have minded. We were, after all, in Berkeley with a very strong liberal majority...but the simplest answer to the "are you the bride" question seemed to be just "yes". I -love- our photographer for capturing that moment!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 05:07 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Welcome back! We did miss your input while you were gone, but knew you were having the time of your life! Beautiful photos--can't wait to see more!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 06:12 PM   #10  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

CONGRATULATIONS and Welcome back. You really WERE missed!!! It sounds like you had a lovely honeymoon. Those nightly chocolate dipped strawberries sound divine. Yum. I wouldn't give those 8 lbs a second thought. I mean how many honeymoons does a person get to go on in ones life.

Those pictures were really nice. Looking forward to seeing more. Oh and how's your finger doing?

Last edited by rockinrobin; 05-03-2007 at 06:56 PM.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 06:55 PM   #11  

S/C/G: Starting over

Height: 5'7"

Your picture brought tears to my eyes (I always cry at weddings).

Great to have you back and congrats on your wedding!!!!
hikerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 07:20 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

Welcome back and congratulations, gorgeous girl!!!
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 07:51 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 238/199/150

Height: 5'5"

You're both beautiful! Congrats
drake3272004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 08:18 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

You looked beautiful!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 09:16 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 174(highest) 150/150/138

Height: 5'7"

Thanks for the pictures of the beautiful brides!
redlight is offline   Reply With Quote