Old 05-01-2007, 10:01 AM   #1  

Default Liquid Dieters - Shakin' it Up!

This is a shout out to anyone doing a liquid diet or modified liquid diet. Please, join in on the thread if you are interested or looking for support. I could use all the diet buddies I can get.

I am on HMR system but am quickly finding that there are many more out there. Today is the first day of my 9th week of full liquid fast and as of last week am down 33 pounds..woot woot! I am feeling great and aside from some lactose intolarance issues the first few weeks it has been smooth sailing.

Nilla
NillaWafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 10:21 AM   #2  

Smile

Nilla~Congrats on losing 33lbs!! That is wonderful!!
I am beginning my full fast liquid diet today. I have been a yo yo dieter for years and realize now that I have to finally get a grip and really do something to get my health back. Liquid diets usually get such a bad rap but after doing some research and checking out various programs some are very healthy and often doctor supported.
Hopefully my new diet and support from this forum will be what I need to begin my journey to a new way of life as a happy, healthy person rather than spending another day feeling yucky inside this fat body.
shakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 06:55 PM   #3  

Thumbs up

Almost thru with my first day and I am really amazed at how the shakes taste. I thought they would be chalky and nasty but they arent bad at all! Maybe I have finally taken the right path to getting healthy with a plan I can live with. My hardest thing is to resist the temptation of reaching for food out of habit, I didnt have a chance to get hungry having a shake every 2-3 hours. Actually I had to remind myself to have the shakes.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:44 PM   #4  

Default Congrats on the first day!

One day down....what flavor shakes do you get? I get vanilla and chocolate but am allowed to add a couple of teaspoons of fat/sugar free pudding to my shakes. My favs are pistachio pudding to vanilla and banana pudding to the chocolate. My shake powder also makes a decent hot chocolate too.

On the first day I didn't feel hungry at all, that hit me a few days later and I suffered for a couple of weeks but then I got used to it. After about week 3/4 it became much easier.

Keep me posted! Are you doing any exercise with your diet?
Old 05-01-2007, 09:20 PM   #5  

Smile

I have choc., vanilla, strawberry, island tropic smoothie, choc. mint, and some cocoas and cappuccinos. I might have more flavors in the bottom of the box--I havent checked it all out yet but it should give me enough variety so I dont get bored. The shakes can be made like pudding if I want. I may give that a go tomorrow. I just want to keep focused and stay on track for as long as I can.
Exercise? Who me?? lol!! No not at all, but I am going to start doing some walking even if I just do my Walk away the Pounds dvd. Right now I am in no shape for a workout of any kind
Old 05-02-2007, 12:31 AM   #6  

Default Weekly Weigh In

I had my weekly weigh in and class tonight: down 4.6 pounds
I am very excited since last week I had a much smaller loss. I also get to reduce one of my blood pressure meds so that makes me happy.

Shakey - start off slow w/ exercise, you will start seeing an improvement before you know it. Prior to starting my LD I had lower back and hip pain so bad that it was hard to walk for an extended period of time. My first day I did a WATP dvd and then just started increasing from there, within a couple of weeks I was back up to 5 miles (where I was prior to my big weight gain) and am now training for the breast cancer 3-day. I try to shoot for around 4,000 physical activity calories a week, in my program the minimum is 2000 a week.
Let me know how your second day goes.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:00 AM   #7  

Smile

Nilla~You are doing so great!! What an inspiration!! Thanks for the advice on exercise--just being able to function normally is going to be so wonderful! Right now a trip to the store is like a mountain hike for me!! It will be so nice when the weight comes off and I can actually have a normal day with out my fat being an issue. I am tired of having the flab control me and keep me prisoner.
Well, time for my breakfast shake. Have a great morning and I will check in later.
Old 05-03-2007, 11:13 AM   #8  

Default Shakey??

How was day 2? I hope all is well. I know for a lot of people the first week can be rough, it was more like the first 3 weeks for me.

All is well on my side, just trying to find some time to squeeze my exercise in. It has been a busy week.

Nilla
Old 05-03-2007, 01:37 PM   #9  

I'm just popping my head in for a moment. I started the liquid diet on a "quick lose 10 pounds" thing, but then Lent came around and I said "Gee. Diets are so much easier to stay on when God is backing it up!" Oh yeah. So for a total of 42 days I did liquid only and lost 4 pounds a week.

It's HARD, though! I was actually watching people eat in slow motion! As soon as Lent ended.. yup. pigged out on everything and gained it all but 4 pounds back. yuck. Am thinking about going back on it long-term.

Have fun ladies! Stay strong!
SuGyong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 04:30 PM   #10  

42 days is great! There are times that it takes an extreme amount of willpower to get through the day. The sad reality of a liquid diet (and it can be said of any diet) is the easy part is losing the weight, the hard part is keeping it off.

Nilla
Old 05-08-2007, 02:50 PM   #11  

Well, today I am going back on it. My friends were all worried about me last time, so I'm not going to bother mentioning it this time. Hubby is ok with it as long as I get all my nutrition in.
SuGyong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 09:49 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 246/244/143

Height: 5'6''

Hi there

I found a seemingly good meal replacement but it's kind of expensive: if I do 2 shakes a day it only lasts for 1 week, and it costs slmost 40 dollars per jar!

What are you gals using? Could you also give an example of a normal day for you? Do you have a cheat day to reset your metabolism or something?
FitMomEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 10:09 AM   #13  

Default Checking In

Sygyong - Good luck on your restart. I know what you mean about people "talking", I am starting to get some of the same but little do they realize that I am still considered obese on the BMI scale. Do you think people's perceptions of weight changing, where they think healthy is sickly? Keep me posted on your progress.

FitMomEB - I am doing the HMR program through a local University Medical Center. The program I do is very low calorie where I consume 5 shakes a day for a total of 540 calories a day. I medically monitored on a weekly basis plus I have to attend 2 hour nutrition classes once a week. This program is very strict in many ways, not only calories but also in the amount of minimum exercise you do and your attendance. This is what I needed to whip my butt in shape..I am feeling great and have some great momentum.

There are a lot of other programs: some full liquid fast and others are modified liquid fast. Here are just some that I have heard of: HMR, Optifast, Medifast, New Lifestyle and Slimfast. What meal replacement where you thinking of using?

Nilla
Old 05-09-2007, 01:25 PM   #14  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 200/129/135

Height: 5'6"

Anyone here on ********?
nineteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 01:49 PM   #15  

I have not heard of this, do tell.