Old 05-01-2007, 11:41 AM   #1  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Default Weighty Issues #52: Let's Get Back To Sexy!!!

to the May 2007 Weighty Issues Thread. Spring is here and more sunny summer days are ahead. We should be focusing on exercising, eating right and making the most of our sexy selves. Before you know it, summer will be upon us. Do we want to feel great and show it off? Or will we be kicking ourselves for not taking control earlier so we can enjoy the lazy days without any cares in the world? Fake it til you make it, I say. We can do this together and bring sexy back!

Hey newbies out there, need some new inspiration? We're a group of wonderful women from different walks of life, spread out from the East Coast to the West Coast and the sunny Pacific .

We support each other through the highs and lows of every day life--it's not just about weight loss , it's about LIFE . If you have something to say or need a shoulder to cry on , come on in,
grab a chair and stay awhile . You'll be glad you did.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 11:48 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 211/200/165

Height: 5' 2.5" (HW: 222)

Hello, ladies! Happy May Day! We are all of us "Queen of the May" today!!

Thanks for the link, Mele! Damm--this site is jamming up. I type a few characters, but I don't see them; I wait 2 minutes, and then they appear.

I'll come back later to post. In the meantime: Have a great day, everyone!
FatToFitVirgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 11:57 AM   #3  
so close, yet so far...

Good morning ladies. Well, Kai is back home and the vet says he may have some strained ligaments in his shoulder and elbow. He can't go on walks for 2 weeks and is on pain meds for now. He got to sleep in the house tonight and Chloe got to sleep on his cushy bed outside. He's just right now chewing on something near his back foot so at least now he seems able to turn his head. Yesterday at the vet he wouldn't bend his front leg and was really stiff when the vet was trying to turn his head from side to side. That could be because he's terrified when he's in their office. His gums actually turn white when he's there, once we're out the door he's back to healthy pink .

Hey Virgo, you're welcome. Thanks for crowning us all

Cal, I still can't believe it's May already! Maybe you'll have some of your current English students in your social studies class next year. Did Ashley set up her cruise countdown calendar? My sis and her daughter took a 1 week cruise around the islands here and they loved it. The ship had a really good program for kids and my niece didn't even want to go back to her room. That is good to hear about Bert that her test results came back negative, is she moving nearby you folks? I just found out that my aunt and uncle are living in Phoenix, they moved there a year or two from Guam.

Kempy, I DO yell at the kids next door if they are making too much noise and their parents don't tell them to knock it off. I'm the mean neighbor lady How far did you get on painting the kitchen?

Hey Karen, instead of walking miles, you could do workouts in the pool. Of course can't log minutes while just floating with a drink in hand, but if you swim from one side to the other a few times, those will definitely burn some calories. I'm sure you will enjoy the scenic view as you drive all the way over to MO. Take some pics for us, I'd love to see the way.

I gotta get ready for work and school... I'll be back later. Have a good one.
Old 05-01-2007, 01:03 PM   #4  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hi guys!! I hope everyone had a great weekend. Brit and Corey were supposed to be spending the night with friends this weekend and lets just say they got into some major trouble. I cant believe they keep doing stunts like this!! Parenting was so much easier when they were little.

Kempy, AWESOME POOL!!! I will bet you guys are ready for your first pool party.

Noelle, Poor Kai. That sounds alot like what Candi did to her knee except she actually pulled a peice of bone off with the ligament. I do think she is going to be needing surgery, she isnt really taht much better yet. I hope not though.

Cal, Cool that you will be switching subjects next year. That should be a nice change of pace.

Virgo, I hardly ever have problems wth this sight, Do you think it may be something to do with your computer?

Karen, Maybe each day that you and your hubby stop for the night while traveling you 2 could get in a nice long walk together. It will help you unwind and stretch your legs and help you get some of your goal in.

Well, I gotta get some work done. I will check back later.
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 04:19 PM   #5  

Hi everyone. I hope this post finds everyone doing well. I went to weigh-in today and lost 1.4. now it's to keep it off and move continue to move forward.

Cal, how many days till cruise?

Virgo, thanks for naming me I think we all forget that we are all Queens, and not just for the day, but every day. To bad our husbands don't seem to remember that we're royalty.

Noelle, how's the 50th party planning going. I planned my parent's 50th. There about 200 people attended, I did most of the planning and running around myself. Believe me, I want to do it that way. One sister acts like she works way too hard, and the other lives 3 hours away. Anyway, it was really stressful, but so worth it in the end. Their 50th was really a beautful night to remember for them.

Angie, you would think that Brit would have learned from the first time, and that Corey would have learned from Brit's mistakes. I agree with Noelle, send them to Dips and her family and let them take care of them for a while.

Hello Dips, Karen and Kemp, hope you are having a blessed day.
cwneeds2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 05:06 PM   #6  
so close, yet so far...

Hey ladies, I just got an email from my niece who's stationed in AK, she sent pics of the north pole but Santa was on vacation. I wonder where he goes? Hawaii maybe?

cw, nice to hear from you again. Great job on the 1.4 loss! I totally hear you on the husbands not getting it that we're always QUEEN of the house or of the universe for that matter! As for sisters.. It's nice to know I'm not the only one who has one like that

Angie, I'm really hoping that Corey and Brit will settle down soon. They must be driving you nuts. Ain't payback a b*tch? Just kidding, I know you were a good girl. I'm worrying about the day when Michael gets to be into his teen years, I'm thinking about all the stuff I pulled on my parents will be coming back to bite me I forgot to ask you, how old is your dog Candi? Hope she feels better soon.

Last edited by melekalikimaka; 01-22-2008 at 06:33 PM.
Old 05-01-2007, 11:05 PM   #7  

Noelle: I had to comment on the pictures. We went to the Santa Clause House. Did your niece tell you which reindeer she took a pic of? We saw Comet and Blitzen when we were there. She should send you pics of the light posts there: they are candy canes.
I will have all of my same students next year...oh joy!! Ashley does have her countdown calendar and she's already started marking off the days. She told me this morning that it's 43 days, not counting today.

I'll post more later.
Cal
calnative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 11:43 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hello Everybody,

Noelle, Glad to hear that Kai is back at home. I would be so scared if something like that happened to Ginger or Sissy.. Although Sissy does have bad knees and right now the vet. says as long as they don't bother her they will just let it go. If they start getting bad I can just imagine what it will run to have surgery on both knees!
I will definitely take pictures along the way and post them when I have an internet connection. I always try to get a good shot of the Mississippi as we are going through St. Louis. Sometimes traffic cooperates and sometimes not! And some of the places through Pennsylvania are just beautiful. I'll have the camera ready to go!!

Angie-- I hope Candi is doing better now. Sometimes our 4-legged kids can be just as big a worry as the 2 legged!!

You know I hadn't thought of walking the dogs on our trip as exercise but guess I should. We stop several times to walk them and let them do their business so I decided to go ahead and put an exercise goal in for May. It isn't as much as I usually do but if I get close to that before the end of May I can always up it.

Noelle, I talked to my brother today and he is still waiting on people to come out and get all the maintenance done on the pool!! I guess someone was supposed to be there today but never showed up and he wasn't happy. He said if they don't show up tomorrow he will check in with some other people back there. He said these other people are more expensive but if they show up that is a PLUS!!! So Hopefully I can do some laps in the pool when we get there! Of course Ginger wants me to hold her the whole time I'm in the pool--- don't know what Sissy will do, they didn't have water in it last year. My brother is living there now-- he is going through a divorce so since my Dad is over at my sisters it made sense for him to stay at my Dad's through all this. His soon to be EX is a real nutcase and will try to get everything he has and then some!!!

CW-- on the weight loss!! I love seeing a loss on the scales and hope that it continues through this next month!!

HEY!! We have a "North Pole" here too!! It is at the base of Pikes Peak and is really a neat place to go. We took the grandkids a couple years ago and they had a blast!! It is one of my favorite places to go.

Can, Dips, Virgo and Everyone that I might have missed...hope you have had a good day.

I'll let y'all know when we leave----right now it is looking like the middle of the month. But I'll be back on here hopefully everyday 'til then to see how everyone is doing.
Take care, Karen
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 01:49 AM   #9  

Default Hello, my Queen Sisters!

Hello, ladies!

Angie, I think there is a problem with my Windows application, but the fact remains I don't have problems any other site like I do with this one. I refuse to pay money to abolish the ads, so I practically trip over them here. Literally, every time I arrive at this site--even before I log on--is the (bonk)(bonk) of two Netflix ads being stopped by my security program! I've put off calling my provider, since it's a pain in the butt to be on the phone for an hour for stuff like that--when I want to enter my info on FitDay & post here!! How was the May 1st weather "down East"? We had a great day for gardening on Sunday, then the temp dropped again Mon, then rose again today, now it's 52 degrees again!

CW, so nice to have you back! We miss you when you're not here. Congrats on the 1.4#!!!!! You go, girl!!!! Thanks for reminding us we're queens every day--that's right!

Cal, and Mele, what part of Alaska is the Santa Claus House found in? My nephew's in the Coast Guard in Kodiak right now. I wonder if it's anywhere near there. Of course since that state is the biggest, there is the remote possibility that Kodiak isn't anywhere near Santa's house!!! (Emphasis on remote!) I also liked seeing the fuzz on the reindeer's new antlers!

Kempy, thanks for your kind words! There's terrific southern writers, too--right now I'm finishing up reading Gone With the Wind to my husband. We gardened & were too tired this weekend for me to read/him to listen. I forget how many years ago I started; sometime in the '90's, I do believe. I hadn't read to him for maybe 2 or 3 years (maybe longer!) before we picked it up again 5-6 weeks ago. And we're finally at the last 7-8 chapters, the best part of the book! I do all the voices. It's very satisfying--I hope we can finish before the summer. I'd really like for the book to end this year! Then we can finally watch the movie together! (I've already seen it, he hasn't--but he doesn't want to spoil the book for himself, bless his heart.)

Karen, I think walking your dogs on the trip is a great idea! Everyone will need to stretch their legs, and it's a painless way to 'sneak' in that exercise! What major highway will you be taking? I'm familiar with I-80, since that's the route we take to visit our grown daughters in NY state. Boy, is Pennsylvania a long state! It's like crossing 2-3 states just by itself! (Of course, I'm using Midwestern standards. To you Westerners, this is laughable!) Look forward to hearing about your travels!

Dips'n'Twists, hope that you're just super busy, handling it all; that all is okay with you. We miss you, too! Get your beauteous self back here, girl!!

Finally, I hold all of you in good thoughts and prayers for your various situations. Whether it's children, your own (or students), parents, other relatives, pets' problems, sicknesses, or our own weaknesses--do remember the positive outwelling of good energy among us. Our health is many-dimensional, not just physical. I think our little group realizes that, which is what makes it special. I may not post every day, but I wish the best for all of us.

Ladies, let's eat right, exercise, and keep on keeping on!!!
Love to all,

Loya (but I love it when you call me Virgo!)

Last edited by FatToFitVirgo; 05-02-2007 at 02:02 AM.
Old 05-02-2007, 09:10 AM   #10  

Virgo: I just wanted to answer your question. The Santa Clause House in just outside of Fairbanks, I believe it's on the Richardson Highway.
Have to get ready for school. Have a great day everyone.

Cal
calnative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 04:27 PM   #11  
so close, yet so far...

Hey ladies, Happy Hump Day! I am battling a migraine from yesterday and it hurts like heck. Ain't PMS fun?

Cal, I think my niece said the reindeer she saw were Donner and Blitzen, and she sent different pictures but they all looked the same to me . She is stationed at Ft. Wainwright I think.

Virgo, just the mention of your nephew in the Coast Guard reminded me of the movie The Guardian with Ashton Kutcher and Kevin Costner You know, the only book my husband will let me read to him is a "how to" guide for Poker . I think it's sweet that you and your hubby read together. I would love to be able to do that, but I am a bookworm and he is definitely not.

Karen, I am crossing my fingers for the pool people to come out and get things ready for you guys. That is funny about Ginger wanting to be with you in the pool all the time.

Well, I have to get some paperwork going so I'll stop here.

Hi to all and have a great day.
Old 05-03-2007, 09:05 AM   #12  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hi Guys!! Oh boy this is gonna be a long one .... Okay I let Corey and Brit each spend the night at a friends house on Saturday night. When they are home their cufew is 7:30 but I guess the boy Corey stayed with is to be home by 10. The girl Brit was staying with I guess her dad took off and went to the bar and left them home alone. So they are all uptown with friends that night and the girl Brit was staying with decided to go into her aunts restaurant and steal some liquor so Corey went with her and another girl!!! Later that night while her and Brit are hanging out at a couple of 23 year old guys house they all decide to go to the same girls aunts camp on the lake to get more liquor. Brit was in the car but didnt go in the camp. The girls all spent the night at the 23 year olds house!!

You remember before I had Brit arrested last year that the friend she was staying with her parents were getting Brit drunk and high all summer and we didnt know until she got arrested? Well, the next day I get call from her telling me that her daughter said she spent the night at my house and that I kicked her out at 6 in the morning. By then I am so pissed. Well, the kids never gave us the whole story and it took most of the night and 3 other people to let us in on all that they did. I am so sick and tired of this!!!! Saturday we get to go meet with the girls aunt and uncle so they can lecture the kids. They dont want to call the cops since it is their neice but let me tell you, I think they should!! So now we get to go be embarrassed and in the same room with a ***** that let my kid do drugs with her. I can NOT see this ending well.

So the next day I catch Corey smoking in his closet... cig burns all over my carpet so he must have been doing it for a while. Brit makes it all about her and we almost had to call the cops on her since she was so out of control.

okay next day...8:30 in the morning the principal called and he is kicking Corey out of school for mouthing off at the sub and not cooperating. He said he has given him many chances and he is sick of it. (arent we all) so now Corey is living with his grandparents. I can not handle 2 of them. We talked to Brit's PO and he cant do anything to her since no charges were filed. Stupid since I would think staying out all night would still be breaking probation!!! So she is free on the 20th and I bet you within a days time she tells us to f off and leaves. Oh and her period is late and she refuses to take a pregnancy test.

Why are they so bad? We have tried so hard with them and I feel so lost and dont know what to do anymore.

And Meanie is on the kitchen counter dying as we speak. He has gotten worse since his vet appointment and quickly. He lays in his bed and pees himself, he isnt interested in food and can barely stand up. I guess we are going to have to make the decision to put him to rest. I loved him all morning and cried on him and told him if he has to leave then it is alright to go because I dont want him to suffer for us.

Life is just great right now!!!
Old 05-03-2007, 11:07 AM   #13  
so close, yet so far...

Angie I'm sorry things are a mess right now. Hang in there, you've got your hands full. Take a step back and just breathe. I've got to make a run to the airport, but I'll be back later.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:37 PM   #14  

The first thing that jumped out at me from your post were the words, "...her dad took off, went to the bar and left them home alone." I don't know just how old Brit & her friend are, but if they're underage, can't family services be called on this anus? I am sure you let her go with the understanding there was to be some adult supervision there. I have not had children of my own; my stepdaughters are grown now, living in NY state; in any event, I can only hold your hand and pray with you.

Angie, you are really in my heart right now. I will be praying for you all day. All we can do is offer you our support. Just remember these words: This, too, shall pass. You are in our thoughts and prayers. Hang in there, dear. God still loves you...and so do we.
Old 05-04-2007, 08:50 AM   #15  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Morning. Well, I will start off with some good news today. She is NOT Pregnant!!! (that is if she actually took the test and didnt just dip it in the sink water or something) She refuses birth control so I dont know for how long she wont be pregnant. How do you raise kids nowadays. I jumped at the opportunity for birth control when I was a teen and knew I needed it. She is so irresponsible that it is scary.

Jay is going to take Meanie down to be put to sleep this afternoon. He is doing so bad that we didnt think he would make it through the night when we went to bed. We dont want him to suffer. This one will be as hard for Jay as me because we have had so many years with him and we love him so much. Me Jay and Alicia sat around and thought of all the funny things he has done over the years.

Noelle and Virgo, thank you for your kind words. They mean alot to me.

Well, that is about it for me today. I will check back later.