Old 05-01-2007, 02:10 PM   #1  
LAWL since 12/12/2006

S/C/G: 203/170/120

Height: 5'2"

Angry Binge....

OK, So i had an awful weekend as far as food goes...I ate so much that wasn't on plan, I am scared to go weigh in...i should have gone yesterday but I didn't...Does anyone else ever get out of control and just eat whatever you want????????? I try to tell myself that I have a goal and it is so important to me that i reach that goal but eating whatever i want at that time wins. Any tips for a rapid weightloss this week??? Thanks ahead of time for any help you can give ...I am so sad and frustrated!!
IaME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 02:49 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 228 in 2006/185/160

Height: 5'4"

Unfortunately most of have at one time or another given in to the temptation to eat just cause we want it! Last time I did it took me a freakin week to get rid of the weight gain it caused. Needless to say I havent done that again! BUT this is a lifestyle change and we're human and we're going to occasionally give in. Ya know what? We have to live. We cant deny ourselves something good every now and then. My advice, just suck it up, jump back on the wagon and plan one day at a time. Its not the end of the world when we mess up our food for a day, its when we get back into the habit of messing up everyday that causes problems. Hang in there, You've had great losses so you know it works!
MomOfThreeTeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 02:56 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

I am right there with you! what didn't I eat this weekend.... Krispy Kreme, hot dogs, crosants, Buffet!!!, it goes on and on and on, and now I am paying for it with a 3.2 gain!!! all this after losing 4.6 on TO last week... when will I learn. and why can't I stop myself.
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 03:12 PM   #4  
LAWL Salt Police

My question, and I'm being serious here, is how, if I eat a doughnut or two, which don't collectively weigh a pound, cause me to gain a pound?

I just don't understand that, and probably never will...
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 04:27 PM   #5  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Go to WI.......don't wait.....don't wallow in self pity.......just get your butt back to your COD.........face the music.......and then move on. I know, it sound simple and undoable.......but that's the only way. We have all done this......and it is not easy.......but it really is the only way. You can do this. We all have faith in you. Now, go get your shoes on, and get to your COD.
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 04:29 PM   #6  
hdsQrl - Megan on LAWL

S/C/G: 200.2/172/140

Height: 5'5"

*hangs head in shame*

I did the same thing this weekend and have also put off going to the COD. Tomorrow, I will go. I WILL!
hdsqrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 04:45 PM   #7  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Yes, Megan, go in the a.m.......and don't hang your head in shame........that is part of what makes us fat.........just move on girlie........you have had a couple of POP days......and this is good Just keep on swimming.......
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 05:20 PM   #8  
CouponDiva Extroardinaire

Hey Dan!

\First, unless your weigh in is right after the 2 doughnuts, it's not about what the doughnuts weigh. It's about the cals of them being converted to fat.
But the mystery remains.Say for arguments sake you ate 2 doughnuts that equaled half a pound in calories. (it wouldnt , but just say) Yet the scale shows you up 2lbs? Whats with that? lol

I think it's becasue when you stop eating "that type" of food, and start eating less carbs ( not even low carb people but anyone on a weight loss plan is restricting their carbs compared to what they were eating) Carbs make you retain more water than protein or fat. So if you eat a carb heavy food it'll look like youre up a couple lbs but it's not all fat.
Thats why If youve ever gone on a LC the first week is a big water whoosh
It's releasing all the retained water from eating a larger amt of carbs.

At least thats what I've read, from several sources.
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 05:34 PM   #9  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Cheat? No, never. Ever.

Yeah, right. Don't worry, we have all been there. Nicole is right, get into the center and WI, even if it is not good news. The longer you put it off, the longer you are going to stay off plan. Binges are a part of us overweight folks, for some reason. Think about what started the binge. We all have triggers. Use experiences like this as learning lessons. What are you going to do next weekend? Make a plan, and stick to it. You can do this!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 07:50 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 238/208/150

Height: 5'6.5''

Yep, I have been there as well. I am also trying to figure out why after doing so well I occasionaly fall off plan. But unlike other tries at lifestyle changes when I would mess up and keep messing up, if I mess up, I am going to work that much harder! Just keep going, we all have bad days!
colincalebsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 01:50 PM   #11  
LAWL since 12/12/2006

S/C/G: 203/170/120

Height: 5'2"

Thank you all so much for your support!!! I really needed it, and I will go WI and face the facts...or should i say face the numbers!!!
IaME is offline   Reply With Quote