Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 05:36 AM   #1  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Default Crazy Canuks Cluck Club - May '07

Okay Gang . . . here we are at our new chat thread for the current month.

One little spot in the great big 3FC world where we can speak/spell 'Canadian' when we need to . . . use the metric system for temperatures and measurements . . . and talk about great 'finds' for the diet concious in Canadian stores . . . all without having to wonder if anybody else will know what it is we are talking about.

If you are a continuing member . . . . . . glad you found us and don't forget to "subscribe" to the thread so you'll be able to find us more easily from now on. If you are a brand new member . . . . . . as well. Tell us where you're from and what your programme is and then just jump on in and start posting.

Hope everybody has a great moving and shaking kind of day planned. If we just keep doing the best we can,as much as we can, the rewards will follow.

See you soon . . .
Old 05-01-2007, 05:56 AM   #2  
Onward and Downward

Morning all . . .

Did you notice the lack of a "Good" at the beginning of that sentence? It is snowing. Hooray, hooray . . . the first of May. Yuck.

Thanks for all the good wishes, gang . . . obviously I survived the second eye surgery. . . although I cannot call it quite the rousing success of eye one. This one needed to have a stitch (horribly mind-boggling to think about a stitch in your eyeball, somehow) and consequently it is considerably more tender than the other one was. Also not as great a vision improvement either. All in all, though, life is good. Once this eye is pronounced healed, I can hardly wait to get to the optometrist for new glasses. I think that will make all the difference. Of course, don't know if I'll be able to fit that in before the hysterectomy. Wow, this is not one of my easiest years to plan.

On the home front . . . I've been pronounced 'trustworthy enough to sleep on' by the kittens. Purrecious is back to her 'flying squirrel' routines and is playing with the kittens. They love Jazz (who lets them play with his tail) and Mouse -- well, he just ignores them. All of my routines (eating, moving, blood glucose control) were out of sync yesterday and so far today doesn't look a lot better -- but hopefully everything will be back to normal soon.

Anyway, that's enough about me for now. Hope everybody has a great moving and shaking kind of day planned and that you have better weather than we do in Atlantic Canada, too. See you soon . . .
Old 05-01-2007, 08:58 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 232/196/180

Height: 5ft 4 inches

Default May is a good month

Good morning,

We had company for the last week, and now i am back on track. Not feeling great but one step at a time is what i have to keep in mind.

I did post on the quick reply but the posts never appeared. Don't know why.

I guess i have such a feeling of self loathing, these days. I am sure many of you have been there, done that and now smile and say you have passed that point and are on to self love.

I won't weigh in untill Thursday morning.

I am clallanging myself to one day. Today is the day.
Toast, low fat cream cheese, coffee. So far so good.
We are bringing in the last of the wood today, so bend pile, bend pile......here i go.

Thanks for listening.

Bernice

Bernice
Old 05-01-2007, 09:26 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'2.5"

It was snowing here first thing this morning also but it has stopped now but it is dreary.
Old 05-01-2007, 10:12 AM   #5  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Dreary here too, but at least April is over!

Meowee - I hate to think of a stitch in your eyeball, but wishing you a speedy recovery from surgery!

Bernice - one day at a time - that's really the only way, right?

Hi Jen!

Okay all - I did NOT meet my proposed mini-goal for May 1st... and the weirdest thing is, I don't mind. I mean, I would have LIKED to, but during my nasty cold (or viral throat infection thing) last week, I ate. And made poor choices. So, with two pounds to go, I don't really feel all that awful about it - after all, the inches are still coming off, the scale is still going down, and *I* am controlling all of it! I expect to lose those two pounds this week, and I feel VERY good about knowing exactly why I didn't meet that mini-goal!

Keep moving and shaking all! Or, in the Nova Scotia snow - at least shaking! Oh, I am SOOO funny... not!

Heather
Old 05-01-2007, 10:22 PM   #6  

Default Today

Today was a really good day.

I helped my DH stack about two and a half cords of wood, he dumps it in the wood room and i stack it.....bend, stack bend stack. Then i went outside and weeded the heck out of the garden and dug out three potentella bushes that were all woody. And if that was not enough to get the bugs out of my funk mood, i walked 2.2 k.

I feel so much better. Even just posting this morning got it out into the open and i had to deal with it, rather than just swollowing my emotions.

Challange for tomrrow, greet the day with a smile and do my best.

Thank you for your encouragement today, it was much appreciated.

Bernice
Old 05-01-2007, 11:44 PM   #7  
Heather 2.0

Bernice -
Glad to hear you had such a great day!
Old 05-02-2007, 12:06 AM   #8  
Fighting Piano Butt!

S/C/G: 220/see ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone. Can't believe it is May already. My little angel will be 4 this month and it still seems like yesterday that we were fighting to get DH into the hospital for her birth (she was born during the SARS epidemic). The weather here was a bit dreary today but on Monday it was just gorgeous.

Linda - I am glad the surgery went OK and I hope the recovery process is trouble-free. I'm sure those kitties will help!! Good thoughts to you as you go through this stressful time!!

Bernice - WTG on a terrific day!! How inspiring that you overcame all those challenging emotions to achieve such a good result. I have BTDT and still have many, many tough moments but that is what these boards are for ... we can support each other!!

Heather - You WILL get rid of the 2lbs this week, I know it!! It is VERY hard to keep on track when you're sick but I know you will bounce back quickly. GO HEATHER GO

to everyone else ... hope I can be more active on this May thread.
cheers
e.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:49 AM   #9  
Ilene the Bean

eusebius -- My oldest baby turns 19 this month... oh, my, oh, my I feel old ... Time just goes by way too fast ...

It's getting late and I can barely type, so I'm off to bed
Old 05-02-2007, 07:25 AM   #10  

Default Good morning

Good morning,

Woke up smiling and in control, what can be better?

I hauled out my WW book this morning. I was wondering if there were some very good WW sites here.

Last fall i joined on line, but i really dont want to go that route this time. I certainly know the drill at this point. I had a motive as i was having surgery in October and lost 13.5 lbs with no effort at all, so i know i can do it. I used the points as a guide line and at first was shocked to see what i really was consuming in the course of a single day.

Ilene, eusebius and heatherangel, thank you for your kind words.

Can you tell me please, what is the difference between the quick reply and this post?

I will try to post at least once a day.

Anyone up for small step challanges?

Bernice
Old 05-02-2007, 09:24 AM   #11  
Heather 2.0

Hi eusebius! GREAT to see you!

Bernice - another great start today then - well done! I remember starting WW a few years back and being absolutely STUNNED by what went in my mouth in a day - it taught me a LOT! There is a WW group on this site - do be sure to check it out. As for advanced and quick replies, the only difference I notice is that I can add more smileys that I wouldn't know how to make otherwise - LOL! But I'm sure that can't be it, so no doubt a moderator or someone more 'advanced' than me can clarify this for you

Jen, Ilene - howdy chickies!

Meowee - how ya feelin' today?

I have to make today my 'running around' day - getting groceries and household tasks done - blah... boring, but necessary.

Have a great day, all!
Heather

Last edited by HeatherAngel; 05-02-2007 at 09:30 AM.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:12 AM   #12  
Onward and Downward

Hi gang . . .

Started the day with a little sunshine . . . but it is fading fast . . . and it is still non-seasonal in the temperature department. . .

At least I had a good night's sleep last night and the eye is feeling a little bit less painful this morning, but I certainly know it is still there. BGL has been dreadful . . . don't know what they pumped into me to "calm me down" during the surgery on Monday, but I wish it would soon flush away.

Kittens (and adults) are doing fine . . . although I feel like I've got 3 babies in the house and I always seem to be wiping little cat bottoms (they are not exactly the neatest in the litter yet). Doing the 'kitten shuffle' has become the standard way of walking for everybody who comes into my house to avoid stepping on one. I know they will be out of kitten-hood in the of an eye so I'd better enjoy it while I can.

Been pondering long and hard about the upcoming hysterectomy and think I may delay it until the Fall . . . I've had enough for now what with the three minor surgeries so far this year and I really need a break. Haven't had any 'problems' since the one that started everything last September/October so it should be a safe little delay -- yeah, I know, famous last words. Haven't called the GYN yet. Going to wait until next week to see if I feel any differently about it by then.

Bernice . . . there is definitely a Weight Watchers forum on 3FC and here's a link . . . http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2 . . . you will find all sorts of stuff over there. BTW, I never use "quick reply" because "advanced" gives you so many more options and it is only one little button click to get there. Then you can keep things simple or use as many of the extra options as you want.

Okay everybody . . . keep things moving and shaking today . . . see you later . . .
Old 05-02-2007, 12:09 PM   #13  
tamIam

S/C/G: size16/size14/size10

Height: 5'7"

It's MAY!!!

Hello all...Happy May!
I hope and trust all is well in the lives of everyone here. Meowee - Hang in there with your eye recovery! Have a hug. I hope you'll be feeling better soon.

Heather , Bernice, Ilene, Eusebius - Happy Wednesday....
It feels like I've been off my plan for months on end, but it's only been a week. This is what happens when life gets in the way. It's funny. Sometimes I'm sure that a healthy lifestyle is what I lead and that it doesn't take all that much effort, and then I sort of de-rail myself and BLAM! - I'm off to the phone to order Vietnamese...then I can't seem to get up early enough to get to the gym and it's easier to buy lunch and drive to work, not bike..

Oh well perhaps coming here is the most sane and sensible thing to do. - Although admittedly I'm typically not one for sane and sensible. Cheers to better choices I guess.

Anyways, look at me blathering on. I hope everyone has a wonderful day!!
Tam
Old 05-02-2007, 02:00 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'2.5"

A little chilly here today but at least the sun is out. I went out for groceries today so of course all the "good" fruit willbe eaten first. I am down a pound but 1 pound up from ticker but once TOm is done I hope to be back at ticker then hopefully downhill from there. i am finally COMPLETELY back on plan not just half assed......
Old 05-03-2007, 04:23 PM   #15  
Onward and Downward

Just quick from me today . . .

I was out and about for around 4 hours today and then I spent a couple of hours trying to read this afternoon. My eyes are both aching and I'm so tired I can hardly keep them open, anyway.

My vision is so much better now that the cataracts are gone that my glasses are next to useless. I can't read with them or without them -- my arms must have shrunk during the surgery, I guess. But I really need them for driving and distance vision, but the prescription is actually too strong and gives me a headache. I have to wait 3 to 4 weeks (until the second eye is deemed completely healed) before I can go to the optometrist to get new ones. Nothing works really well for looking at the computer either -- although it is easier than trying to read a book or magazine. This is going to be a long month. . .

Anyway, gang . . . I hope everybody keeps things moving and shaking wherever you are . . . and I will at least try to stop in for a quick hello again tomorrow . . . see you then.
Closed Thread