Old 05-01-2007, 09:46 AM   #1  
Thursday Lady

Cool Thursday Chatters for May

Good morning May Flowers!
(Is that corny or what!)

For any newcomers, this is a great group. We talk all the time and help each other through tough times. So come on in and stay awhile!

I'm ready to return to Cayman. It's such a "laid back" society. They are all so friendly. Yesterday I went to my local supermarket. I asked the checker how he was doing. To that, he gave me a dead pan stare and said, "fine." I was shocked because I'd been in such a congenial place for a week.

Other than that episode, I'm ready to return to Program. I desparately need to return to Program.
How is everyone doing today????

Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 09:42 PM   #2  

LOL to May Flowers!! A laid back place is nice. The town we live in is pretty laid back. Today was just ok foodwise. Definitely wasn't Core, that's for sure. Not sure if I'll have a loss this week because of TOM, just hope I don't have a gain.

Hope to hear from everyone!!!
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 10:18 PM   #3  
Susan

Can't believe it's May!!! Somebody has a birthday in a few days.... wonder who??????

I got my blood work back but nothing was out of the normal range. However, she wants me to go to an endocrinologist..... the first appointment available is July 13. Can you believe that? I also met with the dietician today and she put me on a diabetic exchange program. She thinks it's going to help alot....We will see.

Tina, I'm just having a hard time losing weight even excercising and all. I've gained. My doctor thinks my hormones might be out of whack.

Tammy, I don't like being that tired. I get that way when Pat's band plays (the next day).

Oh, did I tell you.... on 16 days left of school????
auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 10:26 PM   #4  
Thursday Lady

Hi again!
Susan, I don't think I own any hormones anymore. I had an early menopause and it wasn't fun. My dr. put me on estrogen for several years. I got scared of it and stopped a year ago.

Tammy, what day is your big day? I'm sorry I can't remember.

Where is everyone?????????????????????????????????????????? ?

Old 05-02-2007, 01:26 PM   #5  

Hmmmm. I wonder who? How can you keep track of that??? I don't remember anyone's!!! My day is May 8. We are leaving for Michigan that day. We'll be back on Friday, May 11. Have you guys ever heard of Mackinac Island in Michigan? There aren't any motor vehicles on the island (except fire trucks, ambulance, police). Anyway, there is a hotel there called the Grand Hotel. It is absolutely beautiful! Not sure how old it is, but it is old. Very expensive, but right now there are different nights in May that you can stay there at quite a discount, so we are staying there on May 9. Birthday/mother's day gift for me. I have wanted to stay there since I was a little girl when my family would go up there. People aren't even allowed to go up on the large porch unless they pay $10 (I think), and we are actually going to stay there! After 6:00 at night, you have to be dressed up if you are on the main floor. This will be a new experience.

Today I actually have energy! I guess Mon. and Tues. were to rest up from the weekend. I wouldn't have given up the weekend for anything though. It was so awesome to be there.

Susan, I'm glad that someone is getting things figured out for you. Hope it all works out!

Tina, I wish I would have menopause right now. I'm getting tired of this. I know that's part of what is making me tired right now too.

I agree. Where is everyone????
Old 05-02-2007, 10:14 PM   #6  
Susan

Hi,

Ok, I have to confess....... I actually have ya'lls birthdays on a reminder that send it to me about 10 days before. If not, I would NEVER remember. Now, I will be reminding you when mine is, you won't have to worry. I love those birthdays!

Tammy, My best friend lives in Michigan and they go to Mackinac Island every year. She loves it there. It sounds beautiful from the way she talks about it. WOW!!!! sounds like a fancy place you will be staying at. Do tell us all about it?

Tina, how are you doing? Is it raining down there? We've had some big storms that don't stay very long.

Where is everyone?
Old 05-02-2007, 11:09 PM   #7  
Thursday Lady

Where is MY mind???
I just looked in my address book and I have the birthdates written down there. Duh!
I am still so tired from my trip. And, I haven't been eating right yet.
It was the day to take my mother to the eye doctor. That was very trying as she can't hear, can't understand what's going on because of her stroke dementia, etc., etc., etc. I didn't feel real good to start with......
Tomorrow, I will get back OP and I'm going to rest, rest, and rest all day.

Tammy, that place sounds great and expensive.
Maureen, are you still lurking around? If so, get yourself online!!!
Jody, Dee, Sis, Terry, Chantal, etc., etc., etc., please post.

Susan, we haven't had rain yet.

Old 05-03-2007, 12:12 PM   #8  
Thursday Lady

Happy Thursday!

Boy, I stayed in bed until 9:00 this morning. We took our trip to chill out and do nothing. However, when you are on such a gorgeous island, you go non-stop.
The heat was horrendous and I didn't drink enough water for hydration. I'm paying for it now. I am exhausted.
This is the first day that I can do NOTHING.
I am going to empty my carry-on case. I have stuff in the washer. It's time for a Diet Coke.

Okay y'all, it's time for "The May Challenge." Anyone up for it?
I go for my annual physical on June 5th and would love to have lost 10 pounds. Is that too adventurous? Is it possible to lose that much? Really, what do y'all think???

Old 05-03-2007, 04:21 PM   #9  

Susan, you can start sending me the birthday reminders. Could you add all my family members to your reminders????? I might have seen your friend up there because we go up there every summer too! We usually stay in Mackinaw City, and we have stayed on the island once. This will be a real treat. I just can't wait!

Tina, I love your mind!! I would do the same thing. Taking your mother to the doctor had to be a stressful time for you. You were already tired from the trip, so that doesn't help, I'm sure. Our cost for the hotel for the night includes a 5 course meal for two plus breakfast the next day, so I guess it all evens out in the end. There is no way we could stay there for their regular rate. For 2 people for one night it is about $500+. Not something we could do on a regular basis for sure, and I know of people who stay there every year for several nights.

Tina, I hear you on the Diet Coke!! I'm sitting here with a Diet Mt. Dew. It hits the spot sometimes!! For me, I know that 10 pounds would be too much to lose, but if you think you can, go for it!! I'll aim for my butterfly to hit 20 by that day, so that's only 4 pounds. The little bugger has been sitting there for ages, and I think he needs to get on the move. My last coupon thing ran out the end of April for WW. Last night, I went online and bought the monthly pass. I wasn't going to do it, but Bob keeps telling me that I'm worth it, and I should go for it! Love that guy!!!

other news. I have checked around about a doctor here in town, and I believe that I am switching. The doctor is a woman, and her grandmother is one of our neighbors. I won't be going in to talk to them about switching to her until after we get back from Michigan.

Hope we hear from everyone else!!
Old 05-03-2007, 10:41 PM   #10  
Susan

Hi Friends,

I hope ya'll had a good day. It sounds like were both really busy.

Tina, I know it's stressful for you to take your mother to the doctor. You have to do so much! You deserved your trip!

Tammy, I think it's great that you and Bob need to get away. Celebrate your retirement.

I'm in for the May challenge. All I can do is promise to do my best....

You guys are awesome!!!!!
Old 05-04-2007, 11:22 AM   #11  

Susan, part of my dreams for retirement was to take trips. We have always enjoyed our vacations, and now we can take them whenever we want! We are already talking about going back to that gambling boat sometime. There are shows there and other activities besides gambling. I enjoyed watching the people!! Of course, the Ben and Jerry's ice cream place there was a big draw for me!!! lol

Tim just called. His last exam was over about 10:45, and he was packing his car. He should be home in less than 2 hours!! I know we just saw him yesterday, but it will be great to have him home. I know Kramer will love it!!

I need to get the dining room table cleaned off. When it's just the two of us, we eat at the breakfast bar. With 3 of us, we'll need the table. OR maybe we could just go out to eat all the time!!!

Hope you all have a great day!!
Old 05-04-2007, 12:02 PM   #12  
Thursday Lady

Happy Friday!

Susan, how many more days?

Tammy, I told Larry about the place you're going and he reminded me that we saw something on the Travel Channel about the place. Wow, that's a big hotel. You will have such a good time.

I need to clear off my dining table, too. I still have lots of vacation stuff on it.
I think it's great that y'all still eat at the table. The only time we do is on Sunday. Other times, we sit at TV trays and watch TV. I guess that's okay since we're all "grown-ups."

I actually walked for 25 minutes this morning. I'm getting back into the swing of every day life.
Old 05-04-2007, 11:30 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 177.8 / 166 / 141

Height: 5 " 2

Hi Ladies first of all I'd like to thank Tina for inviting me over to this Board A little about me I'm new to the Group and in March I joined WW and as of Thursday I've lost 11 Pounds I only have 6 Pounds to go to get to my 10 % Target Weight The Hotel in Michigan sounds Beautifull please send pictures. I am hoping to go to Greer, SC the end of August for my Grandson's 12th Birthday I see my Oncologist on the 17th and I have to get clearance from him I am also hoping to fit into a size 14 Bathing Suit by then ( keeping my fingers crossed ) . Well Ladies I'm not that good with names but I hope ya'll have a GREAT weekend.
martysgirl1197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 03:13 PM   #14  
Thursday Lady

Talking

It's Saturday
I hope everyone is out having lots of fun. Remember that exercise helps us lose those inches and pounds.

Martysgirl, I'm so glad you found your way over to this thread.
You mentioned something about your oncologist. I hope everything is going well for you.
About me----I'm in my 50's, have a fantastic husband and a super 33 year old son. (Wow, 33--makes me feel old.) I reached Lifetime in '93 but have fallen off the wagon several times.

We're having a good day. We've been painting the outside east wall of our house. Because of all the rain we've had and our vacation, it's taking us some time. We just need to paint the trim color now.

What's going on with everyone else???
Old 05-05-2007, 04:24 PM   #15  

Tina and martysgirl, the Grand Hotel is really big. I just can't wait!! I have my camera and extra film ready to go. There is a website you can check out: www.grandhotel.com

Tina, we can see the tv from our breakfast bar. Our favorite show to watch at suppertime is MASH reruns. We just crack up at them.

Martysgirl, you are doing awesome with your weight loss!! Keep it up!! I'm 51 (soon to be 52), just retired from 30+ years of elementary teaching, married to Bob for almost 26 years, and we have a son, Tim, who just turned 19 and just finished his first year at college.

I don't know why I don't stick to the program like I know that I should. I frustrate myself!!

It has been raining all day today. Bob and Tim were going to go to some races tonight, but they've been postponed till the 19th.