Old 04-26-2007, 12:05 PM   #1  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Default Setting Captives Free - The Lords Table

Hi All!

I don't normally hang out much here - I'm normally at the 100 lbs club. I've just always been there.

I recently started a course at the web site: http://www.settingcaptivesfree.com/l...ble/course.php

I'm really enjoying it. Have any of you done this course? Any thoughts?
Charbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 11:12 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 501/412/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi I did it! I went to that website and I signed up! We can do it together! And all for the Glory of God our Father and Jesus His Son and His Holy Spirit will help us and transform us! Love in Christ, your new friend, Gwyn
Gwynditmars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 08:56 PM   #3  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

Hi Gwyn!

What day are you on? I'm on day 3. What do you think of it so far? I'm so happy I found that site.

Your sister in Christ,

Dana
Old 04-29-2007, 12:15 AM   #4  

Hi Dana! I think it is wonderful! Just what I believe and want! He is so worthy of all the Glory, Honor and Praise! I am just starting day 2 as soon as I get off the 3fatchicks. Thank you so much for posting that! It was a true God send! It was so funny because as I was navigating to the website I was thinking of all my past atempts and how my motivation was always for all kinds of reasons but none for the one who rightfully deserves the Glory! Then after signing up and looking at the 1st question!!! WOW!!! I knew, that I knew I was right where God wanted me to be! He is speaking and finally I am listening! I hope we can keep coming back to this thread and chatting about what we have learned and what the Lord has accomplished in our lives. There I go again! hahaha We are His and His workmanship, created in Christ!
God Bless you Dana for being obediant to His will and making that post!
Love in Christ your new friend, Gwyn
p.s. if you would like to learn more about me you could go to my thread on this faith based forum it is called Hi I have a long, long weigh to go!
Well I will keep checking in here and seeing what my sister in Christ is up to. Bye Bye
Old 04-30-2007, 08:50 AM   #5  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

Gwyn...

I admit it - Satin has been tugging at my strings and I haven't cut him off yet. I was all into this course - then God has asked me to fast for Him. I am saddened to admit that He has asked me for something that should be easy. I am asking Why Lord? Why do You want me to fast? The Lord replies to me - and I hang my head in shame.

I am going to plan a fast for Wednesday. I have never fasted before. Please be in prayer for me as I prepare.

In Him,

Dana
Old 04-30-2007, 08:03 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 159/159/130

Height: 5'7"

How blessed to be obedient to God's calling. I will be praying for you. Know that God will use this time to speak to you and draw you closer to Himself.

Blessings,
Leigh Ann
sports mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 09:58 PM   #7  

Hi Dana and Leigh Ann! God is so faithful and he is so good!Dana don't let the devil stress you over the fast. I have fasted many times and for many days at a time to get clost to the Lord. It is all about obediance and attitude going into the fast. You can do it girl. If I can do it I know you can do it. I is really not hard at all. Just go into it with a positive attitude and God will honor your obediance, you will see. Just be sure you drink lots of water and I found that when the hunger got strong drinking a large glass of very COLD water will quiet that noise down real quick. You will be fine. God Bless you for wanting to please our Lord. Keep up the work on the course and I will too! Are you going to try it Leigh Ann??? You won't be sorry at all. It is a wonderful course of action towards pleaseing the Lord and learning, and Great Blessing.Love in Christ, Gwyn
Old 05-01-2007, 10:58 AM   #8  

I read your note yesterday, looked into that site and am thinking on it a lot.
You now have two threads going on this I see (Christian Dieters), will you combine them? Gwyn just jumped right in and praised the Lord for it. I want to do it to. I have a friend who is Hindu and she fast weekly to her god, I certainly should be able to do that for the glory of the Lord God after what He has done for me. And I do need some help with structure and to really realize and give credit to the One for whose glory I am doing this for . You girls are doing this and I do not want to fall away, so I am going to sign up today. Please keep the thread on this course up and running. I'll need you guys! Thnaks Dana/Gwyn
elizbennet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 07:39 PM   #9  

Hey Elizbennet! I am so PROUD of you! God is too! You are his princess daughter and he knows how very much you want to please him! You TOO DANA!
I made it fasting my noon meal for the 2nd day and just had toast for my breakfast, just something to take my insulin with. I cut way way back on it too, and kept checking my sugars through out the day to make sure they were not going nuts. They were not! I didn't even crash and that is a 1st in a long time!
I made it all the way to 6pm before my sugars began to elevate and then it was only to 140!!!! PRAISE GOD WHO IS SO WORTHY OF OUR PRAISE!
You see I have always had to take a lot of insuln. My docs have me on 80 units of Humilin N 4x per day and 50 units of Humilin R 3x per day!!!!
This morning I checked my sugars and they were at 105 and Normal is 80 to 140. I took only 20 units of R and 40 units of N and I checked again around my normal time that I would eat lunch and take my noon insulin and it was only 94!!!! PRAISE GOD!!!!! So I didn't take any at all. Then at the supper time, is when they began to elevate so I ate and took my normal units!!!
I am so happy!!! GOD is sooooo faithful!! God is soooooo good! He is sooooo sooooooo sooooooooooooooo worthy of any act of obediance and sacrifice we do for Him!!!! Glory to God in the Highest!!! I am happy happy happy!
I am telling you guys all that because it is a miracal that my sugars stayed in the normal range. I had suffered with very high sugar levels for the past 3 years! Like in the 500 and 600's all the time. They finally had to hospitalize me and put an insulin IV drip on my for a week to get them down and then to figure out I am totally insulin resistant and that is why I have been ordered to take such huge amounts!!! BUT MY SISTERS GOD!!!!
Yes! Yes! Yes! But GOD! I am here to shout it from the roof tops! (if I could get up there I would) GOD IS GREAT! GOD IS GOOD!!!!!!!
Dana tell that old slewfoot devil that he is a liar and to get right where he belongs under your feet in the name of Jesus!!!!!!!!!!!
Ok now your turn to chat! ahahahahah
Love you both and anyone else who reads and joins the Lords Table and this thread. In Christ, Gwyn
Old 05-01-2007, 08:34 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 276/270/150

Height: 5'5"

I am following along as well. Today was my day 2 and I did follow the liquid day and drank fluids all day and ate a meal for dinner. I can't believe how empowered I felt that God would can and will carry me through this journey. All my co-workers were saying you have to eat-you can't go all day without solid food or protein or whatever!! Well guess what I did! God made sure I was comfortable and learning a very valuable lesson in the process. With God anything is truly possible!! Gwyn and Dana you are both inspirational to me-just thought you should know! Keep it up!
blessings to all!
Tracy37
Tracy37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 12:08 AM   #11  

Tracy! You GO GIRL! Keep GOING WITH GOD!!!! Don't listen to the nay sayers! Listen to GOD! And you are I can TELL! and a great big to you here at the Lords Table thread! I love Dana so much because she was obediant to the Lord and made this thread post. I am sooooo happy! God Bless you and keep coming back and we can all support each other! in doing His will!
Hug to All! Love again in Christ, Gwyn

Old 05-02-2007, 09:44 AM   #12  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

Gwyn.. you crack me up girl! It must take you an hour to do your post with all those fancy graphics. I do agree, however, that it is a miracle regarding your sugar levels. That really is incredible. Here is my new phrase: When everything seems impossible - that's when God does His best work! Amen!

If you don't mind me asking, Tracy and Gwyn - what denomination are you both? It's just me being curious. I'm presbyterian opc - not a huge group in the US here is a link for some info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orthodo...yterian_Church

Blessings,
Old 05-02-2007, 10:21 AM   #13  

I attend Church of the Nazarene.
Old 05-02-2007, 03:28 PM   #14  

Tracy I am Baptist. My inlaws were Church of the Nazarene people. They always had a live band on Sundays. I loved visiting there, even though it was a small church. A small church in a small town:the two go together, I guess.
Yes, ladies I did it. I am on day 2 Today!!!! Yea. It's going to be a real special journey. Already I am really thinking just Why do I spend time and money on so many things that do not count and just why am I not "stuffed" with Jesus?
I am going to be working on those questions changing those answers! Yea!!! OK ladies - have a great and filling in our Lord Jesus Christ!!
And Gwyn - don't you dare change a thing about how you post (even though we know it takes a lot of time) it's Great!!
elizbennet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 08:39 PM   #15  

Our church is small I think only about 40 regular attendees but I love it. We have had alot of changes over the years and faced closing a few times but have persevered and God has always been there providing the means and the people to keep the church alive.

Elizbennet-good luck on your journey. This has been the best thing that's happened to me so far in this forum. I find the studies are challenging my thinking and that can only be a good thing.

Good luck to everyone and keep up the good work. Tomorrow is a fast day for me so keep me in your prayers!!