Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Default LAWL Losers and Friends _ May 2007

I declare this National POP Month!!!
to get us all started.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:20 AM   #2  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Okay, Dan. I read your post in the April thread and you have regained your "good guy" status. And by all means, keep the jokes coming. I actually really liked them.

LeaAnn - Great 4 lb loss on TO. I'm down 2 this morning Day 1. Maybe if I throw some Fiber Sure on my food rations today I can get to the 4 mark....I must say, though, I'm loving the grapefruit. It may be a regular fruit exchange.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:20 AM   #3  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Talking Crap Crap Crap!

I should have been FIRST this month!! Stupid me--posted on April--it takes me days to switch gears!

OK--I am copying over here--good job Joni!

Joni--thanks for the membrane info (still an icky word!). God knows I'll try anything. So just what would be your fast food choice? I'm a Chik-fil-a nugget fan myself--yum. It's too early. Joni--you have every right to be upset (and vent--that's why we are here friend!). Nicole is right--she's an ***--and was just plain rude. You need sticker in your car that says "if you are smoking--you had better be on fire". My husband was a volunteer firefighter for years and we had one at home and it solved a lot pf problems before they came up. No use in you and your belongings stinking! My apologies to the smokers.

Nash Deb--I am so happy to see you back around--we miss you (everyone!) when you take a break. I know when I go MIA or lurk I start doing really badly.

Kristen--hope your tummy is feeling better--guess you and Sharon both had a major "house" cleaning--lol. I wish that would happen to me so it would be easier to resist temptation!

Dan--since we are in total agreement--keep on cracking jokes--lol. Really--even if I didn't agree--I'd laugh. Remember--I am a Texan and I am anti-Hillary.

Well--TO was good--I was down 4.0 this am--so not normal for me and TO. I will say that I think only 2-3 are "real". Saturday night we ate BIG and I had blackened cod and I feel the spices caused the sodium level to be really high. I was definitely at an all time high Sunday morning when I started the TO. So even when I lose 10 and will still be a little higher than at my b-day last yeah--wah wah wah....
Old 05-01-2007, 07:22 AM   #4  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Joni--I totally agree on the grapefruit. When I eat it my hunger pangs really diminish. Plus--the weird aftertaste makes me NOT want to put anything in my mouth for a long time--even water tastes wrong. I am going to buy some 100% juice just to keep on hand and see if the occasional sip will have the same effect. WTG on the losses--like I said--i don't think I can count the whole 4 but I will for now!
Old 05-01-2007, 08:01 AM   #5  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Default Oreo Pie

I sent this recipe to Nicole to see if the LAWL Chef would convert / adjust / give us LAWL approved exchanges. This was on the Hungry Girl site this morning and it sure sounds yummy....

Ingredients:
4 packs 100 Calorie Packs Oreo Thin Crisps
3 cups light vanilla soymilk
1/2 a small (4-serving) pkg. JELL-O Sugar Free Fat Free Cook & Serve pudding mix; Vanilla
1 envelope unflavored Knox Gelatin
2 cups thawed Cool Whip Free
2 tbsp. sugar-free chocolate syrup

Directions:
Stir pudding mix into soymilk in a medium-large saucepan. Stirring constantly, bring to a full boil. In a large mixing bowl, combine soymilk mixture with gelatin and whisk continuously for at least 5 minutes (until gelatin is completely dissolved). Place dish in the fridge for about 45 - 60 minutes, until chilled and partially set. Meanwhile, take 1 and 1/2 packs of the cookies and process in a blender or food processor until reduced to fine crumbs (or place them in a sealable plastic bag and crush through the bag with a rolling pin; less clean up!). Place crumbs in a 9" pie dish, and use your hands to spread crumbs along the bottom to cover. Take remaining 1/2 pack of cookies along with 3rd pack and break into pieces; set aside. Once mixture in fridge is ready, stir in 1 and 1/2 cups of the Cool Whip (a wire whisk works wonders) until thoroughly mixed. Next gently stir cookie pieces into the mix. Carefully pour mixture into pie dish and spread evenly on top of crumbs. Return to fridge until set (3 hours or overnight). Once ready to serve, break 4th pack of cookies into small pieces. Sp read 1/2 cup Cool Whip over pie and sprinkle cookie pieces on top. Drizzle with chocolate syrup and prepare to get cookies 'n cream crazy! Serves 8!

Serving Size: 1 slice
Calories: 115
Fat: 1.75g
Sodium: 175mg
Carbs: 20.5g
Fiber: 0.5g
Sugars: 8.5g
Protein: 3.75g
Old 05-01-2007, 08:10 AM   #6  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hey everyone. day 2 of my TO and it's going well. yesterday i wasn't hungry at all, which with the regular FF (at the beginning of the plan) i have a hard time not eating things i shouldn't. so i was surprised. i love grapefruit, so maybe that's it? well, i'm showing down 3lbs from yesterday, but i know that of the 5lbs i gained over the weekend, the majority is water except for maybe a pound...there's just no way for me to gain 5lbs in that short period of time. so i think this TO is good for me. it's definitely helping me shed the water weight faster and i'm not really craving carbs. hopefully, tomorrow will show that i lost the last 2lbs and maybe i can get one more, so i can go to WI and see a loss!

anyways, i've got to get a few things done before work @ 10am. see ya later tonight.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:46 AM   #7  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Hi everyone!

This place moves fast! Trying to catch up on everyone's posts! Whew!

Kudos to those that have losses! I remain impressed with everyone's progress. And even to those that fell off program over the weekend I'm impressed with y'all also as it seems everyone just picks themselves up by the boot straps and carries on. THAT is success too!!

Michelle, No sweets?! Are you allergic to sugar? Bless your heart! One of the reasons I think I'm successful on this program is because of the two Lites I get each day. I'm in awe of you!!

Joni, you crack me up! As I read your last posts in April, I spluttered coffee all over my computer screen.

Debbie/Nashville, I'm sending you positive food vibes while you're in Chattanooga.

Sharon, my oldest daughter has the same problem as your DIL. She's allergic to cat dander (reason we never had cats) and her doctor told her if she's ever in an enclosed room with one she will be seeing the inside of an ER. I guess you're getting your exercise in doing all that extra cleaning.

Well, I just learned a few minutes ago when my DH phoned me that he did not get the week of vacation in June he asked for. Guess what? I made reservations YESTERDAY! In fact, he's not even sure which week he will get!! I'm in a bit of a tizzy right now. He says he will know sometime today and will phone me.

Later...
Old 05-01-2007, 08:48 AM   #8  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Joni – That’s so inconsiderate of your friend, she’s taking advantage of your generosity in letting her smoke in your car. I wouldn’t roll lint for her either! I think though, smokers really just don’t get it, because they are truly addicted to nicotine. My mom doesn’t. She thinks I’m over doing it by not having anyone smoke in the house, or around Cameron. When we go to my aunt’s cottage, she lights up in the living room after I put Cam to bed. Yeah, like smoke doesn’t travel to bedrooms…*rolls eyes*. (I’m an ex smoker too, and probably did some very selfish things too)

Danette – You can have pizza as a carb craver, but only once a week. I probably indulge in that about every other weekend, and it’s a lifesaver sometimes at team lunches for work or when we’re running around doing family stuff.

Dan – Your before and after pictures are astounding. What a difference you’ve made.

Lea Ann – Amazing results on your TO so far! You’re May 25 goal doesn’t seem like such a stretch now.

Kristen – Sorry BK was so hard on your tummy. So tell me, did you have fries? Can you describe the crunchy salty goodness please? My latest junk food that I try to call POP is a turkey burger from Licks, with only half the bun, which I count as 2S…it’s very good, and they offer with a mixed green salad as a side.

Morning Jillian! Good job on your TO too…you guys are going to set records this time around.
Old 05-01-2007, 09:02 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suziewan View Post
When we go to my aunt’s cottage, she lights up in the living room after I put Cam to bed. Yeah, like smoke doesn’t travel to bedrooms…*rolls eyes*. (I’m an ex smoker too, and probably did some very selfish things too)

My son has asthma and just being where people have smoked has sent him into an attach. We stayed at a hotel once and all they had was a smoking room. so we took it, we were up all night with him. We almost had to go to the ER. and he was never even around the smoke its self just the stinky room. never again!
Old 05-01-2007, 09:03 AM   #10  
Danette lawl march 20/07

Height: 5'4"

Good morning all

I was lying in bed last night and was thinking about all the posts I've read since starting my journey to the new ME!!!!! A few of the posts last night said you don't know why you end up cheating and eating foods not on plan!!
Since I'm just starting week 7, I still have the newbie feeling alll excited and want to make my goal. Well I want you all to have that newbie feeling again... SSSSSSSSSoooooooooooooooo I want you to close you eyes..... NO NOT YET KEEP READING LMAO..... I want you to remember the first time you got a big reaction on your weight loss and what that person said to you and how you felt...Do you remember feeling smaller and you could see the changes in your body and just waiting for someone else to notice Do you remeber how great it felt...proud ....excited...happy...grinning ear to ear.........I think we all need that feeling again!!!!!

My first big reaction was this sunday when I went to see my MIL for the first time since starting lAWL I didn't tell anyone on my husbands side of the family about my weight loss....I walked into the kitchen and she looked at my face and then looked down my body......giggle....Then said with all kinds of excitment "ARE YOU LOSING WEIGHT" and very proudly I said yes I am 14 pounds gone This has been my best reaction as of yet!!!!

NOW CLOSE YOU EYES...............REMEMBER THE REACTION AND TRY TO GET THAT FEELING BACK

's to you all
Old 05-01-2007, 09:04 AM   #11  

I too posted in April first. I was trying to get caught up but then I was just getting behind over here!!! I am still up about 1.5 or 2 from what I lost on TO. talk about a naughty weekend. and now we are all getting sick. I think it is from being in the camper this weekend, DD-7 year old... was getting sick and I think we all were breathing her air, every one of us have it now!

Dan Love the new avatar!!!!!! all I can say is WOW!!! wow wow wow...... you have come a long way buddy.
Old 05-01-2007, 09:25 AM   #12  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Danette -- Yes, thank you for that reminder. I love that feeling, when someone notices a difference...or when you notice your clothes fitting better, or go down a size. I'm comfortably back in a 16, thank God, finally, and it feels great. Yesterday my assisstant said 'wow, I can really tell that you've lost weight in that outfit'...and my 2 yo son said 'momma, i like you!' when he looked at me in the morning. All that feels great, and thank you for reminding me to keep those moments in mind the next time I'm not feeling so motivated!

Lettie -- Oh no....didn't you guys just get over being sick? Poor you!
Old 05-01-2007, 09:42 AM   #13  
Danette lawl march 20/07

Your very welcome Angie
Old 05-01-2007, 09:44 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 228 in 2006/185/160

I just LOVE when aunt Flo visits 5 freakin days early! At least that explains why I was up .6 this morning cause I've been good dangit! LOL Oh well, I'll just chug HLW now and just hope for the best at the end of the week!! Hang in there everybody!

Kristen- :-( So sorry your tummy hurts but OMG BK sounds good LOL
Old 05-01-2007, 09:53 AM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrispieD View Post
Attention Attention: FATTY BOOMBLATTY CONFESSION:

"I ATE BURGER KING LAST NIGHT!!! DH and I worked all day, kids went to bed and I was dying for some of my old favorite fast food.. ate BK ( did get the burger with no mayo) BUT my body was in turmoil all night.. no details but I woke up at 2:30 and spent the next 6 hours running to the bathroom.. message sent and received.. we were having one of our days of habit of working hard on house, sitting outside after and having a bevvie and I think my former thinking kicked in but my new body said no way girlfriend.. stick to the fish and salad.. so lesson learned and for those that had a weekend that was not up to par.. welcome to my world"

yikes! that makes my stomach hurt just reading it! Next time you have a hankering for BK, try the BK Veggie, it is POP friendly and won't leave you feeling yucky and it is very yummy, (although I am not sure if all BK's carry them.)
Closed Thread