Old 04-30-2007, 06:01 AM   #1  
Still Fighting

S/C/G: 284/281/270

Default Chat Thread 4/30 - 5/5

Thought Id start the new thread for the week.

Wow, ive missed you guys and ive gained back 7 pounds in a week!!! I know its mostly water and as soon as i get back on track it will be gone, but....darn!!! cant a girl get a break??? My inventory is over and my department did pretty good, 12 hour days, stressful situation, loss of sleep equals "zombie Jae"

I spent yesterday (didnt have to work) just hanging around, napping and doing some easy gardening. I bought a lemon tree, just a small one about 2 feet tall and planted it on a pot on my patio, it is supposed to make lemons all year around....we will see....
hubby did the groc shopping and the frig is full of meat, i alos have a turkey out defrosting, i love turkey and will cook it tonite if it is thawed.

Everyone have a great day
Jae
jaesueray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 09:51 AM   #2  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Its a little cool up here,but we're heading for the beach to get some walking done. Not going to buy too much stuff this week as we leaving for our DD's bright & early Thursday Morning. Hope we have good weather while we're driving down. We have to get on a ferry at New London,Ct. to Orient Pt Long Island NY and some time when we have bad weather the ferry tends to rock back and forth,especially when the seas are rough.

Managed to stop my snacking for the last couple of days. When hungry I take popcorn chicken from Boston Market Bucket and eat a pc or two and it fills me up. Hope I found the solution to my snacking. I really like to lose this month,as I would like to get this 10 pounds off once and for all.

Jae-Thanks for starting us up this week,on this beautiful spring day.Oh!!! I'm so sorry to hear about you gain. You did so well,What happened????? There you answered my question.Stressful and sleepless nights will do it. Hope you'll be back to where you were. Why does it happen to us gals when men don't have stressful weight gain like we do??????????? I ask that to myself all the time when I gain or stall. Heres to a better week.

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 10:08 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 198/170/130

Height: 5'3

Morning ladies-

Jae- Thank you for starting the new thread. Sorry to hear about your gain. However, I suspect the weight will come off fast once you get back on a normal routine.

BB- How is it going today? Did you work out the protein thing?

I had a good weekend. I cheated a little. I had a forkful of my boyfriends cake. I know it was bad ! I also forgot to drink my water. But, I weigh the same today as I did Friday so not bad. I already drank 48 ounces of water today only 32 to go to meet my daily requirement. I am hoping with all this water I at least see some los this week.

Nikki
Nikki128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 03:11 PM   #4  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone, I've been gone fishing and camping for last several days. Had a great time. Caught lots of fish and have sunburn to boot.

I'm back 100% on program today. Wt. wise I'm doing OK. EAting was a little off during my trip, but nothing outrageous. Passed up lots of junk food, but did eat lots of apples. (which I'm OK with).

I am needing to get outside and weed my garden.

My DD had a great time at prom and I plan to post a pic (when she gets home, LOL, as I don't know how to post it).

My DH is considering changing careers after over 20 yrs. as a state trooper. He wants to go to work as an Oil Well Rig Safety Inspector. The pay would be awesome compared to what he makes now. But, he'd work 7 days on, 7 days off, 12 hr. shifts and be gone from home during his work week. At least, I wouldn't have to worry about him being shot or ran over at work. I want him to do whatever he thinks would make him happy. Health wise I am much better now, and I think I could "hold down the fort" while he's gone. I know that some of his desire for a change in career is that he "topped out" in pay a long time ago and has to work tons of over-time to make any extra money. He did put in his new application, so I'll have to wait and see how it turns out.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 05:57 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 187/187/145

Height: 5'03

Hey everyone!!!! I made it as of yesterday 2 wks. of induction. I said if I could make it 2 wks. I could do it. So yeah!!! I lost 1 more lb. as of this morning. But I am gonna wait to change my tracker on my official weigh in day. I just had to sneak a peek!! Hope all is well with everyone. Lily, Ouch darn sunburns!!! But is sounds like you had fun!!!! Beachbum, you aren't kidding about men not having stressful weight gain!!! My husband is in really good shape. Hey Jae, you are probably right, about your gain being water retention. You have lost it before and you will do it again!!!
pacemomof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 08:09 PM   #6  
Baby Steps

I'm bummed. I can't seem to get back into the swing of things. I can't get back OP 100% . I don't know what to do!! I'm gaining weight (I'm at 160-163) but I can't seem to get into the groove of LOSING! If I was at goal I wouldn't stress it much. I'd be maintaining. But I can't GET to goal or even DOWN. I need help! Any suggestions?
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 08:27 PM   #7  

Hey Brenda! Boy do I know how you are feeling. I really don't have any suggestions. The only one I may have is for you to not be so bummed. I know that that is easier said than done. I was bummed for months. You will get back with it. I know that you have come so far already. And you will do it again. Think positive. At least you are posting. I went forever without even doing that. I just isolated myself which was not good. Take care of yourself. And by the way, it is nice to meet ya!!! I am fairly new to the whole Atkins thing. Not new to trying to lose weight though. *hugs* -Paula
Old 05-01-2007, 06:03 AM   #8  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Brenda, sorry you are having a rough time right now. I recently had started gaining and this is what I did. I took out my old largest pr. of jeans and tried them on for motivation and to make me feel better about myself. I sat down and wrote a list of all the reasons I wanted to lose the wt. in the first place. I made me a list of small goals. Such as to eat my veggies, drink my water, cut down my meat portions, walk even 1 mile 3 times a week (instead of my usual 2-3 miles 5 or 6 times a week). My goal was also to log my food every day in Fitday. (when I don't log it, I get WAY off track without realizing it). A biggie for me was to cut out the salt. I opened my closet and took a good long look at all the clothes that I would no longer be able to wear if I didn't get back on track. I asked my DH for help for the first time in reminding me to stay on track. (He could care less how much I weigh but he knows I am serious and want/need to keep this wt. off). I even took a good look at my pill bag and realized that it used to be 2 bags of pills when I was obese. I hung my goal pic. on the fridge to remind me of where I wanted my wt. to stay. Basically for me, it was just like starting over. I regained that drive that spurred me to lose the weight. I know that some of these won't apply to you , but use whatever you need to help get you back on track. Hugs, I know it's hard, but you can do it. Keep posting each day and we'll all try our best to help.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 09:53 AM   #9  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

After I post I will go down to walk along the beach.

Still hanging in there.Going to W-I this Thursday as I heading down to my DD for a long weekend. Her house is not low carb friendly so I bring my revolution rolls with me. They only thing I going to eat down there is protein and veggies for lunch & dinner. For breakfast eggs & bacon.

Nikki-I believe I worked out the protein thing.I think I need more protein than I was eating I Up it from 4 oz to 6 oz not all in one setting,so far it working. I'm lucky I don't have any problems getting my water drunk. I have 80 oz 1/2 my weight.

Lily-Glad you have a such a great time fishing and on the boat. You need some relaxation will all you were going though. You're on a roll,not going overboard on the junk food,wish I was so fortunate.

Pace-Congrats on your 1 lb loss Sneaked peeked and I don't move notch. Scale doesn't like me.hehe! Hope fully when I come back from DD ,hope I found that the scale was nice and not show a gain.

Oh Brenda-Wish I knew the answer. Maybe we should all go back to writing down what we ate, like we did months ago and if anyone sees some thing wrong with our menu POINT it out. Sometimes I think I'm going too far with low carb recipes that I take off the computer. Maybe I should eat simple again. Like Protein,veggies,fruit, & diary. Do the best you can,go back to induction for a few day[that when keotose comes in Right] and than go on the owl. adding 5 grams of carbs back each week.

Have a great morning

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 10:20 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 198/170/130

Height: 5'3

BB- Good for you

Lily- You are awesome. Keep up the good work

Paula congrats on making it to week 2. Will you continue on induction or go to maintenence?

Brenda - Hang in there. Maybe you should try going back to strict induction for a bit?

As for me I am on week 3 of induction. I weigh in tomorrow but I know I loss less this week if at all. The first two weeks I lost 5 lbs week 1 and 4 lbs week 2. I have to admit the slow down is kind of depressing. Lets see if the scale is nice tomorrow.I am using ketosis stix and they say I am still in ketosis so my body is burning some fat.

Nikki
Nikki128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 02:05 PM   #11  
Baby Steps

Thanks all for the uplifting words of encouragement! It helped more than you know! I think the problem is, I can be OP for weeks (I get sidetracked after a couple weeks) and if I only lose a couple pounds (usually it's on the 2nd week that happens) I get discouraged and backslide into junk. Self sabotage. And you're all right--I need to: Sit down, re-read the book on induction rules and STICK TO that. Which also means: exercise and water. I've also learned...it's easy to decide to do it and harder to put it into practice. So back to baby steps!! Work on the eating and water first.Thank you all for the help!!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 03:04 PM   #12  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Height: 5'7"

Hi , I'm back from my holliday. 3 weeks without a computor! My sister got a new computor while I was there but it had vista and it wasn't compatable with her air card so we couldn't get on the internet the whole time. Just trying to catch up with everything now that I'm home. I did Ok for the most part except for the last week. So I'll be restarting induction tomorrow. Nice to see a few new people since I'v been gone. I 'll be back to chat later when I get a little more time.
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 05:54 PM   #13  

Height: 5'2"

Hello all-
I'm at school wasting time before class, lol. I have been slacking on the cardio this past week due to not visiting my parents (they own the treadmill) I plan on starting up Thursday on it again. I find it hard to go outside to run/walk due to my newer location. I think I'm looking for excuses, lol. But I'm moving at the end of the month to a college town where its commen for everyone to be walking and on their bikes. I'm really looking forward to this.

Jae- I LOVE turkey too! Glad to hear inventory is done.

BB-is the popcorn chicken good for Atkins? It sounds breaded.....and too good to be true, lol. Let me know, I wouldn't mind trying that because anything precooked is okay in my book! Sounds like you have control with your upcoming trip! Good for you!!!!

Nikki- I cheat like that too...but at least you didn't have the whole piece! Good job! I need to work on my water too. I was doing so well, but I've gotten off track. It helps to have a water bottle, so I need to stop throwing them away and start refilling. I read somewhere that you're more inclined to drink water out of a bottle or through a straw! I only lost 5 lbs during my induction.....don't give up! Its better than nothing at all! And be careful with those sticks...I found that even though I was still burning fat (due to my records on my carb intake), sometimes they wouldn't register and it was quite discouraging for no good reason.

Lily-Sounds like you had a great time camping and fishing! I can't wait to do that this summer! Great job by passing up the junk food! And good luck to your hubby!

Pace-congrats on your weight loss and completing 2 weeks of induction! Are you going to continue with induction or move on to phase 2?

Brenda-I'm sorry to hear you're bummed! And boy, can I understand your frustration! My suggestions are fitday.com (I just started up again, and its keeping me on track) Also, have you watched any youtube videos? There are some wonderful people on there with inspiring stories and daily or weekly vlogs (video blogs) Certain people have REALLY inspired me when I needed motivation. If your interested, I can let you know of a few people. Good luck...and you CAN do this!!!

Punce-hope you had a good holiday! Great job on trying to stay on track!

Can we get May's exercising thread started and stickied???? Thanks!!!

Getupandgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 08:07 PM   #14  

Hello all!! Nice to meet you puncezilla. beachbum, I finally made it to the beach on Sunday and did a little walking. I live about 30 minutes from Pensacola beach. I went about 4 in the afternoon and it was beautiful. I am going to stay on induction for a while longer I think. I am not craving anything, so I figured, why not. I just feel so good doing the induction. Lots of energy. Friday is my son's birthday. I MUST LET MY HUSBAND CUT THE CAKE!!!!! I don't think I can, because you know how it gets on your fingers, that would be it for me!!! No really, I think I can be tough. Ya'll pray for me!! Hope everyone has had a great day!!!!
Old 05-01-2007, 08:15 PM   #15  

Oh yeah, I forgot my Mom and my Aunt r coming to see me from Texas next week. So that will be another test. They are coming for my daughter's graduation. Another test!!! Seriously, pray for me. Because I am quite sure that all this stuff I got going on is going to involve lots of bad food!!! I am sure if I can pass up all the food at daycare I can do this too. Bye guys!!