Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 01:31 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Default 300+ And Read to Try Again #1104

WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME!!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!
Old 04-30-2007, 05:49 AM   #2  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Well, not a bad weekend, but I am sooooo tired. I didn't sleep very well last night for some reason, and now it's taking all I've got to NOT go back to bed right now (if only I didn't have to go to work ).

Anyway, I feel that I am in somewhat of a better place mentally for this whole dieting thing. I made 10 lunches (5 for Jeff and 5 for me) yesterday so I wouldn't have any excuses to go out for lunch during the week (not that having a lunch has ever stopped me before, but here's hoping).
Old 04-30-2007, 07:54 AM   #3  
EmilyMay is on her way!

S/C/G: 314/294/168

Height: 5'7"

Hiya ladies!! well the good news is I hope to meet my exercise goal for Arpil of 1,000 minutes, if I get to the gym tonite that is! but its a lovely evening so don't think that will be a problem, will feel great to have done 1,000 minutes in all!!

The not so good is up two pounds this week, but to be honest have not been trying hard with food and so thats why I think. Also its 2 weeks until I start my last placement before being qualified and I am so nervous which is making me want to nibble, really its the last thing I need as getting a few pounds off would help confidence wise, but will try some damage limitation I think. Will keep up with the exercise too. I should finish my nursing course in 14 weeks, its been 3 years hard slog, so am so excited about that and really scared too of the responsibility. I am dissapointed I won't be a slim nurse but having said that will be able to reassure bigger patients that I know where they are coming from!!

I had a lovely weekend with hubby and a lovely dinner party on saturday so feel very happy about that.

Well I hope lots of you do well with your weigh ins and heres to a productive week!!

Jilly - good start with the lunches!!

Emx
Old 04-30-2007, 08:01 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I couldn't sleep either last night (thus, I started this thread somewhat after midnight here). And I am also up in weight (again) this week. I need to get things under control, but my workload is just crushing and I'll be happy to just hold things here for the next 6 weeks...
Old 04-30-2007, 08:06 AM   #5  

good morning everyone... i am so excited to finally say i feel good today so i am now off to exercise .. and very happy about it too!
Old 04-30-2007, 08:23 AM   #6  

Height: 5'6"

Morning Chickies...

This week overall was good. Yesterday...not so much. I had a very long roadtrip and brought all healthy snacks, food. However, I ate all of that and then hit the fast food places! Geesh! Nothing like falling into the same old habits! It stops HERE tho. I snuck a peek at the scale Friday and I was down 2 lbs. I am still down this AM thankfully and am back OP this morning.

I am so close to getting under 300 lbs....which I really want....and yet I do this! No looking back! I will be better today. Its all I can do.

Off to the dentist this AM. Praying I don't need a root canal!!

Hope you all have a wonderful OP week.
Old 04-30-2007, 08:34 AM   #7  
Not Giving Up!

S/C/G: 351/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Good morning!

Just a quick post this morning as I'm due over at my SIL's to help her with some painting.

Had my official WI this morning and I am at 299.9 pounds! : Only .1 off of 300 but I will take it!

As a reward to myself for reaching this mini-goal, I registered for a beginner's Tai Chi class, which starts today. I'm not the most coordinated person on the planet, so I'm a bit nervous but mainly excited as it's something I've wanted to do for while.

Got to run but will be back later for some personals. Hope everyone has a great OP day!
Old 04-30-2007, 08:38 AM   #8  

congratulations on all the losses!
Old 04-30-2007, 09:08 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Hello All,

It's a lovely sunny day in Wales and if the forecasters are right it is going to stay this way all week Nothing like a bit of to keep a person cheery

I don't know if any of you were around when we had a person called Blondie post here. She didn't post too often, and when she left I have kept up the occasional email with her. Well for those of you that may remember her, on the 24th of April she gave birth to a gorgeous baby boy (her 3rd). So just in case she pops on here now and then I just want to say...

Blondie - on the birth of your new son

Donna - how did you go on Ebay, did you win those Leslie Sansone tapes. I tried to win 2 Tony Little Gazelle work out DVDs but the price went stupid so I didn't even up my bid. I'll keep looking though as I really do feel like following a workout routine on the Gazelle now rather than just doing it along to music.

Xena - oh definitely it was CRUEL to make Jordin think that she had been voted out. I bet she was SO relieved when she realised nobody was going. I really enjoyed the show last week, that Ben Stiller was a hoot How much money have they raised so far, do you know?

So how does Core differ to the WW points system? My points guides etc go right back to the 1 2 3 Success plan, so it's quite old, and I never learned about the Core programme. I am really glad you are finding you are doing better using the latter though and hopefully those lbs will keep dropping off!

That's great that you are going to take a mini vaction with your friend. It all sounds so wonderful, and I don't know what I would love more, the hotel with all the pampering treatments, or seeing the Grand Canyon. Daren and I went there on our Honeymoon and I will never get over how breathtaking it is!

Good for you for signing up for that walk in aid of breast cancer. It's such a good cause, and you get great exercise at the same time, you can't go wrong

LAnne - That's wonderful that you too have signed up for a charity walk especially as not so long ago you wouldn't have been able to manage it I hope you get lots of sponsors

Brenda - that can't have been a lot of old junk considering you made $300 for it all I hope you buy yourself some nice new clothes or something with it

Shame you never got your foot rub, I hope you have had it by now. How thrilled was hubby about the tickets??

Patti - thank goodness you are feeling well today and by the sounds of it, full of energy I hope you have a great week with no more allergies to bring you down

Annie - you are right, there's nothing like looking out at the yard and seeing it look really neat and tidy, there's also a lovely feeling of achievement to know I helped this time around too!

That Skywalk you mentioned at the Grand Canyon wasn't there when I was there with Daren. I would LOVE to have gone on it, but no way would Daren have done it NOW we definitely have to go back so I can have a go!!

and for your WI today, NOT that you'll need it. You'll be filling that charm bracelet before you know it

Nancy - what a shame that the apartment hunting is turning out to be such a chore. Well try to keep positive and look forward to how great it will feel when you do finally find the 'perfect' place.

I'm sorry you've not been feeling too great lately, but that just means my and for you are even bigger seeing as you went into that bakery and ended up not buying anything Now that's determination and a whole heap of

Jill - great to hear you had a good weekend OP wise, sorry you had a bad night last night though. Any idea why you couldn't sleep? I hope you won't be too worn out in work today.

Em - that's great that you are going to make your exercise goal. I made mine by the skin of my teeth, too many missed trips to the gym

Sorry you had a gain, but it was only small, and I think you kind of expected it. I am sure you'll lose it again quick smart

I love your attitude about not being a slim nurse (YET) and you are so right that at least bigger patients will feel more comfortable with you because they know you understand where they are coming from. That's amazing that in such a short space of time your 3 years nursing course will be finished. I bet you thought the time would never come Do you have a placement lined up for working after that?

Heather - sorry you had such a bad night, and that you have gained some weight. You'll lose it again no probs

Peggy - root canal work sucks, so I shall be keeping my that you won't need it to be done.

Well done on the 2 lbs loss on Friday it won't be long until you are in Twotown

Lesley - you did it, you have left the 300s and are in Twotown Onwards and downwards

Sharon - hope to catch you on MSN tonight, hope you are having a great day and it's as sunny there as it is here.

Ok even though I don't need to exercise today as I have met my April goal, I am being good and am off to still do it I'll be back later though.

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 04-30-2007, 09:13 AM   #10  
Trying Intuitive Eating

S/C/G: 430/ticker/138

Height: 5'5.5

Yaaaay Lit Chick! That's a big, exciting switchover into the 2's. I CANNOT WAIT FOR MINE. Do we have an equivilant nickname for the 2's like we do for Onederland? If not, I nominate Two-ntowne. Congrats on moving into Two-ntowne!
Old 04-30-2007, 09:20 AM   #11  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetaChick View Post
Yaaaay Lit Chick! That's a big, exciting switchover into the 2's. I CANNOT WAIT FOR MINE. Do we have an equivilant nickname for the 2's like we do for Onederland? If not, I nominate Two-ntowne. Congrats on moving into Two-ntowne!
I believe I have seen the term "Two-terville" tassed around...then again, I could be completely making that up
Old 04-30-2007, 09:25 AM   #12  
Trying Intuitive Eating

Well...you live there...so you should know! Check and fill us in when you pick up your mail today....
Old 04-30-2007, 09:33 AM   #13  
Trying Intuitive Eating

Wyllenn...I am very much hoping to have the kind of success you've had and always read your posts about learning to maintain even when you feel you're struggling a little with a great deal of interest. When you have time I'd love to hear a little more about what form that struggling has taken for you. Is it a matter of just getting a little weary of the full mental and physical commitment of 'weight loss mode', maybe old habits creeping back in? I am still full steam ahead, but I know from the past that the experience of lost weight and a changing body *will* morph as the process continues. I want to be ready for everything.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:40 AM   #14  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Morning girls!
Well, last night I lost my control. Honey and I ate a bag of potato chips. The whole big bag between us and I had already had a fast food burger earlier that day.

Anyhow, back in control today. I need to drink about 20 litres of water before I can get flush all this salt out of my system. I am puffed up like a balloon.

I forgot to tell you my exciting news. I had a phone call from a family friend of steve's mom. She asked me if I was interested in being the photographer for her daughters wedding. My first PAID photography job!!! It is in June and I am super excited!

Anyway, busy week for me at work. Hoping I can keep things under control as far as food is concerned. I find it a lot easier during the week to stay on track although I can't wait to be off for the summer.

Gotta run and get ready for work etc. Have a great day!
Brenda
Old 04-30-2007, 10:42 AM   #15  

Ammie i was fuill of energy but i am winding down now... i will do some more housework later when it cools down!
Closed Thread