Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-29-2007, 03:16 AM   #1  

Height: 5'6 or 168 cm / 240 pounds or 109 kg

Default Can you visualize yourself thin?

I have read somewhere that if you can visualize yourself tin than you will get thin. I think that is true. Its very important how do you feel during visualizing....If you don’t feel well than you will sabotage yourself because of some reason. And if you can really see yourself tin that you will have enough power to do it.

What do you think is that true? I would like to here some comments from «losers» - do they think that is true? And for others- Can you visualize you self? What do you see?

I must say that I think that is true. I could never see myself tin and I was sabotaging myself all the time. I was unhappy about myself and thought nobody loves me. I still think that  but I don’t care no more. Now I am starting to «see» myself tin. I see myself wearing light summer skirt on flowers, having bear feet darkened from sun. And some plain, caloric T-shirt, but not for man, but for women T-****.

I did not loose anything really but I think I will this time. But now I can really imagine myself being normal (?). It would be so plain but so sexy for me.
funnygirl33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 04:49 AM   #2  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5½

Well, I CAN visualise myself thin, or rather, at a healthy weight I'm comfortable at, because I WAS there before and maintained it for almost 3 years.

In fact I am always shocked when I see photos of myself now, because I still actually have it in my head that I'm 70KG! It is indeed shocking when in reality I'm 94KG!

Visualising is a good tool ~ it's certainly better than being negative about yourself and thinking "I'm fat/ugly/sloppy/disgusting" etc.
PinkyPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 06:18 AM   #3  
Wow...It knows my name...

S/C/G: 205/184/140

Height: 5'5"

I can't actually visualise myself thin... BUT I can visualise that "thin-ness" makes me happy, and I can visualise that happiness so well it puts a smile on my face.
seranab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 07:26 AM   #4  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

If visualizing yourself thin will help you to get thin, well then I say visualize away!!!

I do think it's extremely important to have a good food and exercise plan in place, but I can definitely see where thinking positive and looking forward to the end result is a great motivator and will help you to stay on plan. Good luck.

Last edited by rockinrobin; 04-29-2007 at 09:50 AM.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 08:16 AM   #5  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

If you can visualize it, you can do it! But action must be taken. Even one of the teachers in "The Secret" points out that if you are about to be bankrupt and all you do is think positive thoughts, you'll be out on the curb.

The important thing is to be free from the negative thoughts--"I can't" "I will fail" "I'm always going to be fat." Those thoughts undermine positive actions. Instead replace them with "I can" "I'll succeed" "I am happy to be so thin and healthy."

Personally, I tend to think of myself as thinner than I am, because I was not always this heavy. So my reality check is to look in the mirror and get on the scale. And then I keep going! I think those positive thoughts. "I am so grateful now that I am healthy and a normal weight."

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 09:09 AM   #6  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Nope. I can't picture myself thin AT ALL. I have not been a normal weight since about age 4, so I have NO IDEA what it will look/feel like. I fear "visualizing" might even get me into trouble because, of course, when I "visualize," I see a "normal" thin person, not one with lots of stretch marks and hanging loose skin, which I will have when I'm done. I don't want to be disappointed when I reach my goal and still don't look as I might have visualized.
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 09:46 AM   #7  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I can't really visualize it either but I do think positive thoughts and I don't let myself think negative thoughts about myself. I do see how my body is shaping up in that my muscles and bones are starting to pop out and my body is slimming itself overall.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 09:49 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 150/145/115

Height: 5foot2

i like to visualise myself thin i found this weird little thing on prevention.com that shows kinda what you might look like when you reach you goal i dont have the link right now but if you go on the prevention website i think its near the bottom of the homepage. I always visualise the skinny clare when i feel like giving in to temptation
mascara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 10:40 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 196/159.6/150

Height: 5'7.5"

I honestly can't imagine myself "thin." I have some pictures that were taken when I was around 140, but that was a long time ago so I can easily tell myself that it's not really me. It's also so much easier to look at the pictures of me at 200 pounds and still feel like I am there... I wonder why it's so much easier to align ourselves with negatives than positives?
maegdaeien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 07:19 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 171/168/135

Height: 5'5ish

I can't visualize myself thin cause my dad is pretty muscular and my mom is a pretty regular sized woman. I can however see myself healthy and lean.. with some muscle definition going on. I can't wait to look like that for the summer.. I really can't.!!
gonnabelean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 07:52 PM   #11  
Liz

S/C/G: 307/ticker/130

Height: 5'2

I can't visualize myself thin, but I can visualize what it would be like to put on size 8 jeans.. That's my dream...
Holdensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 11:14 PM   #12  

I don't expect that I will ever be "thin", but I don't really want to be. I like my body with some curves. At my leanest, I was 141lbs of lean muscle. My legs were amazing. If I could get those legs back, I could live with 150lbs and a bit of a post-pregnancy belly.

But, yeah. I remember myself being fit and healthy. I ran across a black leather miniskirt that looks *so* tiny that I can't believe I wore it. And then I remembered that was actually *big* on me and sat down on my hips. Argh!

I'm done being overweight. I'm moving on. I don't expect to be back at this weight ever again. And I'm throwing out my clothes as soon as they get too big to make sure of it.
rachinma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 11:32 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

I don't think it is necessarly true. It might help some people stay on track because they can picture their goal however at least for me I can't see myself thin. I still think of myself as being 300 pounds even though I am 195. I still do a double take when I see myself in the mirror or when I see pictures of me. Some days I will stop and stare at myself in the mirror for a few minutes beause I am so amazed at how I look. I posted awhile back about this and someone (sorry I don't remember who) said it is hard to for your body to adjust drastic changes like this.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 11:48 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I've lost 120 pounds, gone from morbidly obese to merely "overweight" and am the smallest I've been in my adult life.

But I still can't visualize myself as thin.

So, for me at least, the lack of visualization has not stopped me from losing 120 pounds.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 09:59 AM   #15  
Smoochie's Girl

S/C/G: 262/170/140

Height: 5'8"

11 years ago, I lost over 100 lbs. I remember how that looked and how it felt. It's still fresh in my mind and I want THAT BACK and dang it-I'm gonna get it!
Janny O is offline   Reply With Quote