Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-26-2007, 08:47 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 147/144/120

Height: 5 '4

Default how?

what should i eat?? and what exercises should i do. im broke so i cant afford diet pills or south beach diet foods. how can i lose the cheap way?

mommy215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 08:52 AM   #2  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy215 View Post
what should i eat?? and what exercises should i do. im broke so i cant afford diet pills or south beach diet foods. how can i lose the cheap way?

Forget diet pills, they're not good for you anyway. And you don't need to spend money on diet foods. The best thing to do is eat less, move more and watch your calories. And READ READ READ. These boards are a sea of wonderful information.
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 08:58 AM   #3  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

You don't need diet pills or supplements or any of that stuff to lose weight. Or a gym. For exercise, nothing IMO, beats good old walking to start out with. You can buy a very inexpensive resistance band for some strength training exercise as well. Or use some canned foods for weights.

Foodwise, look around your grocery store and see what's on sale. Strawberries are in abundance now and very inexpensive. Makes a great snack. See which veggies are less expensive each week and use them in salads, stir frys and the such. When there's a sale on chicken breasts - stock up, wrap individually and freeze them. Canned tuna fish is a great inexpensive protein that often goes on sale. Oatmeal makes a great breakfast and is inexpensive. Eggs are another great option. Beans are inexpensive. Low fat cottage cheese, fat free yogurt. There are usually different brands on sale each week. Shop around and choose healthy items. You can DEFINITELY do weightloss on a low budget.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 09:34 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 152/140/130

Height: 5'5"

It doesn't need to cost you a cent. In fact, a lot of weight loss concerns things you DON'T buy - fast food, frequent restaurant dinners, booze, candy, chips, pop, take-out pizza, etc. I don't buy any special foods - just try to buy healthy staples, and minimize the processed stuff. If anything, I bet a lot of people would say it costs them less to eat while losing weight, because they are eating significantly less then they used to. I have an elliptical, but am also a big fan of walking. You can also ride a bike for free (if you have one), go hiking, heck, do some gardening, heavy cleaning etc.
Janie Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 09:39 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Plain old grocery store foods and walking ... yup, that'll do it.
Have a look at the Whole Foods threads. Check out other posters fitday links ... you'll get lots of good ideas what folks eat ... frugally.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 09:40 AM   #6  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Losing weight and eating better can actually cost you less

Eat smaller portions, eat fresh fruits and vegetables that are on sale, buy whole grains in bulk as well as legumes.

You can do walking and also there are a lot of body weight exercises you can do such as pushups, squats, lunges, etc.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 01:19 PM   #7  
Once more, with feeling!

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

Quote:
For exercise, nothing IMO, beats good old walking to start out with.
Definately. From your avatar, I'm assuming you have a new baby. I know my goddaughter (6 months) LOVES to be pushed in her stroller. The fresh air is good and it's so pretty this time of year. Plus pushing a stroller burns more calories! Win, win.
KnitALisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 01:31 PM   #8  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Can't add much more than what these wonderful ladies have told you except use your library. I've been renting different workout dvds. I found a program I liked and bought some of them. However, I want to try others without buying them. The library has been a great source for me.

While I can probably afford the SBD, Jenny Craig, etc. foods, I choose not to do so. I choose to work my own foods around to fit my eating habits. Susan B is right, check out others FitDays. I notice you have one. Use it.

That baby is precious.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote