Old 04-24-2007, 10:33 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 229/SeeTicker/155

Height: 5' 9"

Default The New Beginning Thread ... Come With Me!

Hi ladies ,

I've been here on and off with 3FC for a few years. Posting here helped me lose about 50 lbs. a couple of years ago, but I've gained 3/4 of that back.

I would love to chat daily with some ladies who are feeling about as desperate as I am. This extra weight is making me feel LOUSY ; I have a real fat tummy/acid reflux issue that I have to get rid of! My body is screaming for exercise ... in my early sixties, and so stiff and feeling not very attractive!

I am very serious here. I am going to do this ... at least a pound a week off, hopefully more. We can all do that! I don't mind if it's slow ... if I'm 52 lbs. lighter a year from now, I'll be ecstatic!

I will eat less than 1500 calories a day, and exercise (walks, water workout, weight machines) as many days a week as I can. I have already started, walked the last two days.

If anyone wants to join me, we will have weigh-ins on Mondays, and do all we can to help each other along ... moral support, recipes, yadda yadda. (I live in the South but would be delighted to make new friends near and far!) Who would like to begin with me?

Olivia

Last edited by babenwaiting; 04-24-2007 at 10:41 PM.
babenwaiting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 10:46 PM   #2  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

Sure this sounds great

I want to get rid of my insane belly fat, but more importantly my BACK ROLLS. I think that gets me the most, seeing those rolls on my back.

52 pound should be cake LOL. Your diet plan sounds good, and similar to mine hehe so hopefully we will get it right huh!

What part of the South are you from?
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 11:24 PM   #3  
Day 1 back on plan...

S/C/G: 244/tickers/175

Count me in too. I really need to lose 50 pounds for health reasons...well more but that is the goal right now. I'm a southern girl. I don't really have a plan as of now I'm trying though. More friends for support would be wonderful and make sticking to the diet a little easier
Losing4another is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 11:42 PM   #4  
No more fake foods!

S/C/G: 190/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Count me in. I'm looking to lose about 60 pounds. But I want to do more than just lose weight. I want to be FIT. I want to walk up a flight of stairs and not even realize that I just did!
I know what you mean by feeling lousy. Being fat just makes me feel so bloated, inflexible, and like a giant balloon!

I'm all up for daily chat. Im on my computer a lot since I'm a college student, and it's basically my life. I also want to make some friends on here!
PurdueGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 12:09 AM   #5  
Chick working hard

S/C/G: 225/ticker/160

Height: 5'10"

Looks like we are all in the same boat...how do we want to go about this plan. I've started on Sunday and I have kept a food log and have done some sort of cardio/exercise each day and eaten less than 1500 calories each day. Weighing Monday's sounds good to me.
gotworktodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 12:26 AM   #6  

Hi everybody!
Count me in... I've been looking for a support group for awhile and I'd love to join all of you. I have more like 100 pounds to lose but hopefully I can just keep the small goals in sight and not get discouraged by the bigger one. I'm going to start walking again tomorrow and today I bought a mat for pilates. I think I'll do the pilates 3x a week and walk 3-5. That's my starting goal. I need to start taking care of myself so I will have to remember my vitamins too. Anyone know of some good vitamins to take?
Good luck ladies!
sugarbaby269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 12:35 AM   #7  

Default Wow, what a great response so far!!!

Ladies, thanks to all of you for jumping aboard with me. How will we do this? Well, how about we all commit to REALLY trying to lose one pound per week, then anything over that is GRAVY! I am starting at 223, and will be pleased if I weigh 222 next Monday. We KNOW we can do that. I will make a chart with all our names and losses, once we all weigh next Monday, if you like.

The most important day for us all to be here is Monday ... but drop in to chat any day about anything you feel like! Just coming here and finding a friend will frequently keep you out of the kitchen, and you realize you're not struggling alone, right?

Follow whatever plan you like (I'm calorie-counting, heavy on the protein), and plan to exercise at least four days a week, doing SOMETHING. I hope you will all post your plans so others may benefit. If you have favorite recipes or foods that really help you stay on plan, feel free to post about it!

Have a wonderful evening, all, and a big welcome to The New Beginning Thread.
Old 04-25-2007, 12:41 AM   #8  

Yay! A response! Lol. Sorry, but a couple of weeks ago I posted and didn't really get any response. This is great! I'm not sure what diet to do. I will watch calories and up the protien and down the carbs. There are so many diets out there I don't know which one to do. I think that's my biggest hold up. The "one more bowl of pasta" or one more mocha" isn't cuttting it for me. I'm looking forward to focusing on getting this thing going. Thanks for the welcome babenwaiting.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:34 AM   #9  
Day 1 back on plan...

sugarbaby~ Same here. I like WW but getting into the habit of writing everything down again is so hard. Keep having that one last pig out before I have to write everything down...not really getting anywhere with that though Low carb works great too but I seem to always mess up with that one piece of bread or sugar and down I go. Maybe i could do a little of both and stick to it.

babenwaiting~ Thanks for starting the thread...I think we are feeling like were not in it alone with this new beginning for everyone. I'm excited... lets lose some pounds
Old 04-25-2007, 09:41 AM   #10  

Good morning ladies ...

Happy Wednesday, and it's our first day together as a group! So we're six to start, and maybe others will join in.

A thought for today: I know that a pound per week goal, in the beginning, is SO SLOW to some of you, but that's just a basic-to-try-for figure ... if you eat 1200 to 1800 calories per day (depending on your weight), of course, you will lose more per week at first. All of a sudden, you'll have been with The New Beginning a month, and probably AT LEAST four lbs. will be gone permanently that won't be back!

I would encourage you all to write those calories/foods down, every morsel, and I find it's so much easier for me and keeps me *honest.* As to what plan you will follow, for myself, I find that I lose faster on a higher-protein plan (studies confirm that), and I feel more satisfied. Like yesterday, I had three ounces of cheese overall, a five ounce burger; along with other foods, my calories were in the 1400 cal. range. Whatever plan works for you is great ... that's the formula that I like best for *moi.*

Sugarbaby, I take a national brand of multi-vitamin. According to Consumer Reports, they're basically all the same so just buy a name brand you recognize (just don't get them at the Dollar Store, right? ... ) By the way, your exercise plan sounds great!

PurdueGal, you're so right about wanting to FEEL WELL in addition to looking good. So true for an older woman like myself ... and if you can form good habits in college, you will be in much better shape as you age!

Losing, Sock, GotWork ... it is so great that you're all aboard. I look forward to hearing how you're doing, and to all of us getting this first week under our belts (that are going to get smaller! ) Now to my THIRD day of exercise ... a long walk!

Olivia

Last edited by babenwaiting; 04-25-2007 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Mis-stated what I meant the first time!
Old 04-25-2007, 02:09 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 186/172/130

Height: 5.0

Default count me in too!

i have 56 pounds to lose. I am eating about 1400 cals and frankly can't see myself going much lower right now. I am always wanting to eat. this week my goal was to add aerobic exercise to my program. next week or the following i want to add weights. i did body for life program a few years ago and lost 25lbs in the 12 weeks, so i will probably add that to my workout shortly.
looking forward to joining a thread that moves lol!
sugar baby: i joined a vacation challenge thread and it just isn't much moving. oh well. hopefully this one will!
as for losing one pound a week, well, i'm not committing to that one lol. so far this weight is just not coming off. I've been counting calories faithfully for about a month and i've lost 4 pounds. This week i added exercise, so we'll see how it goes. for now, my mini goal is just to finally get out of the 180's. i've got 2.4 lbs to get to 179.

hugs
tracyg

Last edited by tracyg40; 04-25-2007 at 02:15 PM. Reason: adding
tracyg40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 02:51 PM   #12  

Hey there tracyg ... so happy to have you with us on this journey. Now we are SEVEN! I went back to edit what I said this morning about losing a lb. a week (it sounded as though it was unacceptable if you didn't lose at least that much ... NOT!) This weight-loss game is so crazy ... one week it will be three lbs., next week NONE! I know from experience that if I keep the calories down, gradually my body adjusts and it does come off but it sure can take weeks and weeks! I've found in the past that it's easy for me to lose one lb. per week ON AVERAGE if I'm good, not that I lost one lb. per week ON SCHEDULE. Good luck with your plan, Tracy. I intend this thread to be here because I for one am VERY SERIOUS this time. (That's me, mad at the fat!!! )

I did my third day of aerobic (good brisk 35 min. walk) exercise today, so that's good. My body doesn't know what's happening to it, I'll bet!

Hope to hear from more of you girls later ... again, welcome, Tracy and to ALL!
Old 04-25-2007, 08:31 PM   #13  

Hi everybody,

Just thought I'd stop in and say that I put some good exercise in today. The dieting didn't go the way that I wanted it to but hopefully tomorrow. I need a better plan. I almost have to have things all lined up in order to suceed with a diet plan. I went and picked up a new non-stick pan for healthier meals and a kitchen scale so that I can get a better estimate on portion sizes. I think many of us fail to recognize a real portion size, at least I do!
A one pound a week loss sounds like an easy goal to achieve. I know with adding more activity to my day and watching those carbs and sugars...aaack, it's a sure loss. It's all in the mind frame. That's the toughie.
babenwaiting: I have stomach fat that needs to melt off too!! It seems impossible for me but a couple of months ago when I was walking/going to gym things were alot more toned. (How does stomach flab take on toned?) Ok... so it wasn't quite as jiggly.. BUT I gave up too soon. So, I'm in. Don't forget to drink your water. I heard that it helps process the wastes and toxins in your body and that helps flush out the fat. Thanks for the multi -vit. tip. I'll pick some up at Coscto next time I go.
Just want to say HI and CHEERS to everyone: PurdueGal, Losing4another, sockmonkey70, gotworktodo, (I do too) and Tracyg and lots of to us all!
Old 04-25-2007, 10:28 PM   #14  
Day 1 back on plan...

How did everyone do today?
Dinner was my weakness today...who am I kidding it's everyday. I do good all day then dinner throws the whole day off. I will win this fight and yes I agree it's all a mind thing ....if your will power stays strong the pounds KEEP coming off.
We can do this ladies.. for staying strong tomorrow
Old 04-25-2007, 11:07 PM   #15  

Hey ladies ... a late check-in here before I head for the bedroom with a book, and AWAY from the kitchen. If I stay near it late at night, it CALLS to me!

So good to see you here, Sugarbaby and Losing! Sugarbaby, I find that I have to plan a few days ahead with the food, make sure I have it in the house, make sure I get rid of the things I SHOULDN'T eat (like the Easter jelly beans ... better they go in the garbage than on my butt!) The kitchen scale is great to have ... I use mine everyday, and find it a big help. About the tummy fat, the only way I get that off is to lose weight, I know, and the best exercise for losing fat all over is the aerobic. I'm sure we are more toned when we've been *moving* on a program. I was in such better shape a couple of years ago when I was exercising about four days a week! And lady, we will get there again!!!

Losing, I KNOW you can do it. Plan a dinner that's moderate in calories but something you really like, and have lots of filling salad, low-cal veggies, etc. as part of it. Drink LOTS of water or no-cal drinks to fill you up. Tonight I had 5 oz. of steak, Portabella mushrooms sliced and sauteed in Pam olive oil spray and a teaspoon of butter, a HUGE salad with low-cal blue cheese dressing and balsamic vinegar, and half a plain baked potato (that I dipped in my salad dressing. ) For dessert, I had 4 huge fresh strawberries and a 100-cal. pack of little Lorna Doon cookie chips with coffee.

How did my day go? Calories 1400 range; and I did my walk. So I am patting my back vigorously! I know we can all do it ... have a great day tomorrow, ladies! I'm pulling for you all ...