Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-23-2007, 09:34 PM   #1  
Buttermom

S/C/G: 220/205/165

Height: 5.4

Default What is ur ok cheat???

We all need a allowed cheat!!! we need to know that we can have just a little of something and not take advantage of it!!! My ok cheat is a fun size snickers maybe 1 every 2 weeks or so i love snickers yum yum it seriously takes me like the whole day to eat it though ha ha i take nibbles here and there... so what do u allow urself to have every now and then please share

this should be interesting!!!!!

Marie
buttermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 09:38 PM   #2  
Is on an Infinite Cut

S/C/G: 165/152/140

Height: 5'4

I like to cheat one day a week.. I think it keeps me honest But this weekend, my fiancee and I had fondue. chocolate with strawberries, marshmellows and banana.. OOHHH GODDDD it was soooo awesome. You know.. I like sugar free dark chocolate better than regular dark chocolate. I see no point in sugar in chocolate now days Also I cant do milk chocolate anymore.. too sweet lol.. who knew right
Ready2ShedLBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 09:46 PM   #3  
Buttermom

S/C/G: 220/205/165

Height: 5.4

wow that whole fondue sounds sooooo good !!! sounds kinda romantic too im going to have to try that sometime!!!

wait my husband dosnet like sweets like at all (hes a freak i know ha ha ) but maybe he can make it for me !!

marie
buttermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 09:50 PM   #4  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

I don't look at it as cheating, but keeping it in moderation. I don't have specific days, or items, or amounts. I just know what I've eaten in a day and whether or not I can really allow for something I want. If I didn't save room for it, I try to compromise. Like, instead of the Boston Cream donut, a small piece of dark chocolate will help with the sweet and chocolate cravings.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 09:51 PM   #5  
Is on an Infinite Cut

yeah or you could do cheese.. lol its not chocolate but its still indulgent My fiancee was like.. " lets share a dessert later" I was like ok.. hmm he wanted a oreo fudge shake thingy and I was like lets do fondue with s.f. chocolate, and fruit and he was like *yeah* lol I think I might have saved some calories.. I cant be sure though
Old 04-23-2007, 10:05 PM   #6  
Resident Witchling

S/C/G: 198/190/140

Height: 5'7"

I budget calories one day every weekend, either Sat or Sun morning, for a 16 oz white mocha made with lowfat milk from my favorite coffee shop. Because a life without mochas is a life not worth living. And I figure once a week is a good amount. Not sure it's a *cheat*, since I know upfront that I get that once per week and bargain my calories around it, but...
Nikaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 10:07 PM   #7  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

I'm with almostheaven. Nothing is cheating--I don't think that way, 'cause who am I cheating? Everything counts. Like almostheaven, I know what I've been eating and whether I can have a food or not.

One treat food that I sometimes have the calories for is Ghirardelli 60% cocoa chocolate chips. 16 chips is 80 calories, and they provide a little bit of sweet (8 grams carbs--about equivalent to 2 teaspoons sugar) and really good quality chocolate. And, because I'm not a real chocoholic, I can stop with 16.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 10:17 PM   #8  
Is on an Infinite Cut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikaia View Post
I budget calories one day every weekend, either Sat or Sun morning, for a 16 oz white mocha made with lowfat milk from my favorite coffee shop. Because a life without mochas is a life not worth living. And I figure once a week is a good amount. Not sure it's a *cheat*, since I know upfront that I get that once per week and bargain my calories around it, but...
I was so stoked when over the weekend I was in Barnes and Noble and the starbucks was like.. DeeeeeeeJaaayyyyyy you *know* you want me. So I got a 16oz n.f. mocha with NO whipped cream it was only 220calories.. HELLO! haha.. I was like heck yeah. In my mind I had totally guesstimated 400 cals
Old 04-23-2007, 10:42 PM   #9  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Honestly, I don't really have any "cheats" but I do have flexibility to allow myself things once in a while that I wouldn't otherwise have. I allow myself to eat out once a week, although I'm careful when I do. I think limiting my eating out to once a week helps give me a "treat" while also being in control when I do so.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 10:54 PM   #10  
Resident Witchling

S/C/G: 198/190/140

Quote:
I was so stoked when over the weekend I was in Barnes and Noble and the starbucks was like.. DeeeeeeeJaaayyyyyy you *know* you want me. So I got a 16oz n.f. mocha with NO whipped cream it was only 220calories.. HELLO! haha.. I was like heck yeah. In my mind I had totally guesstimated 400 cals
It probably would have been, if you'd gotten it "normal". The whipped cream and full-fat milk pack on the calories pretty darn quickly. I can't quite bring myself to go to skim milk - I don't ever use skim at home, the stuff is like translucent-opaque water with little taste, why would I water down my mocha that way? - but I'll compromise with lowfat.

For comparison, here's the nutritional info on a 16 oz mocha "normal" (w/whip and whole milk):
Quote:
Serving Size 16 fl. oz.

Amt Per Serving
Calories 400
Fat Calories 200
Total Fat (g) 22
Saturated Fat (g) 13
Trans Fat (g) 0.5
Cholesterol (mg) 80
Sodium (mg) 160
Total Carbohydrates (g) 42
Fiber (g) 2
Sugars (g) 33
Protein (g) 13
And here's the same info for a 16 oz mocha, fat-free (they don't show lowfat on the website, dammit) with no whip:

Quote:
Serving Size 16 fl. oz.

Amt Per Serving
Calories 220
Fat Calories 20
Total Fat (g) 2
Saturated Fat (g) 0
Trans Fat (g) 0
Cholesterol (mg) <5
Sodium (mg) 160
Total Carbohydrates (g) 42
Fiber (g) 2
Sugars (g) 32
Protein (g) 14
Nikaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 11:03 PM   #11  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

I have to agree with almostheaven, JayEll and Nelie - I don't really 'cheat'... everything that goes in must be counted. That being said, I don't deprive myself of anything at all - but if I have used all my calories, something like the cheesecake slice or the chocolate pudding can absolutely wait until the next day!

Heather
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 08:21 AM   #12  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEll View Post
One treat food that I sometimes have the calories for is Ghirardelli 60% cocoa chocolate chips.
Mmmmmmmmmmmm Ghirardelli (Said in my best Homer Simpson voice over).
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 08:57 AM   #13  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

I don't think of it as cheating either! I fit it into my day. I have a leader at WW who calls it her "90/10 rule". If you eat healthy foods 90% of the time and not-so-healthy foods the other 10%, you can live with that right? It sure is acceptable to me So I try to eat lots of whole, natural foods most of the time and every once in a while I will fit in some ice cream or chocolate kisses. I always fit them into my plan though, so I never think of it as cheating!
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 09:12 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

I also agree that I don't cheat-and I follow the 90/10 rule as well. I usually eat about 1500 calories a day, so I allow UP TO 150 calories for treat type stuff-and the rest as clean as possible. Yesterday, I had chocolate protein powder in pudding form, with a tablespoon of Cool Whip Lite. The protein wasn't actually a cheat-but the 20 calories of Cool Whip made it seem like it.

Some days I will go out to a restaurant, but I be careful on what to order, and consider that my "treat" for the day. Every now and then if DH and the kids want a fast food place, then I will get a veggie burger from Burger King, or a Fruit and Yogurt Parfait if they go to McDonalds or something-and I savor it.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 09:14 AM   #15  

unsweetened chocolate, I place a square in the microwave and then put some sugar free syrup on it.... ummm it taste like cheating.
carolva77 is offline   Reply With Quote