Old 04-23-2007, 04:47 PM   #1  
beachbum

Default Weekly Chat 4/23 to 4/29

Hi I haven't been to the board this morning as I wasn't feeling well.but now I noticed that they was no thread to come to.

Even if I was feeling well we managed to go down to the beach and get some walking done. It was very windy down there so we didn't stay that long.

Will post tomorrow morning when I feeling better

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 06:41 PM   #2  
Chick working hard

S/C/G: 225/ticker/160

Height: 5'10"

This week I have begun counting calories and have been working to keep a log of the calories and this is a big step for me. I am limiting myself to 1500 which seemed insane at first but I know that logging my meals has really helped me keep track. I keep the journal in my book and I will also be logging my exercise in this as well. Something that has been helping it click in my mind also is that instead of adding up the calories, I have been subtracting them from 1500 so that I know how much I have to "budget" myself for each meal depending on what I have for breakfast. It's been keeping my mind off of mindless eating today too which I find profoundly encouraging...has anything else been working for anyone?
gotworktodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 07:36 PM   #3  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

BB, hope you feel better soon. WTG on getting in the walk on the beach.

gotworktodo, I wish I had more encouraging news. I switched to counting calories after 6 months of maintenance from Atkins. Currently my wt. is up and I've now changed my ticker. I'm working very hard to get back to my goal range of 142-147. I know that Counting Calories should work for me, I just got a little too lax and am trying to nip it in the bud. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't the program didn't work, it was that I was feeling too free with all the food choices and overdid it. I still think that I am carb sensitive, so trying to stay more to protein, veggies and fruits and leave the highest carb foods alone. I've now renewed my exercise efforts after sitting on my butt for about 10 days.

As for my calorie counting, I do great throughout the day and end up overeating late of the evening. I'm currently eating only 1000-1200 calories daily to try to take off these extra 5 lbs. Once they are off, I'll go back to my normal 1500 cal's.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 08:54 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 187/187/145

Height: 5'03

Hello all!!!!! I am happy to say I have been on Atkins for 8 days and I am down 7 lbs!!!! I haven't added alot of exercise in. Just 45 min walks 3 times last week. This evening I got out in the yard and did some work. I am slowly working the exercise in. I figured when I lose the weight I want to, I am going to go to the weight watchers core plan. It is kind of the protein weight watchers plan. You do get an occasional treat though. So I can stay on track. Man I know it is hard to stay on track. Hey lilybelle, at least you got on track without letting it go to far. I saw your before and after pictures and you do look great!! Anyway you guys have a great night. I will talk to ya soon!!! -Paula
pacemomof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 05:27 AM   #5  
Still Fighting

S/C/G: 284/281/270

Morning everyone! I am down three more pounds today!!Whoohooo!! i will be at my first goal in 1 more pound....
I have been visiting with my mom, she came out of the blue and we have had such a good time.
My grandson is doing much better now that he is on seizure medecation, he is alert, smiling and his old self. I am a little concerned about developmental delays, but for now, he is doing fine
Had a little too much extra food last nite, it was on plan, but extra.
I had pork ribs, coleslaw and apprx. 1/4 cup blackeyed peas. But i also had lowcarb cheesecake and cheese with meat. i was too full, i had also skipped brekfast yesterday so i guess i was subconsously trying to "catch up" lol.
Today i have grilled chicken thighs and celery with ranch for lunch..and a whole lot of meat to cook for dinner. hubby went kinda overboard...but itsokay..have a great day all!!

Jae

pace - WTG on the seven pounds and the yardwork !. I am also easing in to yardwork to begin my exercise regimin.

lilybelle - for the struggle, it can be difficult. Sounds like you have a good plan, WTG.

gotworktodo - good job in finding what works for you..keeping a food log on fitday works for me as does keeping a variety of on plan foods.

BB - that sounds heavnly, walking on the beach! sorry you are not feeling well..hope it gets better
jaesueray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 10:47 AM   #6  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Im here........but not op very well. Things are crazy around here. We may be opening up our own shop by the first of june!! Keep your good thoughts for us, and your fingers crossed
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 11:45 AM   #7  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Feeling better today,don't know what it was.Going to play canasta with my friends this afternoon.Didn't have time to go down to the beach to get my walking done,but I will rely on my trusty bike when I get back.

Got Work-Thats the only way to keep on track. I use a food journal to record my food intake and also long in my exercise routes. Do you use fit day to record your calories?????????????

Lily-Thanks for the well wishes and the congrats for walking along the beach. Now that the weather is warmer I like to go down there as much as possible.So you're saying not to count calories,when on this program. I count them using the WW point system. I currently on the 1100-1300 calorie range.I don't think I could go up to 1500 cal as that would be 30 pts on WW. I also count carbs,I'm, at the 30-35 gram range. I still playing with the carbs as they fluctuate every week.

Pace-Big congrats on your 7 lb weight loss. WTG. The only thing I used from WW is there point range. I didn't like or know what the core program was all about.

Jae-Thats fantastic. Gee people are losing left & right on this Atkins board, I hoping for a whooosh also. Hope it comes soon. Bigs Congrats Jae on making you first goal.

Robin-Wishing & crossing my fingers you the best in your low carb program & in your new shop.

Have a good one

Hugs BB
Old 04-24-2007, 12:08 PM   #8  
lilybelle

Paula and Jae, thanks very much for the support.

BB, do count calories or points or just carbs or whatever works for you. While I was on Atkins, all I counted was carbs basically. I did check my calories a few times and was eating about 2200 cals/day with Atkins. For some strange reason with calorie counting alone (and high carbs), anything over 1600 causes me to gain. I reallly don't believe the calorie in vs. calorie out theory. Of course it should work that way and for MOST people it probably does. I think maybe with my poorly functioning liver and Insulin Resistance that Lower Carb works best. However, I do think there are Many, Many people who could lose wt. easier if they kept their carbs lower and still get to enjoy having MORE food than with calorie counting alone. JMHO. I hope that makes sense.

I'm totally happy to say that my new plan is working and I'm down 2 of the lbs. that I had gained. I already feel thinner and so motivated to get back to my goal wt.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:58 AM   #9  
Still Fighting

S/C/G: 284/281/270

Hello to all!!

We begin our physical inventory today, 12hrs for the next 3 days, yuck! But, its necessary, so we push on! I am trying to remember to pack extra food for these long days. I dont want to be in a position to fail or fall off plan during this high stress time.

lillybelle - Congrats on the 2 pounds, thats awesome...

BB - Glad you are feeling better

Robin - The first step back on plan is being here with us ..congrats on the shop, you will have to tell us more about it..

Everyone have a good day!!
Jae
jaesueray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 11:45 AM   #10  
lilybelle

I'm happy to say that eating less and exercising is working. I'm back to 147 lbs. which is the top of my wt. goal range. I have been having some "head hunger" that's for sure. I keep getting up and going to do something else. LOL, I'm hiding from my kitchen.

I plan to go to the lake this afternoon where my sister and my best friend are camped with their DH's. We'll have a great time fishing.
Old 04-25-2007, 12:16 PM   #11  
beachbum

Good AtfernoonLadies

I'm feeling 100 % this morning, must be a bug that was trying to invade my body,buts it s gone. Some on on another board thinks I might have a inner ear infection.Never though of that. If it happens again,I will definatelly visit the doctors office.

Had a wonderful time at the Canasta Game,my partner and I lost by 2 pts.Don't know if anyone knows the game, we couldn't go out even if we had 4 canastas,in our meld.We had fun ,and that was the main idea.

Had my hair cut & styled,than took a walk along the beach. I'm so happy the winter :br: is finally behind us.

Lily-Thanks than thats what I will continue to do. count carbs & ww pts. Congrats on find a new plan that thats is working for you,and let you lose 2 lbs. WTG. Still have to look for my balance,as it changes from week to week. Have a great time fishing,hoe you catch some.

Jae-You'll never fail going in with a plan.Send you : vibes for the 12 hrs stressful moments.

Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 04-25-2007 at 02:12 PM.
Old 04-25-2007, 12:54 PM   #12  
lilybelle

BB, glad you are feeling better now.

We played canasta all the time when I was growing up. I liked it. We now play Phase 10 a lot. HaHa, I have whooped DH 3 nights in a row. LOL.
Old 04-25-2007, 05:21 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 187/187/145

Height: 5'03

Hey guys!!!! Hope everyone is doing great!! Jae congrats on your 3 lb. weight loss!!!! Lily, congrats to you as well for losing 2 lbs and getting back on track!!!! (that I know is hard!!) Beachbum, glad you are feeling better!!! I am doing well, but not wonderful, like I have been. The past 2 days have been very difficult for me. I have been like starving. I think it has to do with wonderful pms. I have been eating normally, but I have really been wanting sweets, like really bad. I have not given in. I am just trying to drink lots of water. (as always) I work in childcare. I have a class of 11 two yr. olds, so the stress level gets way on up there. It seems like we feed these kids like all the time. They have breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, then they have one more snack before they go home. I pass out cookies like crazy. Today I wanted a graham cracker so bad I could taste it! But didn't. Anyway guys, hope all is good, sorry about the ramblings, I just needed to vent about those children and all their darn snacks!!!! lol! Take care, -Paula
pacemomof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 01:09 AM   #14  
lilybelle

Paula, that would be rough passing all those snacks out and not eating them. I'm alone most every day, so it's easiest to stick to plan with no one here to feed but myself. I also have bad sweet cravings sometimes. Thank God for SF jello, I live on the stuff. LOL.

We went fishing this evening and caught a bunch of crappie. It was fun. We are going back to camp on Thurs. and Friday. On Saturday afternoon I take my DD for her hair appt. to get dolled up for prom.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:56 PM   #15  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Having problems with my computer again.When ever I want to go into my message boards the computer crashes. My dh doesn't think its the computer but VISTA doing it. We're having so many problems this this.Can't get a XP anymore all the new computers are VISTA. DH says that we should of gotten a MAC instead.

I feeling fine today was was able to walk along the beach. This afternoon I going to ride my bike for additional exercising. Like to get this ticker moving downward again. Stuck on this weight too long.

Lily-I love playing Canasta,its so much fun. Never heard of Phase 10,is it simuliar to Canasta???

Pace-Sometimes that happens to feel hungryfor sweets. My doctor told me the reason for craving sweets is due to low carbing.I still trying to find my carb balance,and I have been low carbing. since Aug 2006. Congrats for fighting off the craving.

Going for lunch

Hugs BB