Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 04-22-2007, 08:29 PM   #1  
Eternally Optimistic

S/C/G: 218/215/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Re-Committed

I feel like I do this a lot, but I fell seriously off of plan, and have recommitted as of today. I went to the gym for a bit over an hour (30 min elliptical plus weights), set up a Fitday account, and cleared the junk out of the house while replacing with better-for-me foods. I'm re-starting my weight ticker with today's weight as my "original" weight and am committing to losing 75 lbs (no "TRY TO LOSE" -- I'm going to do it!)

I also got a buy-one-get-one-free Mystic tan (UV-free spray tanning) to make myself feel just a shade or two better in my skin -- I live in FL, but am fair-skinned, so I don't spend a ton of time in the sun (hello sunburn)...however, I've been feeling "winter-white" over here, and chubby tan legs look slightly better on me than chubby doughy white ones.

I'm also committing to weighing once a week, on Sunday mornings. I've found that when I weigh daily, I get really happy when I see the weight drop down, and tend to think I can get complacent for a day or two, which turns into a week or two, and suddenly before I know it, I'm right back to where I was. So, once a week for me to help keep me from blowing the end of my weeks because "I've been good"!

I'm counting on dedication to pull me through where motivation hasn't. I need to lose this weight, and I'm committing myself to do so, effective immediately!

So that's my NSV today.
SunnyDazeFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 08:32 PM   #2  
Fighting Piano Butt!

S/C/G: 220/see ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

Great job Christine!!! You can do it.

I'm going to weigh in Monday mornings to keep my whole weekend on plan.
eusebius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 08:37 PM   #3  
Amanda

S/C/G: 272/272/180

Height: 5*9

I have been trying to lose weight for 3 years, since my son was born. I always weigh daily and do EXACTLY what you say, feel like i can slack for a couple of days. I also live in florida, and am white as a ghost. I loved the mystic tans. I got SO DEPRESSED trying on clothes today, i HAVE to start losing weight. Im not going to say i HOPE you do well, its I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT!
amandagudde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 06:39 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 7''

Good for you Christine! Best of luck with your journey!
finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 07:32 AM   #5  
Happiness is not a weight

Height: 5' 8"

Good for you Christine! I'm right there with you, re-committing to losing the extra weight that's been hanging around for too long. If you ever feel like you're falling off the bandwagon you can PM me and we'll stay on track together
smisen is offline   Reply With Quote