Old 04-22-2007, 08:46 AM   #1  

Default Week of 4/22

Hello all!

Yesterday was a GORGEOUS DAY here!! And a productive one. I ran to the stores and got groceries, got my son's glasses replaced (AGAIN), DH bought lumber for my chicken coop and his biodiesel project, we started working on my coop.

Chickens are really fun! These babies are starting to feather out so they have spiky little tails and wings. They are trying to use there wings, when they do man look out! The whip from one end of thier box to the other!

Elana-GREAT JOB ON YOUR LOSS!!
Donna I thought I said congrats on your loss as well, but I must have forgot... SUPER JOB ON YOUR LOSS!!

WAY TO GO GIRLS!!!!

Well I have some chickens to clean, as well as the rest of my entire house Have a fabulous weekend!!!
MistySeptember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 02:27 PM   #2  

It's been wonderful weather here (finally)--2 consecutive days--we all love it! Both kids are playing outside; my daughter's been riding her new bike all over the neighborhood w/some friends; I hiked with my son yesterday at a beautiful nature reservation.

Wow! Life is good. And a weight loss doesn't hurt either.

I was surprised to learn at my WW meeting today that the Core snacks list is more restrictive than I realized. The only acceptable dairy snack, for example, is ff milk. I had been eating ff yogurt as a snack and I really don't like to drink milk (maybe in a latte). Have to rethink my routine, I guess.

A good, healthy and OP week to everyone...
Elanajel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 04:43 PM   #3  

Elana, good job on your loss.
Misty, I bet those chicks are cute.
It has been gorgeous here too, 80 degrees both days, I walked yesterday to do some shopping, and will probably do the same here in just a little bit. Got my grocery shopping done last night, all but a few things I will pick up today.
Well, have a great week all!

Hugs,
Donna
eeyoredja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 06:57 AM   #4  

Good Morning all!

Elana-Weird I didn't know you couldn't just eat anything for a snack as long it was core. I can't do core, I can't have sugar free products. It's even making flex hard these days.

I had a HUGE wake up call on the this morning, ok two of the ...1) an all time high on the scale and 2) my sister gave me her clothe sthat were too big and the size 26 jeans don't fit I can barley breath, but they are the only pair I have to wear today!

Ughhh! Ok off to work. Have a great OP day!
Old 04-23-2007, 08:16 AM   #5  

I was surprised about the Core snacks too. I don't know why they changed the policy. For me, last week at least, Core was fantastic and I lost a lot of weight (dropping the bread and excess starch was a key to that, I expect). So I'm staying on it this week.

I can tell you that I won't be drinking 2 cups of milk a day, though. Bleah! I would end up feeling sick to my stomach! A serving of yogurt will be OK.

I ate oatmeal w/soy milk, sliced banana and applesauce for breakfast (in case anyone cares!)
Old 04-23-2007, 08:40 AM   #6  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Hi ladies, do you mind if I join in? I've been on the 3fc boards for a long time, but my normal "weekly" thread on the WW 20's and 30's group is starting to dwindle It was really warm here this weekend too. I got in lots of exercise and got a bunch of chores done. I feel like I had a 3 day weekend, I did so much! It was relaxing at the same time, though, so it was really nice. I have weigh in tonight and I'm expecting a good loss so I'm actually looking forward to it.

I do WW as well, but I do flex. I'd done WW before and had gone from 230lbs to 150lbs. Then I moved and was completely stressed with a new job and got married and started on a new medication and didn't like any of the leaders where I was and stopped going to WW. This all led to gaining back 70 of those 80 pounds I lost. Finally went back to WW and did flex because when I did it before, they didn't have a core plan and the points really worked for me. I'm halfway back to my goal and can't wait to get there! This time, I will still go to WW almost every week when I reach my goal to make sure that I stay there.
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 01:29 PM   #7  

Welcome! It's great to have someone new join. This group (which is wonderful, nice and supportive) has been awfully quiet lately.

I also did Flex when I first joined and it's what got me to goal and thru almost all of my Lifetime months. Lately I've needed to shake things up--was eating too much ice cream and not enough fresh veggies. I knew Core would help with that so I switched last week and will use it until the end of the month. Then I'll reassess. It worked like a charm last week and I got back to my target range right away.

Welcome and keep up the good work!
Old 04-23-2007, 06:11 PM   #8  

Hi all!

MODKITTN-WELCOME!! We're a pretty small group right now, so it's great to have you! The ladies here are super nice!

I had a great OP day. It was really har dthough, and dinner is still ahead. DS is miserable, so much to do around the house. But this weather is so GREAT! We were outside just about all day at the daycare. The kids had fun and crashed hard at naptime so that was nice. They finally got some of that energy out! I was going to grill for dinner, but it's gonna rain and we're out of charcoal.

Well off to clean the water and food in the chicken brooder. I decided to name them after first ladies : Mary, Martha, Dolly, Eliza, Anna Elenor (lady bird) and Claudia BIL isn't ready to take his 6 yet...I am hoping I don't end up with 12!
Old 04-23-2007, 08:12 PM   #9  

I had my weigh in tonight and was down 4.4! I skipped last week, so that is a 2 week loss there, not a 1 week loss I'm very happy about it still!!! Even went jogging/walking when I got back home.
Old 04-24-2007, 07:58 PM   #10  

GREAT JOB LORI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-24-2007, 08:15 PM   #11  

Great Loss, Lori! Hope I have a good weigh in on Saturday!
Hugs,
Donna
eeyoredja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 06:58 AM   #12  

GOOD MORNING!!

I had a good OP day yesterday, we even took a walk as a family I have a really busy weekend ahead, DD's b-day is Friday so we'll do cake and stuff at my MIL's house that night, Saturday we're going to Rochester to see Clifford the big red dog with my best friend and her daughter, then Sunday we're going to my mom's to do my DD b-day with my side of the family. So I am really nerveous about eating! It's so hard to stay OP whne the weekend is busy and this one will be stressful which will make it harder.

Plus my whole family has come down with a cold. DS has another ear infection. I hope it clears up soon!
Old 04-25-2007, 07:56 AM   #13  

Thanks Misty and Donna!

Misty - Sounds like you have a busy weekend ahead of you!!

This weekend I am going to visit a friend who lives about 3 hours away from me. She's married, has 2 kids, and 1 on the way! It should be a fun weekend though. It is "girl time" when I go to visit her because DH never comes with me and her husband, while I love hanging out with him too, sees is as his time to get stuff done around the house. Right now they are in the middle of putting an addition onto the house. As for my DH, they have lots of cats and used to run a cattery out of their house and DH was VERY allergic the first (and last!) time he ever went up there with me (a few years ago). But it is hard for them to come visit us, so I just go up there. It should be a fun weekend and I can't wait! I only get to see them all every 2-3 months and I miss them a lot.

I went for a couple of leisurely walks during the day yesterday and took the night off. Tonight I think I'm going to do one of my Firm videos. Need to start getting in more weights. I'd like to join a gym but they are so expensive! =(
Old 04-25-2007, 08:12 AM   #14  

Lori, do you like the Firm series? I am always looking for recommendations. I own a couple of Gaiam and Method for Stability Ball (and Pilates, which is bizarre because I rarely do Pilates). I use my Y 4-5 times a week; am not much of a home exerciser. I had a personal trainer come over 3x--it was a birthday gift--so I have 3 great strength workouts to do at home or the gym. It was a great investment and I like having the variety.

Anyway, another sunny day here. Doing some research at the library this morning, will try to de-clutter for another 30 minutes (slow but steady wins the race on this, I hope) and then I have a parent-teacher conference this afternoon.

Good wishes to everyone.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:51 AM   #15  

Elana - I like the FIRM series, but I wouldn't recommend it is someone isn't really active and is just starting out. Seems like it would be good for you though! I've done pilates before and couldn't do it because of my back problems. Too much strain on my lower back. I'm looking for some new workouts too. Thinking of getting some videos from the library, maybe I can try them out first before I buy them.