Old 04-22-2007, 11:50 AM   #1  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Default Everything Blue Team!- Team List & Chat

Ok... I have the Blue Team list compiled and here is your Blue Team!

Leader: chellez
Cheerleaders: babygrant & jennylou

Team Mates:
blackcherry
bopis21
candlemaker29
diva
jelynn
canadian mom
windycitychick
sassykay
wrong way
tina30
ericsmommy
glitterlicious
catsgetnhealthy
choosewell
kimphin
hdsgrl
krispied
veggielady
lilacangel
miss hawthorne
lottalisa
shazbott
ladidi
stillovecartoons

Team Starting Weight: 5513 pounds

This thread is also the Blue Team chat thread. Just remember to keep it clean and play nice. If you are feeling down or need some adive post it here! The cheerleaders and I will try to answer any questions you may have.

Last edited by chellez; 04-26-2007 at 04:00 PM.
Old 04-22-2007, 11:57 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 230.8/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8

Go blue team go blue team. We are sooooooooooooooooo going to kick butt this round.
Old 04-22-2007, 02:38 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 283/273/180

Height: 5'7

ahhhhhhh its on like Donkey Kong!!! I have been ready for this all week!!

....I love you losers..... NOW LETS GET IT ON!!!!

...or..wait.... TAKE IT OFF.. wait no.....

whatever

LETS DO THIS!!!!
Old 04-22-2007, 04:36 PM   #4  
Nursing Momma

S/C/G: 312/247/212

Height: 5 ft 7 in

Yay! So happy to see the teams and us all roaring to go now.

Go Team Blue!
Old 04-22-2007, 04:45 PM   #5  
diosa

S/C/G: 216/157/124

Height: 5' 3"

It's on!

Good luck everyone.
Old 04-22-2007, 06:08 PM   #6  
Michelle on LAWL

Height: 5'0"

hey gals... very excited to be starting this round. i missed the last one.. we are gonna kick butt!!
Old 04-22-2007, 08:30 PM   #7  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Default Bummy Sunday

Well its the Sunday after my friend's wedding and I'm being such a bum today. I woke up at 10:30 then took a nap at 4:30 and slept until 7:30...now its 8:20 and I'll need to be in bed in another 2 hours. I'm so lazy today

I plan on exercising sometime tomorrow. If I have enough money I'm going to sign up for weight watchers since its right down the road. I haven't lost since my starting weight, but I haven't gained either. Not bad for someone thats not even on an official plan yet!

So now that all of us are together. What diet plans are we on? What type of exercise routines do we all follow? Everyone's going to be different and that's ok.

Personally I used to follow the South Beach diet plan until I found I couldn't afford buying 2 sets of groceries (because my fiancee refuses to diet) and he wont eat whole grain, or turkey stuff like I do. So I was on the weight watchers site last week and it looks like with flex points you can eat normal food you just have to know the point value and not run over. Plus more and more resturants are adding point options and lord knows we eat out a lot on the weekends. As far as exercise, I did a favor to myself and bought a yoga ball and mat and some 5 lb weights and then subscribed to PUSH. I technically should be on month 2 but because of school and 2 weddings in 2 months I havent had a lot of time. But there's no more excuses! I have 4 months before i get married and i'm determined to be 175 before then (or at least more toned!)

I'll need to get together with the Red Team leader and cheerleaders as well as ours to iron out some side challenges for water and exercise etc.

Well that's about all I have in me for now. I need to go put these grapes down and grab a healthy choice meal before I head to bed!
Old 04-22-2007, 08:44 PM   #8  
Michelle on LAWL

Height: 5'0"

hi everyone..

Chellez.. thank you tons for organizing this challenge and taking it on... kudos to you... you have so much on your plate... school.. planning a wedding... and this.. you're awesome!

i'm doing the LA weight loss plan.. its the easiest plan i've ever followed.. i'm lovin it! for exercise i am doing the turbo jam videos.. wow.. it kicks my butt! but its so fun! and every once in a while i go to curves when i can. i work a lot of 12 hour night shifts so i may not be around much at times... but i'll always be here.

i'm so excited about this challenge.. its my first challenge ever. i'm hoping to lose 20-30lbs by the end of it. i'm highly motivated and raring to go. good luck to everyone.. lets kick butt and win this challenge!!
cheers! Michelle
Old 04-22-2007, 09:40 PM   #9  
Nursing Momma

S/C/G: 312/247/212

Height: 5 ft 7 in

diet plan - I'm doing WW. I do it on my own. Most of the info can be found online. And if you have friends that are on WW, they can often score you a slider. I'm also nursing my DD, so I get extra points for that.

Exercise - I go through good times and bad. I either use the eliptical, do a WATP video or just go for a regular walk. Now that it's getting warmer, I want to do more walks. Even when I don't do anything scheduled, I try to always walk with a purpose. I have no problem parking further from the store (so long as it's not cold/rainy - afterall, I have my DD!). I carry her a lot and she's 20 plus pounds, so my arms get a work out from that.

water intake - I've been so bad about this - I simply must get better!

I always aim for 2 pounds each week, which would put me at 198 by the end of the challenge. I'm slightly worried about being able to acheive that. It's so huge, for starters to make it to onederland. Secondly, I'll be OOT for almost two weeks visiting relatives with DD throughout CA. I'll be in other people's homes (my parents and then my sister), so I'm hoping to make as smart of choices as possible. I know I'll be busy, but I will check in - at least for WI, and hopefully for more than that. Rest assured, I'll be back in full force after that. But, those two weeks - man, I hope I can lose, otherwise, I'll be starting out on a rough spot. But, I know all of you are counting on me to lose something too, so I'll try my best.
Old 04-22-2007, 10:03 PM   #10  
lisa

S/C/G: 209.5/193/135

Height: 5'2"

Go Blue!!
I am very excited to get started. I have been really slacking these past two days with my food choices. It was my B-day last Thursday and we went out to dinner last night and had cake and ice cream with the family tonight. tomorrow is a new day! Should we be posting every night what we eat and do for exercise?? I think I need to read the rules/directions again. I have never done a challenge before. It will be nice to work together with those on the team!

Good Luck and Let the Games Begin!!
Lisa
Old 04-22-2007, 10:51 PM   #11  
I believe in myself

S/C/G: 257/200/160

Height: 5'8

Howdy Blue Team!!! I"m so excited to get this going!!!
I'm doing Weight Watchers, I go to meetings and I'm doing the Flex plan. I wasn't doing well on my own so I figured this would help me be more accountable. I really like this way of eating as well. I'm more consious about what I put in my mouth. Exercise I do TBL 2 workout, Preventions Slim Walk, WATP tapes/dvds and now that it's getting decent out I'll be walking outside too. I do good on the water, right now I'm getting between 70 and 96oz a day. The warmer it gets the more I'll drink, but will only drink up to have my weight, which at the moment would be 123oz.
I'm very happy to be on this team!! I look forward to getting to know the teammates I don't and reconnecting with the ones I do.
I'll chat with ya'll tomorrow.
Old 04-22-2007, 10:57 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 275/137/140

Height: 5'7"

Hi ladies! I'm very excited to be on the blue team again, and I am looking forward to another fabulous challenge. It's great to see a lot of familiar names here.

As to my plan of attack - same as always...eat less, move more. I'm counting calories and averaging about 1500 a day, as well as running between 20 - 25 miles a week.
Old 04-23-2007, 03:39 AM   #13  

Hey Blue Team..

I am on Weight Watchers.. And I work out on my Exercise bike and Rowing machine.. I least try and work out 5 days a week.. and I go for walks (if the weather is nice..)
I gained a pound this weekend so I am 1lb up from my starting weight. But that will be gone this week..
My goal for this Challenge is to get down to 129..

Chellez.. Thank you so much for organizing this Challenge and taking it on...
You can get to 175. You can do it..
What is your wedding dress like long/short, what colour.. Have you bought it yet..

Everyone else.. We can do this.. Let's give Chellez I great wedding present and win this Challenge..

Good luck....

Talk to you all laters..

GO BLUE TEAM.... We can do it...
Old 04-23-2007, 03:52 AM   #14  
diosa

S/C/G: 216/157/124

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennylou View Post

water intake - I've been so bad about this - I simply must get better!

That's the same with me. To me, water tastes funny. I even buy the spring water gallons, and notice that I go through it maybe once every 9 days. My goal is to drink more water.

As for my diet, I'm doing the Fat Smash diet. I was on it, but slacked off, horribly (that's life). I know it works, and while I'm on it, I know I can stick to it this time.

I'm also exercising as much as I can possibly do. I have Turbo Jam, and Bellydance workouts, along with a gym membership (that expires at the end of May).

I will not let my team down.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:10 AM   #15  
PCOS'er going Low GI

Height: 5'1

Hey Team!!!

So excited to be a part of this challenge and love the motivation!
I've been doing YOU on a diet since mid-march and am down 13 lbs. I'm also looking at The Biggest Loser plan, Eat Clean and South Beach for recipe ideas. Generally they are all very similar. At the beginning I was really great about the exercise -walking at least 30 minutes a day. Then reality caught up to me (I have two kids 2 and under) and I've been having a harder time with it. I also have "The biggest Loser" DVD - season 1 from the library. My mom came over last week and we did the strength and scuplt - it kicked my *** where I couldn't move for 3 days. I'm back to normal and am seriously back on track today. I haven't lost this past week but considering it's that time of month and the fact that I haven't gained is a huge accomplishment for me!

It's Monday - lets get losing!!!