View Single Post
Old 04-20-2007, 11:49 PM   #111
CatherineM
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

Annie-I’ve found that the scales doctors have in their offices are too heavy to drag outside to make mischief with, so I suggest taking a ball peen hammer with you to brandish at it. After you lose all your weight, the doctor can frame the hammer above the scales as inspiration to others. That’s assuming that they don’t have you committed or arrested for bringing a big hammer into the office. You can always blame me.

Melissa-When I started, I was in a wheelchair, and the only exercises I could do were ones I could do laying in bed. Until your foot is better, don’t worry about it. Any movement is good. Try doing a aerobics tape while laying in bed. You can work up quite a sweat.

Nancy-You have definitely lost weight in your face, and I don’t think it is just the new glasses.

Michelle-When stress gets too much for me, I either go window shopping at the mall, or curl up with a good book. Breathing is crucial.

Valerie-My horse is a bicycle. There is a large pawn shop next to a bus stop I use all the time. I look at the bikes every time. I have missed the bus on occasion. Himself doesn’t want me to ride. He’s afraid I’ll get hit or fall off and have another brain injury. I think I rode bikes before I could run. We finally compromised that I would wear a motocross helmet, and had to wait until I was under 240 lbs. I also have to have doctor’s approval. I want to feel the wind on my face again, and that feeling of freedom.

Lisa-I am so sorry to hear you were hurt. When I was 16, I had the ligaments in my right ankle reconstructed. I had to wear a non-weight bearing cast for 3 months, so I also had to learn to drive with my left foot. I know it is a big let down having to go off the diet, but hopefully they can give you a diet to bridge the gap. Since yours is a protein based one, maybe Adkins or South Beach until you heal. It is scary to feel dependant or vulnerable. My best suggestion, if you go to using crutches, is to add as much padding as possible to them. I ended up with sores and calluses in places I shouldn’t have had them. I added extra foam and covered it in duct tape. The duct tape cuts down on friction. Hang in there, it will get better.

Lesley-I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you on your job interview.