Old 04-20-2007, 02:15 PM   #1  
Started lawl 4/17/07

S/C/G: 180/180/129

Height: 5' 3"

Default cheese curls?

I got a package of the lawl cheese curls in my starter kit. I noticed that they are very similar in stats to the ones I have from Trader Joe's. (same calories, fat, protien...). Do you think it would be ok to use the Trader Joe's ones as a sub?

Second question, is there a guide to how many calories, grams of carbs, and so on that a carb is supposed to have?

Thanks!!
michelle07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 02:30 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

I used to use the Baked Cheetos because I think they tasted a lot better than the LA ones. I just wrote in my book "LA Cheese Curls". I don't know what the TJ ones are like, but if they're pretty close, you could go ahead and do it every now and then, but I would still write "LA" in your diary just to save some headaches.

As for the carbs, I'm clueless. You can do a search of the forum, though, because someone posted about a month ago about the definition of a carb for diabetic purposes, and it seemed to fit the LAWL definition pretty well.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 03:28 PM   #3  
LAWL Salt Police

Just watch the salt content on the non-LAWL brands.. Most of us just compensate for the salt with extra water intake. That said, don't do it very often...

As much as I love the red-hot cheetos, I just don't eat any of them...
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 04:24 PM   #4  
Started lawl 4/17/07

S/C/G: 180/180/129

Height: 5' 3"

Thanks for the responses!
michelle07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 08:31 PM   #5  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

I eat the 100 calorie cheeto and dorito packs on occasion as a sub for the cheese curls, maybe only once a week if that. They are lower in calories, but yes, higher in sodium. I am like Shannon and have a tendency to have low sodium levels, so I don't pay all that much attention to most higher sodium foods.

There really isn't a basic figure for carbs and calories. Low end of calories per starch is 35, high end is about 80. When I look at labels, I try to pick an item with the lowest carbs, but I also look at fat and sugar content too. I have a sugar allergy, so I will take some extra fat over sugars.
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 09:26 PM   #6  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

i've always subbed the TJs ones (reduced fat ones, right?) for the LAWL ones-just be careful. they have similar sodium too if i recall. But make sure you take the bag home and IMMEDIATELY portion out 1oz servings into baggies. Don't eat out of the bag. Trust me-you will not stop at one ounce!
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote