Old 04-20-2007, 09:58 AM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile #181 Bale of Turtles Working Out!

We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on even when the odds are against us. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 09:59 AM   #2  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Glad you found us. Go back to thread 180 for some great posts!
Have a lovely weekend. Our weather here in the NE is about to get a lot better.
JUdy
ps. I switched to Flex for this week to see if I can knock off those remaining "fast" pounds I put on right around Easter.
Old 04-21-2007, 11:07 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Good morning, Turtles:

Sounds like everyone is doing well, so that is great

I was down 1.4# this week at my w/i so was happy with that. Stayed OP since Mon a.m. & the scale went down.

Nice, sunny & warm up here for a change. Just making some cabbage rolls.
I have had a craving for them for awile & actually they are pretty point friendly overall.

Hoping to get outside shortly and pick up some branches in yard. I have lots of big trees and over the winter lots blow off.

Good luck to everyone.
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 10:33 AM   #4  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Bandit, for losing weight this week. You said you wanted to get in gear and kick butt and you did! That's a great :
Funny how our lives echo each other's. I picked up twigs, etc. over the weekend myself and I feel the bending and twisting in my muscles! That's okay I figure that's another short workout for myself. I'm still on the
and walking 1 1/2miles as often as I can fit it in in a week. My hip was hurting, but I don't think it's the that's doing it, so I'll continue.
Stepped on the scale this morning, and I've been able to hold onto losing four of those "fast pounds". Now I am aiming to knock off the last three so I can get back to losing for real. Wish me luck.

I'm sending you all :
Judy
Old 04-23-2007, 12:58 PM   #5  

Default It's Monday Allready!

Hey there ladies!

Brandit~ congrats on the WL! I hope I do as good as you tonight when I go and W/I.

Judy~ Goodluck getting the rest off! I know you will have it off in no time!

I weigh in tonight wish me luck! I have been so hungry all day. At lunch I feel like I over ate too. I just hope I do good at the weigh in tonight!
princess peony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 01:11 PM   #6  

Peony - good luck tonight at your w/i!

Judy - good for you for getting in some exercise.

Nice sunny Monday up here & the weather was great over the weekend.
I think I have an allergy - runny nose & eyes so got some medicine & doing better.

Hi to everyone else!
Old 04-23-2007, 03:09 PM   #7  
Chick

Peony,
Good luck with your WI. So glad you're here to help us on!

Bandit,
Feel better with your allergies. Looks like every season has its blessings.
LOL
Judy
Old 04-23-2007, 03:21 PM   #8  

Ladies: Good afternoon. How is everyone? I didn't get an answer from M this weekend, no response at all, and then M stood me up for our date to go to the fair. Which, put together, is an answer in and of itself. I spent a lot of time crying Sunday when I finally accepted it, but I don't want to talk about it anymore; I just wanted to let you guys know, since you were so supportive. Obviously, that dominated the weekend, and it was intensely disappointing, so... the only really good thing about the last couple of days is that the allergies/illness that has been plaguing me seems to be on its way out. Otherwise, everything is looking rather gray.

But I will try not to be a "downer", and respond to your messages accordingly...

Princess: How funny. I can understand the impulse to race out there and protect your son, but that would not help his "reputation" among the other boys, which I'm sure you know. As long as he is not seriously hurt, that is what matters, right? Re IMHO -- IMHO means In My Humble Opinion. IMNSHO, my own variant, means In My Not So Humble Opinion. I have never tried the WW brand scale. It's interesting that they can be so different. I would expect a consistent difference, but as long as you "trust" one of them, that's okay.

Peony -- did you enjoy the weekend? Good luck on your WI.

Judy -- glad you had a good weekend. Let us know how things go with "flex". Congrats on the WL. Make sure you stretch, that might help your hip. Glad you're feeling better.

Bandit -- congrats on the WL! Cabbage rolls sound good. I am envisioning lettuce wraps, are they the same kind of thing? Sorry you are feeling under the weather.

Well, ladies, back to work. Take care.
Ariana2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 08:41 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Default Happy Tuesday!

Morning all!

I was off yesterday as my DS had his oral surgery... it went ok and at least it is over with for him... They gave him the max on the IV drip and it still did not knock him out so he was awake for the whole thing... the kid is a horse... LOL.
Went to W/I saturday AM and was down 3.4 lbs... most of the vacation weight is gone... now I just need to keep going. DH started back last week and he was down 11.4 lbs! I was very happy for him! He tried hard and it showed.

Ariana: OMG... I am sooooo sorry about M.... I remember how that is and it is devastating, you are better then that though and will find the perfect person soon... you just need to get thru the crappy stuff and that is the hard part. LOL re: DS and rugby... I know, I would never do that to him but sometimes it is hard, rugby is very rough and as he is my baby it is all I can do to stay in my chair at times. But I manage it!

Judy: Great job the exercise! I finally got my yard mowed and I think I heard a collective sigh from the neighbors... LOL.

Bandit: I know you will be so happy when the weather finally turns... I know I will be Great job on the W/L!

Kerri: What is new with you lately?

Peony: Hope your W/I went really well! I love awesome W/I's... LOL... who doesn't! But they make you feel sooooo good!

I have to run but will check back in later on.
Susan

Last edited by Princess1122; 04-24-2007 at 01:02 PM.
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 11:03 AM   #10  

Hi everyone:

Ariana - sorry to hear about the M thing & nothing anyone can really say will make you feel better. I have shared this before - but when things are tough I write this on sticky notes & put in appropriate places "And this too shall pass" That has helped me. Hang in there.
Cabbage rolls are rice & ground beef rolled in cabbage leaves then tomatoe sauce with spices poured over the top & baked.
Mine work out to 2 points each.

Princess - congrats on your w/l!!! What programme is your hubby following?
Both of you have such great losses - I would be thrilled to have one over 2# for a change. But will take any kind of w/loss.

Big HI to all you other turtles.
Old 04-24-2007, 01:05 PM   #11  

Bandit: Thanks! DH and I are both on the flex/points plan... he gets tons of points every day though since they have changed the program a few months back with the new calculations and all... I ended up losing a point and he got like 15 more! How fair is that? I agree... a loss is a loss and I am normally happy with any kind of downward trend on the scale. I had a big one because I was coming off of a vacation week and got right back on plan... I most likely will not see that big of a loss this week...

Beautiful day here today! Sunny and very warm!
Old 04-24-2007, 06:43 PM   #12  
Chick

Princess,
Is your new photo you in Hawaii? Gorgeous. Hey, weigh to go knocking off that vacation weight so quickly. That is amazing and wonderful and good for your dh too!

Ariana,
There is nothing any of us can say, but just hang in there. You're terrific and you'll make a connection with someone who deserves you. I won't say anymore because I see you didn't want to talk about it. Just know we all care.

All goes well here. I'll be weighing in tomorrow. Wish me luck!
Judy
Old 04-25-2007, 08:30 AM   #13  

Default Happy Hump Day!

Morning all,

Rainy here today but according to the weather man we needed it so I guess it is a good thing.

Judy: Best wishes for an awesome W/I!!! Thanks for the congrats... I am eager for this weekend's W/I to see if I can get the rest off. Yup, DH took that picture one day when we were walking to lunch in Wikiki... I just loved it there and am ready to go back... I feel like some of the issues and stress that were present before we went, and went away while we were on vacation are now coming back... funny how that works... life gets in the way in all areas...

Ariana: I was watching the weather guy and it kind of looked like you all might have got some rain out there... I know you like that so I hope it did in fact happen for you. I am not so sure I could handle your high heat levels any better then I handle the mid-west winters... LOL. Hope you are having a less stressful time at work... What is your W/I day?

Bandit: How are you doing? When do summer officially start up your way?

Kerri: What is new with you?

Peony: How are you doing so far this week? What is your favorite form of exercise? Mine is Pilates, love the Pilates classes and I take at least two a week... I walk or do the eliptical but that is way harder for me to get motivated to do...

I will check back later on!
Susan
Old 04-25-2007, 11:57 AM   #14  

Hi turtles:

Judy - good luck on your w/i, hope its great.

Princess - nice picture! June 21st is officially the first day of summer & looking forward to it. Beforehand we get some hot/cool days. Sometimes the season seems longer which is good, but other times summer passes & feels like it didn't really happen. But, the last few years we have been quite lucky and have pretty nice weather. Although I guess it is lots shortly than you guys all have.

I leave for Vegas on Mother's Day so looking forward to that. Going with 3 other ladies & we have tickets for the Country Music Awards, so that should be fun. Hopefully can drop a few # before then.

Hope you all have a great OP week.
Old 04-25-2007, 01:43 PM   #15  

Default Picture

Well I tried to post a couple of pictures but I fear they are too big. I think I was able to post on of my DH and I with some friendly parrots in Hawaii. They are under my profile... let me know if you are able to view it or not and I will try and figure it out if it fails

Have a happy day!