Old 04-14-2007, 10:56 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 202.8/173.8/124

Height: 5'5

Default Anyone on Red for Exercise Purposes...

Is there anyone who has been on red for exercise purposes, and while doing cardio and weights lost a lot of weight or has it basically stalled out your weight loss?

THanks.
buffystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 12:15 PM   #2  
Megan

S/C/G: size 14/ pudgy size 10/Size 8

Height: 5'5"

I am the token child for Red because of exercise! I do roughly six to seven hours a week and work a job where I'm constantly moving and active.

Has it stalled my weight loss? LIKE YOU WOULD NOT BELIEVE! I've only lost 15-16 pounds (it yo-yo's) in 20 weeks. However, I've lost 23 1/2 inches and went from a size 14-16 to a size 8-10! Plus, I lost 8 inches in the waist alone. With the pounds I lost that's how many inches I've should've lost all over!

My original goal was to drop 25 pounds, but I'm stabalizing starting next week. At this point, I'm fed up with the scale not moving, but I've decided that the scale does not give the full picture. When I was near tears about the scale not moving, I talked to one of the corporate managers. Typically the ratio is a 2 pounds to 1 inch loss. I have lost 2 pounds for every 3 inches. I'm the anomaly of the COD.

I've adopted the mantra that I'd rather be a little heavier but have amazing tone than light and flabby! In the long run, it'll be healthier if I have muscle versus fat.
marzbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 07:14 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

I have been on red for exercise but I am back on purple, I lose better on purple, if I get hungery on a day that I have done alot of exercise I will go ahead and add the extra 1/2 protien and 1 starch to that day. but I find that if I work out all week, and get over 5 hours of exercise I am only starving one or two days out of the week. Somebody on here was saying they had a protien shake on the days they exercise. (sorry I forgot who said that even though I chatted with them about it! ) I liked being on the red because when I didn't feel like exercising I would say, nope I have to to keep my red! but I just felt like it was too much.

How long have you been on the red?

Lettie
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 10:40 AM   #4  

Since October. I was losing fine, but then stress and other stuff got to me. So I'm recommitting. I was thinking of just going back to gold, because when I lost so well before that's where I was.
Old 04-15-2007, 10:41 AM   #5  

Thank you for your response, Marzbe and Lettie I am just hooked on that darn number on the scale..ugh..that's my addiction
Old 04-15-2007, 11:17 AM   #6  
Megan

S/C/G: size 14/ pudgy size 10/Size 8

Height: 5'5"

Buffy,

I will totally admit that I'm the rarity because I'm constantly active. What was funny is that COD actually at one point considered moving me up to Red 1, because they thought I was not getting enough calories with my 80 minute workouts 5 days a week.

I tried to convice COD that RED was too much food and I should be on Gold. It didn't fly, they knew I wasn't going to cut back on my activity level.
marzbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 12:14 AM   #7  
Lorraine on LAWL

S/C/G: 207/181/160

Height: 5'8"

Hey Buffystar: I'm with Megan (Marzbe) on this one. I've been on Red (w lites) since July and have lost 27 pounds. I exercise about 7-8 hours per week (cardio and strength training) and have only managed to lose (and gain) 2 pounds over the past 3-4 months. I've spoken to the COD and their dieticians but can't seem to get past 179 lbs.
I'm going to continue to try to get to my goal of 160 but this last 19 pounds is probably going to come off very slowly and I'm in this for the long haul.
I, too, have lost quite a few inches (not sure of how many) but have gone from a size 16 to a size 12 (sometimes 10 depending on the pants) so I'm pretty happy with that!

Best of luck to you and keep up the good work.
KoffeeDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 10:41 AM   #8  
twinkletwinkle1

I have been on the Red plan due to exercise since January. Initially I wasn't losing at all. Though I contribute most of that to the fact that I was cheating most of the time. I didn't gain, but I didn't lose. I think that once I started working out with my personal trainer 5 times per week, I decided it was ok to go ahead and have a little of this and a lot of that. Anyway, I have been officially back OP since March 27. I weighed with my trainer on March 15 and was 181. I weighed yesterday and was 164. I just finished TO yesterday so I haven't weighed at COD. Saturday when I weighed I was 171, so I should be down there too (scales are always a little different at COD and PT.) When I first started LAWL my COD told me they don't encourage excercise. Although it is discouraging to see the scale stuck at the same spot, reflecting that same dreaded number week after week, the health benefits alone should make us want to give ourselves a pat on the back for taking another step in the right direction through physical fitness and diet. So hang in there everyone! We can do it!!
Old 04-17-2007, 10:49 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

just got back from WI and I did TO a couple weeks ago then went to purple after that. because I didn't exercise while on TO and thought I should ease back into it. but I have been exercising good for several days and they have put me back on red. so here goes!
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 12:03 PM   #10  

Thank you for all your wonderful responses! I know I'm probably doing the wrong thing- but I have been on gold since yesterday. I am also very active--work out 6 days a week (both strength and cardio) between about 8-10 hours a week. And on the positive side (although I weigh more than my ticker- because in all honesty, I have fudged a bit because of law school stress and wedding stress.. I have been able to get down to a 10 in some things, and medium in others. I know, I know, for 180 pounds on a 5'5 frame I should be ecstatic, but I want to see the 120's....sigh..it probably won't happen But, good luck Lettie- what do they say...weight loss is an experiment..I've been trying to look at it like that. So I'm "experimenting" with gold until I can get down to 165 and go back to my center (i'm on hold for now with my plan). Thanks again for all of your insights, ladies
Old 04-17-2007, 01:46 PM   #11  
Sarah

S/C/G: 170/127/127

Height: 5'4"

I've been on gold with lites for the past few weeks, and it was torture. I was hungry all the time, and all I could think about during the day was when I'd get my next meal. Plus, I was getting really moody. So finally I brought it up at my COD today, and the counselor asked me how often I exercise. I told her I go to the gym for an hour at least 3 days a week, often 4 or 5, for an hour each day, plus I walk EVERYWHERE, at least half an hour a day, but usually closer to an hour or two. So she told me that I should have brought this up ages ago, because I've basically been starving myself. She was going to put me on red, but instead decided to put me on blue as an experiment, since for the next two or three weeks I'll be studying like crazy for exams, so I might be exercising a little less than usual, but the studying will kind of be like shift-work. I have to say, I'm pretty excited about the extra starch and half-protein, and hopefully more food (at least, the good kind) will be just what I need to get rid of some of the stress I've been feeling lately!
momerath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 06:40 PM   #12  

I'm totally with you, Sarah. Your numbers are awesome though! I feel ya about studying and the like..ugh not looking forward to it, but the hardest part is "overeating" out of finals stress.
Old 04-19-2007, 06:35 AM   #13  
Sarah

S/C/G: 170/127/127

Height: 5'4"

The blue plan is officially my new god. I can't believe how good I feel. I actually managed my one hour elliptical plus an hour and 20 mins of walking yesterday without feeling like death. Last week at one point, I had to get off of the elliptical after 45 minutes because I was starting to get shaky, so I guess the change was pretty important. The scariest point, though, was when I was watching TV, and I got an overwhelming craving for the honeycombs Dave's been having for breakfast lately. I mean, I get cravings like anyone else, but this was like, "If I don't get some sugar into me RIGHT NOW, I think I'm going to have a panic attack." So I grabbed a tiny handful. Next thing I know, I've eaten 4 or 5 large handfuls. It was pretty awful. I don't know how I let it get that bad, I really should have noticed the signs earlier.

And the best thing about the blue plan? My plateau seems to be done! I'm down 1.2 lbs since yesterday morning! So even though I have an exam in less than 3 hours, which I'm probably going to fail, I'm feeling pretty excellent this morning!
momerath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 03:36 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 139/134/129

Height: 5'4 1/2

i'm a new member - need to lost a pesky 10 lbs. i'm 5'4 and 138 lbs. my optimal weight is 128 - anything below, i look emaciated/ill.

i'm on the red plan but am a little worried if it will be enough food. i run half marathons, and can burn anywhere from 500-1300 cals on a run (4X a week). I also walk my dog and do occasional strength training, and now that golf season is here, will golf (and walk the course) 1-2 times a week. i don't want my running performance to suffer because of undereating (running coach is adamant that the calories i burn have to be put back in)...but also want to lose the ten pounds! i did tell the manager about the running, so she said to let her know if i'm too hungry, and they will adjust.

just curious - anyone else a runner, and what kind of luck have they had losing?

Thanks!
hiraeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 01:12 PM   #15  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 142/137/120

Height: 5'6

Default anyone on Red for Exercise Purposes

Hello,
I am new to this website, but have been on LAWL since 1/06. I got down to my goal weight (125) and went on maintaince, since the Holidays I have put a lot of the weight back on! I am now back on weightloss. I have always done Cardio about 5-6 times a week and weight 1-2 days a week Averaging about 5-6 hours a week. I dread my weigh ins, beause I am just staying between 136-138. I am now making my goal weight 120. My counselor at the center thinks I should go from the green plan to the red plan because I exercise 5 or more hours a week. It took me 7 months last year to lose 17 lbs when it should have taken me 8 weeks!!! I am starting to wonder if my plan & exercise were the reason it is taking me so long. I am considering going on the red plan to give it a shot-but I am afraid to put more weight on-Does anyone have any suggestions??
Thanks!!
wtbthin is offline   Reply With Quote