General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 04:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 160/122/120

Default Support Virginia Tech: 4-20-07

I would imagine this is the best place to put this. I'm sure most people have been keeping up with information about the tragedy at Virginia Tech. A coworker just forwarded this information about wearing orange and maroon this Friday. I realize this won't directly help those affected, but it's a simple way to show your support. I just wanted to share.

Old 04-18-2007, 04:50 PM   #2  
doinTHEbestIcan

Height: 5'4"

This tragedy has touched my heart so much that it has been hard to focus on my own problems the last couple of days.

Whenever I get upset about my own simple, minor problem, there is this little voice in my head that keeps saying, remember Virginia Tech, it can be much worse.

My heart and prayers go out to all involved in this horrible tragedy, this will without a doubt be a day that we will all remember.

Sometimes somethings are so unbelievable, all you can ask for is strength.

May the Lord be with us all!
Old 04-18-2007, 05:11 PM   #3  
Kimmy

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/130

Height: 5 foot nada

That was a terrible, terrible day. My prayers go out to those parents, friends and family members who were directly or indirectly involved with that tragedy.

I have a very bright orange uniform that I will make sure is pressed and ready to wear on Friday to show my support.

Kim
Old 04-18-2007, 07:19 PM   #4  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

The tragedy happened in my former dorm and it has just been so hard to watch all this unfold. I graduated from Tech in the early 90's and have nothing but the best memories from there. The campus is just beautiful and so peaceful. My heart goes out to all of the other Hokies out there and I'm so glad to see the response from people everywhere to support those affected by this.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:47 AM   #5  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Default Wonderful idea!

What a wonderful idea! I just went upstairs to find my orange sweater and snagged a maroon shirt from my husband. I'm all set for tomorrow!

Today in our newspaper they had bios of many of the slain students and teachers. I just kept reading and reading and thinking...all that promise...all those hopes and dreams...all those familes never being able to see their loved ones again...

I can't even begin to imagine the heartache that is within all those who knew these people and are having to deal with such a senseless tragedy! I have never met any of the people involved, and I am so sad hearing of the terrible last moments for all of them.

My prayers are for the families and for those who are still in the hospital. I am hoping that all colleges and universities will pay attention to this horrific event and will enact policies that will help prevent something like this from happening in the future.

How one troubled individual could snuff out the lives of so many people he didn't even know is beyond my comprehension.

God help us all!
Closed Thread