Old 04-18-2007, 11:09 AM   #1  

Question thinking of doing the online while i go to curves???

I have a center opening by me (30 minutes away).

I know me driving to the center 2-3 times a week is going to be hard just because 1. I get anxiety when I drive at night and 2. its going to be hard to get there during the day I do daycare from home.

I thuoght of doing the online version of this program and I plan to do curves as well 10 minutes from home ( I can get there in the early AM). i thought with the scale they have and doing the program from home and help from onliners , I could be successful.

Does anyone know if I do the online program can I go into the center to buy product like bars or what ever ? ( save on the shipping charges I am sure they charge). Do they offer all the same products on line as if I went to the center?

Any thoughts ? opinions ? ideas ?

thanks so much~
Steph

Looking to lose 75lbs
digman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 11:24 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

30 min away...... there and back..... 3 times a week. that is 3 hours you could spend on exercise at curves.. sounds good to me!

Lettie
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 11:25 AM   #3  
Kate - LAWL since 10/06

S/C/G: 211.0/154.2/130.0

Height: 5'1"

Lots of chickies here do not use the centers and are very successful. I'm afraid I don't have alot of information on the online program, but I know someone can chime in on that. I think you'll do great!!
katiebug77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 12:02 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Curves can do nothing but good for you, if you combine that with your weight loss efforts you will be even more successful.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 12:28 PM   #5  
LAWL since 9/06

I do curves as well as LAWL and it seems I did better at losing weight before I started Curves. LOL. But I do still do it and it really does make me feel good. I don't do the online though. I actually go to the center 3 times a week. Good luck. I don't see why you couldn't do the online and go to Curves. THere is no downside that I see.

Liz
LizzyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 12:47 PM   #6  
hdsQrl - Megan on LAWL

S/C/G: 200.2/172/140

Height: 5'5"

Just to chime in about Curves...I tried that for about 4 months and found good results at first, that quickly dwindled down to no results, even though I was still going regularly and eating well. I think that the Curves program is great for people who currently have NO daily activity, because it does get you moving and using your muscles. However, most people need to change their exercise programs up periodically, and with Curves, you can only do so much (push/pull harder on the machines, etc) before you have to look elsewhere for different things to do. That was my experience, at least. But I loved the ladies there and they were truly motivating, so it's a great place to go for the in-person encouragement.
hdsqrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 01:28 PM   #7  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi Steph,
Curves can be great, if you can increase your intensity as you go. I was a member for a long time. As far as the online version, If you can stay accountable to yourself and through here, then it is a great option, also just think of all the gas you will be saving. You don't get the one on one counseling, but you can email the dietician with questions.
I don't think you can go into the center and get stuff there if you are just doing the online version, you would have to ask about that. But I do know that with the online plan, if you buy at least $50 worth of stuff, the shipping is free.
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 02:13 PM   #8  

Talking

Thanks everyone for the information!

I do have a hard time with being accountable, BUT I know that once I start to see results I will be more accountable. I need to SEE that its working and then I can stick to it.
Well me being at home doing daycare has me moving but not the way I need to to burn calories. I thought that it would be a great place to start to get me moving and get some results sooner to keep me motivated.

I lack the self confidence as it is, so my game plan is to go to curves when I think its least crowded at first. I guess even though I know no one is looking at me i feel like they are. I am sure it will be hard to go in there at first just for the fear of eyes on me.

When I head over to sign up this afternoon , I will check out when they are busiest

thanks for the help

steph
Old 04-18-2007, 02:30 PM   #9  
LAWL since 2/07

S/C/G: 240 / 226.2 / 130

In reference to the one on one counseling - I really get better counseling here. I forget to ask questions there and half the time the answers I do get there differ from what's being said here. I'll go with a group of proven losers anytime. I don't buy the lites or supplements so asking people who aren't pressuring me to buy lites is preferrable to me.

Yesterday I called to find out what information they wanted from my doctor because they'd mentioned it before. The girl (just helping out at my COD) says she needs to get my chart and call me back. She calls back and says well if you want to chat with your doctor about getting approval to do the supplements. I asked what the supplements did and I swear she said one makes your hair shiney? OK I'm 224 lbs, shiney hair is the last thing on my mind.

I may be being too hard on them, there are 2 girls there who are very helpful and I really like them but overall I'm much happier with this site.
smjezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 02:35 PM   #10  
hdsQrl - Megan on LAWL

Haha...YES! That's IT! We all just need shiny hair...THEN we'll all be skinny. No wonder we've been having such a hard time of it! < /sarcasm>

Of their supplements, I take the VitaMax (ends up costing about what I'd pay for vitamins anyway), calcium and EFA's (ditto) and the Reduce Plus, only because they suckered me into buying two bottles of that right when I signed up. No clue if that's doing anything to help me or not. They SAY it's like Lipo in a Bottle. Right. Only if your Lipo doctor went and sucked the fat out of the girl next to you instead.

Or maybe I'm just grouchy from Dorito-withdrawal.

Good LORD, I'm crabby today.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:39 PM   #11  
LAWL since 2/07

Yanno those little bitty bags of doritos are only 120 calories so if you don't worry about any of that sodium or fat it could be legal. I'm just sayin
Old 04-18-2007, 04:23 PM   #12  

Ya know now that you mention it about the counslors, have they been on this program to REALLY know the answers to the questions we have as far as being able to relate to how we feel etc etc.

I must tell you I am nervous about doing this , I think its because the other things i have tried did not work.

I know everyone is diffrent but I am trying to get a idea of when I may notice weight or inches drop.

I am 5'7 and weigh 224 and the goal is 150. how long did it take to see your body start to change once you started ?

thanks again!

Steph
Old 04-18-2007, 04:40 PM   #13  
hdsQrl - Megan on LAWL

Steph, this really is a good plan, and I've not heard of anyone that wasn't at least partially successful on it, as long as they stuck to it. (of course when you dive into the Doritos, you get what you deserve, heh.)

As for me, I've only really started to get the compliments since I hit the 20 pound mark, or close to it. I was in denial about how much I'd gained, so all my clothes were tight and they're just now starting to get loose on me, so I've not yet had the fun experience of getting to shop for all new things. Soon, though, soon!
Old 04-18-2007, 04:48 PM   #14  
LAWL since 2/07

Quote:
Originally Posted by digman6 View Post
Ya know now that you mention it about the counslors, have they been on this program to REALLY know the answers to the questions we have as far as being able to relate to how we feel etc etc.

I must tell you I am nervous about doing this , I think its because the other things i have tried did not work.

I know everyone is diffrent but I am trying to get a idea of when I may notice weight or inches drop.

I am 5'7 and weigh 224 and the goal is 150. how long did it take to see your body start to change once you started ?

thanks again!

Steph

Yanno it's not really obvious to me that I'm losing but I am. If it weren't for my rather substantial hips my pants would now fall off. I have been walking a lot at work and notice myself yanking my pants up when I feel the crotch riding around my knees. Attractive! Why don't I buy new you ask? I want to buy new when there's a big difference, size 2x to size 18 or something good. 2x to 1x, I don't think so. Until then I'll get a rope and tie em up. Again, attractive!

When I sit in my chair at night I used to have a table that I'd sit things on (my gut), I went to sit something on it the other night and noticed it had shifted. I no longer have a table. Now if I take a picture of me now and compare it to when I first started I don't see a difference. But it's there and I feel it. I've lost about 16 but it was a well compacted 16. My rings are now too big, my shoes are more loose, shirts are baggier, etc. I expect (hope) to start really SEEING something soon.

Oh to give you a time frame I started Feb 26th. I've really only just started feeling different. This diet does work. Slowly but surely, 1 pound at a time, but it's more the support that I get here that keeps me on the straight and narrow.

Oh and as far as the counselors go - I know one of my counselors is on the plan and wow has she lost a ton.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:05 PM   #15  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

You guys crack me up!

I thought about Curves, too...but just don't know when I would squeeze it in. I already have my DD at daycare M-F from 8am until 4:30pm. I don't want to take any more time away from her.

The "shiny hair" comes from the EFA's...I take omega 3's which is part of the EFA's and the oil makes your skin, hair and nails healthier. (they also help with BM's ).

And, as far as the online LAWL...I think that, combined with the support here, will be a good combo.
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote