Old 04-17-2007, 12:23 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 214/214/150

Default Which color plan?

Ok I think to begin with I'm going to do the program without bars. So question is which color do I do? Do I stay with purple or swich to another color? I have all colors, but it is slightly an older plan .
Also how much lettuce can I have? It is listed under the veggies, but I would think I would get more than a 1/2 cup.
Thanks,
Dawn
ministerswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 01:02 PM   #2  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Dawn,
Without the bars, you should probably be on red.
Lettuce has been updated to 3 c. as one serving.

How are things going so far?
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 01:14 PM   #3  
Holly on LAWL

S/C/G: 148/143/124

Height: 5'4"

I would think that if you are not doing bars, you would be on Red? Is that a little one I see in your picture? Are you nursing because that would make a difference. Cassie would be a good one to send a PM to. Good luck.

I don't do Lites and I am on the Purple Plan.
holly321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 02:30 PM   #4  

Holly I am nursing still, but in the process of trying to wean him. He is almost 16 months and I hope to have him weaned by 18 months completely.
Thanks,
Dawn
Old 04-17-2007, 02:38 PM   #5  

Deb, thanks 3 cups sounds much better. How do you do dressing? I know some use those Spritzers.
Also thanks for the cookbook. It ROCKS! Having a tool loke that means the world.
As far as how it's going, I start tomorrow with Take Off. Do you know if Iit is ok to do it with the bars even though I'm doing the plan without them?
Thanks,
Dawn
Old 04-17-2007, 02:47 PM   #6  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Dawn.........I believe you would be on Red. Also, I am pretty sure it is ok to do TO with bars even if you are not using them on your regular plan. You can also do FF, which is what I do in place of a TO, as I cannot use bars. FF involves unrestricted amounts of lean meats and green veggies, plus TO juice or 4 oranges or 4 cups of canteloupe. Whatever works best for you.
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 02:50 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

I would say FF, because that is what they put you on when you first start, which is what you are doing.
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 03:52 PM   #8  
Holly on LAWL

S/C/G: 148/143/124

Height: 5'4"

Dawn, how many times a day are you nursing? Red without lites might not be enough food for a nursing mom and it could actually hurt your weight loss. I believe there is a variation of Red called Red1 that has slighly more exchanges (I think Deb has the info on this)

If you are just starting out on the plan at a COD they would start you on what they call Fast Forward and that does not include any lites.

After two days of FF you would start on your plan.

You might want to start a thread or do a search of nursing moms to see whta others are doing. Good luck!
holly321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 04:14 PM   #9  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Dawn.........Holly is right on. I know there are forums for nursing moms on 3FC. I tried to lose weight after each of my babies was born, and I nursed them all, and it can be a real pain in the butt to get all of the food in that you need.........but you certainly don't want to stall because your calorie count is too low. Do let us know what you find out.
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 08:42 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 170/136/130

Height: 5'2"

Holly - I have been lurking for awhile now, but I think I can help with this one. I have been on the plan since December and was my son's only source of nourishment at that time. They started me on Red 1 (no lites). Now my son is 8 months old and has some formula and other food. Since I am not his only source of food, I have moved to Red(no lites). Once we are done breastfeeding I will move to purple. Since your baby probably consumes more than just breastmilk, I would say you should start on Red and then move to purple once he is weaned.
KatieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 09:35 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 202.8/173.8/124

Height: 5'5

Also just to pop in----are you even allowed to do FF or TO due to breastfeeding? I know someone on here said that the COD would not allow that, but I can't remember who...just because of the low amount of nutrients during those 2 days.
buffystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 12:08 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 170/136/130

Height: 5'2"

That's right... I have been told no TO or FF while breastfeeding. I don't think you'll need to anyway. I haven't used any of the COD products and still have lost 2 pounds per week just by following the plan.
KatieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 03:16 PM   #13  

I appericate all of your concern about nursing, but I am in the process of trying to wean my child. He is 16 months old so he does not have to nurse. We are down to only nursing twice during the day and before bed. This weekend is where I hope to cut out one of those feedings. I would never try this if I was my childs only means of food.
I actually started following WW when he was about 6 months old but lost some of my supply so I quickly ended that. Breastfeeding is more important to me than losing weight. I was content to stay fat until I was through nursing.

KatieD that is interesting that you haven't done TO and still lost weight pretty good. Something to think about.
Thanks,
Dawn
Old 04-18-2007, 04:09 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

After my 4th baby I went to WW I paid to start, paid for my first meeting and sat through the whole meeting, after the meeting I went forward with the other newbies and sat through the orientation, after that the leader, who had been with WW for over 30 years asked if there was any questions, I went up to her and said I was told there was a plan for breastfeeding moms, what do I need to do, and she looked at me with disgust on her face and said "your are breastfeeding?! Well I don't see how you are going to lose any weight!!" and she walked off. I drove home crying. it was awful. I didn't go back either.

sorry, just had to interject my WW horror story.

sound like you have got plenty of advice to get going. now lets start seeing your weight tracer move, girlie!!

Lettie
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 04:29 PM   #15  

Thanks Lettie! I had planned to start this past Monday but we are leaving tomorrow for Tennessee to have my daughters 6th b'day at my inlaws. I make the cakes and being new I didn't want to deal with all of that and the food my MIL would have. There are no more b'days until July and I should be POP by then. Dh is going to be out of town Monday thru either Tuesday or Wednesday. I plan on doing TO Mon. and Tue. so it shouldn't br that bad.

Sorry for your BF experience with WW. People can be so insenitive sometimes. How many children do you have? Did I read somewhere that you have five? What are there ages? I have 3 boys and 1 girl.
Dawn