Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-14-2007, 10:18 AM   #1  

Default What can I do?

OK here is the deal - I have lost about 50 pounds since July - Need to lose about 20 more. I am absolutely sabataging myself - in the past 2 wqeeks I have gained 3 pounds from pure eating junk...I can't seem to stop myself - I just ate 3 donuts and all the while I am telling myself to stop stop stop...it didn't work...and now of course I feel like crap and my super skinny,conceited, though often lovable sister is coming to visit.....not good - I fell off the support wagon from this other site because I think they made it too easy for me to make excuses to eat the wrong stuff (great people though!!! ) I was here about 5 or so years ago and lost 88 pounds but huge life stresses helped cause me to gain it all back and then some - out of shame I gave up... A few minor stresses as of late but nothing that should throw me off so bad...I just don't get it - I want this SO bad but yet...I am not doing anything to help myself....I know I need to find support to give and receive it but not sure how to go about it...so I am back where I started 5 years ago - Here!! Hopefully I can find a group or start a group that can help and where I can do some good for others....any ideas? Thanks

Last edited by 3mom; 04-14-2007 at 10:21 AM. Reason: mispelling
3mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 10:58 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Look what you have done already.....55 pounds lost, that is a great accomplishment!The last 10 or 15 pounds always seem to be the hardest, but you can do it. Do not give up.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 11:00 AM   #3  

I have been in the same boat for the past three weeks. I almost feel like someone is force feeding me, because every time I binge I can hear my "skinny person inside who wants to come out" absolutely screaming that I don't want the food. Today is my day to start over. I've gained back almost 20 pounds that I had lost and I can't stand the idea of losing the same weight over and over again anymore. I'm trying to keep busy and put food "in its place". I'm so tired of it controlling my life. Just try to make it through a few hours, a few more and then the rest of your day. Keep youself busy. Try to get rid of what you might eat too much of. Unfortunately, I can binge on grapefruit, so that doesn't help me but seems to help others. I find staying busy helps the most.

Take a look around at the threads here, I'm sure you can find one you fit into but that gives you the support you need. I understand -- maybe you don't want to hear -- "it's okay, tomorrow's another day", but instead "this is what you are doing wrong and here are some tips to help you out of your rutt".

Good luck, it's always going to be a struggle, but we can control it -- eventually!!
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 11:29 AM   #4  
Staying on track!!

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/175

If you are having a hard time right now, just stop trying to lose, and work on just maintaining. You've come a long way, and maybe you need a break. Enjoy your success, and get used to eating at maintenance. Maybe for a few months, even. Then, you can decide what you're willing to do to lose the rest.... Hang in there! You've done great!
shyla2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 11:39 AM   #5  

I totally know what you're going through. Try to take things one day at a time... after eating way too much during the last couple of weeks at school (exams, etc.) I'm setting mini goals each day to get me back on track: for example, today I'm not going to consume any refined sugar and get my calories back to 1500 (I've had a couple of 2500 calorie days lately!).
kitkat1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 01:03 PM   #6  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

I disagree with some of the other posters, because I think this is NOT the time for you to just take a break. It sounds like you're binge eating on the "bad" foods, and you've been doing it for the past 2 weeks. THAT was your break! NOW you need to stop! Here are some ideas that might help:

1. Get the "bad" foods out of the house, right now! Throw them in the trash and pour old coffee grounds on them, whatever it takes! You cannot eat a donut that isn't there.

2. Get a supply of "good" snacks that you can use to put on the brakes. You know what these are. Baby carrots, celery sticks, apples, other fruits.

3. Figure out a plan! You mention you gained weight and lost it and gained it, but what program were you following? You might do better with a more structured approach, like Weight Watchers or some other formal program. At least planned meals and snacks would be a good move.

4. Get on the scale. Write down what it says. Figure out how many donuts you are already carrying under your skin. Want more?

5. Start keeping a journal where you write about your relationship with food. Why do you use food for comfort? What else might you do instead? What unconscious beliefs might you have about losing weight? All of these questions might lead you to some insights.

6. Do not give up! Hang in there! Stay on track! You've come a long way already!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 06:11 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 167/140/128

Height: 5'2"

Sometimes its nearly impossible to stop eating when you're in one of those bingy modes. I counteract this by not keeping junk in the house when possible (DH being a problem) but making sure to have plenty of healthy things to snack on. I know I can't stop myself when I feel like snacking, but I can save myself a ton of calories by downing healthier things that are still tasty (like packets of kashi oatmeal or fresh strawberries with lite cool whip-that's my latest one). I found that when I didn't have anything healthy but snacky in the house but felt like munching, I would order out or eat DH's junk foods. I stopped losing for about 2 weeks and then realized I need healthy snack foods around for the munchy times (yogurt, lite babybell cheese w/ whole grain crackers are some others). Also, my bingy periods rarely last longer than 3 days before I'm sick of food and feeling full, so if there's a way you can establish control after a few days of filling up, that would help. I guess my point though is that just willing yourself not to eat doesnt always work, so have a back up plan.
Mami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 08:15 PM   #8  
Is on an Infinite Cut

S/C/G: 165/152/140

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mami View Post
Sometimes its nearly impossible to stop eating when you're in one of those bingy modes. I counteract this by not keeping junk in the house when possible (DH being a problem) but making sure to have plenty of healthy things to snack on. I know I can't stop myself when I feel like snacking, but I can save myself a ton of calories by downing healthier things that are still tasty (like packets of kashi oatmeal or fresh strawberries with lite cool whip-that's my latest one)
I have to agree with this statement.. plus strawberries and lite cool whip is very low in calories but just enough to make you say mmmmmmm
Ready2ShedLBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 12:46 PM   #9  

Default wow

thanks so much for the super advice and my subconscious must be in tune with the advice I have received - I cleaned out cupboards this weekend and bought some great food - fish, lean cuisines, fruit, etc. and I bought junk food for the kids and dh that I did NOT like!!! - so no temptation there... A break sounds like a great idea but I know from experience for me a break leads to weight gain so now that spring break is over and I go back to teaching tomorrow I am back on that wagon again - if only winter would end here (from NY supposed to get 10 inches of snow tonight) I would start walking again - I hate walking in the cold or indoors. I did go clothes shopping Saturday and have gone down another size - original was size 20 and now I am a size very comfortable 12 and a hair away from a 10. Just chatting with everyone here has already improved my outlook THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! Is there anyone that would like to start a daily support thread right here? If not, I can always look in the threads to find a spot!!!
3mom is offline   Reply With Quote