General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 04-12-2007, 08:41 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Default Hockey Playoffs Have Begun

Holy lengthy games Batman ... I had to go to sleep and watch highlights this morning.

I thought Pittsburg looked green and Ottawa looked like they were floating and skating over a green team. If the Sens rest on their more mature laurels, they could be in trouble.

I'm pretty sure the Ducks aren't underestimating Minnesota but a bunch of fans probably are. The Wild are not schlumps.

I haven't seen much of Nashville in the regular season. I don't like them. San Jose winning that one is OK by me.

I'm really struggling with Dallas/Vancouver. I have never like Vancouver and I've always like Dallas. However I probably should be more nationally loyal. If the Stars are as tired as I think they are and more games go into overtime like that ... Vancouver could beat them.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 11:57 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/194/160

Height: 5'4"

I believe the Sens will take this Series. The game last night was fantastic, and this city is full of Sens fever!
bibbityboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 12:06 PM   #3  
Ari

S/C/G: 400/341/150

I like Dallas and my husband likes Montreal (our home cities) but since Montreal's out I guess we get to cheer for Dallas. Or he'll pick some other team. I was pretty disappointed in the refs for the season because on more than one occasion the cameras are zoomed in on one guy hitting another guy in the face with a stick and the refs wouldnt do crap about it. We'd wait until after the game to see if the league would give a suspension... I like to watch hockey fights but some stuff is just dirty , like hitting a guy when he's fallen on the ice trying to get back up. I hope the refs are a bit better for playoffs.
Ari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 01:29 PM   #4  
Joanne

S/C/G: 267/250/170

Height: 5'7"

Gotta stand up here for Vancouver -- YAY Canucks!!!! My sweetie was at the game(s) last night -- he had to give up near the end of the third overtime period --- the parking garage closed at midnight LOL. He went to the game in his new Canuck jersey that he had signed just the week before by his fav player Trevor Linden.

Until the Canucks are out I am hoping for them all the way --- when I started my job here 13 years ago it was the day of the 7th game (Vancouver vs Rangers) -- pretty exciting times that we haven't seen since.

Joanne
Jayjay55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 03:41 PM   #5  

Smile

Thank you, Canadians, for giving us Ice Hockey!!

First ever playoff game tonight in Atlanta. Thrashers vs Rangers.

Go Thrashers!!!
SouthernComfort257 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 04:47 PM   #6  
Addicted to potato salad!

The playoffs start for us at 8pm tonight against the Islanders!!

GO SABRES!!
techwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 07:00 PM   #7  
Rose

S/C/G: 156/150/135

Go Sabres!!!!!
Rose2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 07:41 PM   #8  
Susan

S/C/G: 220/161.5/145

Height: 5'6"

Yes, go Sabres!!!
Artemesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 07:48 PM   #9  

Looking forward to Saturday's game. I think people will see a different PENS team on Saturday. AND....... I'm going to the game Sunday in Pittsburgh so I am excited for the first PLAYOFF game in the BURGH in quite some time. I am sure my BOYS in Black and Gold will not disappoint!!!!
chelbell95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 07:50 PM   #10  
Mel

Go anybody but the Sabres! or NJ...can't stand Brodeur!

Hockey ended here around Christmas What a horrible season

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 08:36 PM   #11  

Brodeur has grown on me. Years ago I thought he was a fat head ... but I don't mind him now.

Poor Calgary ... this is not good.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:37 PM   #12  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Do all hockey players have mulletts?

Last edited by EZMONEY; 08-03-2007 at 10:01 PM.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 07:55 AM   #13  

CBC broadcast the Calgary/Detroit game. Even tho' I like the Wings very much this year, it was not a good game. I switched and watch Sabers/Islanders instead. Much better hockey and a better match than I expected. No I don't think the Islanders can beat Buffalo, but it was good hockey.

I really thought Atlanta would have the newbie floaty elation to beat the Rangers. Didn't see the game, don't know what happened there.

Tampa and New Jersey are very different teams. I guess I'm not surprised that the Devils won. But I'm not sure they're sturdy enough to go very far. They don't have much besides Brodeur.
Old 04-13-2007, 12:33 PM   #14  
Addicted to potato salad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMONEY View Post
Do all hockey players have mulletts?
No, but they'll all start sprouting beards now, during playoffs. My daughter is growing in her armpit hair for the playoffs. Gross. Good thing bathing suit season doesn't start around here till at least late June Daddy won't allow her on the boat like that!

Mel: Well, I'm assuming you're a Flyers fan? If you hate the Sabres then you must love your new goalie The Flyers are quite lucky to have Marty, in fact. He's, arguably, as good as (if not better than) our starting goaltender. Things will be looking up for the Flyers next year with him in the net. But I'm with you on NJ. I feel bad for the fans and players, but that owner just has to go down in flames of humiliation.

Chell: You're so lucky to go to a playoff game.

Susan: I quite liked the Sabres game too!
techwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 12:42 PM   #15  
Joanne

S/C/G: 267/250/170

Height: 5'7"

Ahh the Hockey Mullet -- lets hope we see less of them -- LOL

Southern you are most welcome for Hockey -- you must be too young to remember the Atlanta Flames (now Calgary). I hope you enjoyed your first NHL playoff game.

My friend's step-son was in the NJ organization and the owner is even more crazy than what you see in the press -- good thing he got traded to Minnesota a few weeks ago.

Oh Calgary where were you last night?? I will get more interested in the next round -- right now there are too many teams playing -- too confusing for this Canuck.

Ok my Canucks are back on tonight and lets hope the injuries won't take too much of a toll.
Jayjay55 is offline   Reply With Quote