Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 11:41 AM   #1  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 220/188/170

Height: 5'5"

Default Superfoods RX Supplements

I got an email for a free trial of this supplement that is supposed to give you all the benefits of eating these 14 superfoods. I don't know too much about it, but I would love to try it. It's supposed to help with skin, hair, metabolism (through nutrients), energy, everything! Has anyone tried it? It has a free trial offer, but after that it is 54.95 per 60 day supply. I wouldn't mind paying it if it is as good as they make it seem. Thanks in advance for the feedback chickies.

http://landing.superfoodsrx.com/
Old 04-12-2007, 12:03 PM   #2  
it's always something

I'll search my browser history to find it, but just yesterday I was reading an article about superfoods and supplements that said to avoid supplements that are supposed to provide the benefits of superfoods. It said that they try to push them based on specific nutrients in the superfoods that make them so good, but that the body doesn't receive them the same way unless they come from the whole foods, due to the benefit coming from a combination of the specific nutrients along with everything else in the whole foods. I don't know if that sounded right I'll try to find it. Basically, they said it's not the same thing and there's no evidence that the supplements work the same way in the body.
Old 04-12-2007, 12:07 PM   #3  
The last 10

S/C/G: 200/140/130

Height: 5'8"

I checked the full ingredient list. I would rather eat mine than take two tablets at 30 calories and 3 fat grams. Most of the ingredients to be quick about it, are either vitamins you can receive from an average over the counter multi vitamin and the other ingredients are from the foods you should be eating, for example, green tea, green peppers, fruits, spinach, apples, broccoli, etc. Things that are already low in calorie and should be included in any diet to lose weight. I tried to copy the whole list here and break it down but the site wouldn't let me. http://landing.superfoodsrx.com/ingredients.htm
So here is the link. Try to eat the things listed here. Oh, and as far as Omega 3, try Salmon, it's deliscious and extremely low in calories!!!
Old 04-12-2007, 12:09 PM   #4  
The last 10

S/C/G: 200/140/130

This is also included on their website.......
The products and the claims made about specific products on or through
this site have not been evaluated by the United States Food and Drug Administration
and are not approved to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease.

This is their disclaimer. Buy at your own risk.
Old 04-12-2007, 12:30 PM   #5  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 220/188/170

Height: 5'5"

Thanks for the quick replies chickies...
When I looked at the super foods list, I thought about the fact that I like all the foods on the list I think, and I probably could just eat them. But I didn't know if I would get the same amount that I would if I had taken the supplements. If I took them, I would take them in addition to the whole foods, not as a replacement. I don't know, I may take the free trial. I don't want to take them if my body doesn't reicieve them as well though. I guess I have to think about it some more!! I may just stick to my multi-vitamin and add Omega oil supplements. THANKS LADIES!

PS: I LOVE SALMON!
Old 04-12-2007, 12:32 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

I read an article yesterday (MSNBC?) about the fact that supplements are not watched by the FDA and many of them do not contain what they say they did. The article was talking about a condroitin supplement that was supposed to have a certain number of grams of condroitin (per the label), but when tested, it had less than 1% of the stated amount! It sure makes you think about all those supplements out there--are they really good for you? Do they really contain what they say they do? Very scary. I know several years ago, there was a push to regulate the industry, but it was shot down (probably by the industry itself).
Old 04-22-2007, 04:40 PM   #7  

Hi, I had tried this product awhile back. It did help me get on my way to losing weight. What I didn't realize is that unless you send the product back before 30 days is up, you will be charged for it. So it is not really free after all.
Daisy88
Old 04-22-2007, 05:13 PM   #8  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Since you like the foods anyway, that is definitely the way to go. Eat the whole food whenever possible, because there just might be lots of as yet still unidentified good stuff in there in addition to the stuff they already know about.

Medical Science really doesn't know everything about the good stuff in food yet. They may think it is the X, Y, and/or Z content of a food that makes it so wonderful and so that is what they put in the supplement. Then along comes another 'breakthrough' that proves it is really the W content and everything else is useless without W.

Yep . . . real food is a good thing to eat.
Closed Thread