The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 04-01-2007, 03:02 AM   #1  
Wild Angels

Height: 5'2

Default New show when?

I've been out of the loop here for a while, so this may have been covered under another link. If so, I haven't been able to find it, so hopefully you guys won't mind if I ask again.

--when is the new Biggest Loser supposed to air again?

--why did the host step down and have someone from a soap opera show take over her duties?

--has anyone heard of the Australian Biggest Loser being made into DVD for distribution here in the states?

Thanks!
Old 04-05-2007, 09:57 AM   #2  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

They were doing auditions for the next show in January and February so I imagine that they are filming now. The past 3 seasons the show usually starts in September. I'm not sure why they picked a new host, I think there is a thread around this forum that talks about the new host.
Old 04-06-2007, 06:49 PM   #3  
Wild Angels

Height: 5'2

Ahhh. Ok, thanks!
Old 04-12-2007, 06:34 AM   #4  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Allison Sweeney, a soap actress from Days of our Lives is going to be the new host. Don't know what the rationale is behind changing hosts. Keeping it fresh I suppose.
Old 04-12-2007, 11:11 AM   #5  
Nursing Momma

S/C/G: 312/247/212

Height: 5 ft 7 in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen View Post
Allison Sweeney, a soap actress from Days of our Lives is going to be the new host. Don't know what the rationale is behind changing hosts. Keeping it fresh I suppose.
Years ago, Allison Sweeney lost a bunch of weight. The rationale is probably that by the end of the seasons, Caroline Rhea looks like she is the one in need of losing weight (instead of the contestants) and by having someone that has sucessfully lost the weight and kept it off for years it's a better example?

BTW - I do like Caroline Rhea, and I don't necessarily think that she needs to lose weight - it's just what the tv shows by the end of the seasons. I'd be thrilled to be her size.
Old 05-04-2007, 07:37 AM   #6  

If anyone gets the Style Channel they are running some Biggest Loser from 3pm on. I do not know what season as I only watched last year. Kathy
Old 05-04-2007, 11:33 AM   #7  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

I've watched Alison Sweeney for several years on Day's of Our Lives. She's a very pretty and curvacious (sp) woman. Because she is not a stick with skin over the top, she has been given a hard time about her weight. I never thought she was fat. She was a teenager with the babyfat-pudge going on and it stuck with her a while, but again, I NEVER once thought of her as fat. She has since shed this weight, but she still has her curves. It sickens me the way Hollyweird wants all the actresses bone thin and all botoxed out.