Old 04-06-2007, 10:21 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 501/412/150

Height: 5'6"

Default I have a long WEIGH to go! hahaha

Hi, Just wanted to see how this thread thingie works. I am excited about this website, I think it is wonderful. I am thanking God for it.
Since I have a long, way/weigh to go, I think I am going to need lots of friends to help me along the way. I want to also be a help and support to you guys too. Well I started my lifestyle change on my birthday Jan. 1st and weighed 501 and I have lost 36 pounds so far. I have many health issues but I am not going to let all that discourage me. I am going to make it all the way! All the Weigh down to 150 pounds!
I had given up trying after what seems a lifetime of failed sucesses. I would lose a 100 pounds and then put it back on. I did this at least 4 other times. Plus every diet under the sun. You know they all work, it was just staying the course! But This time I feel is truly different for me. Because with God's help, I took a real hard look at what was going on, on the inside of my heart and mind and did a whole lot of work to resolve most of those issues. Now I am free on the inside, many of those very old wounds that had been open since I was a very young child, are now all healed up! I still am working on others. But I can look in my mirror now and actually love the person I see! I never could do that before, not ever. I hear no more evil negitive self talk anymore! Thank God! Since I have accompished eradicating these internal weights and wounding, I have noticed the external weight is dropping off. I am eating mostly what I call foods by God, you know , like an Apple 71 calories, 0 fat many health benifits plus fiber. Not Apple Pie Slice 411 calories, 23 g of fat, no fiber ect. . .
I have to eat very low sodium too and find that God's food that he created and designed perfectly for our bodies, is also by nature low in sodium. I use lime juice to replace salty flavor and it works GREAT!
Well I have rambled enough. Just wanted to get to know some folks and hope some reply to my little blog post. hahahaa
Love your new friend, Gwyn Happy Easter too!
Gwynditmars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 03:01 AM   #2  

Hello Gwyn!!!

Welcome to the site. I'm usually just a lurker but your title cracked me up. Honestly I laughed for five minutes. It's amazing to hear how far you've come and how much healing you've done. Kudos and Congrats. Keep up the good work and know that'll I'll be lurking around your blog, cheering you on.
:
SeekingBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 06:58 AM   #3  

Hey Thank you so much! I was worried no one would post my thread. Or even read it. It is nice to know you took the time to do so and I do appreciate your kind and encourageing words too.
I like the ticker you picked it is very pretty.
Glad to know you are there. Cheers to you!
Your Friend, Gwyn
Old 04-07-2007, 10:14 AM   #4  
Trying Intuitive Eating

S/C/G: 430/ticker/138

Height: 5'5.5

Welcome Gwyn! Just wanted to say hello and let you know I admire you very much for starting your journey with such good cheer and such a great attitude. Congratulations on your first 36, and we all look forward to sharing your continued success!
MetaChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 10:29 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

WELCOME Gwyn! This is a great place for support, ideas and inspiration! I hope you like hanging out with us!

Please join us in our weekly numbered threads! There's the main one "300+ and Ready to Try again" and one for chicks 40+ ("Old Hens"). The main thread moves FAST, but there's lots of support there!

Last edited by Heather; 04-07-2007 at 10:45 AM.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 11:47 AM   #6  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Hi there Gwyn!
Its not easy. We all know that. But with your faith and your friends here, we will help you succeed.
Brenda
going to lose 200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 07:27 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 465/442/150

Height: 5ft 5in

Default Hi Gwen

I'm in the same boat as you. I have so far to go. But I feel like this time, I can do it. You can too.
Rita351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 01:35 AM   #8  

Thank you all so very much for your kindness in replying to my Thread Post. I am blessed by all your encouragment and kindness. Your new friend, Gwyn

I WILL DANCE AGAIN!
Old 04-11-2007, 08:10 PM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello Gwyn and welcome.

I am glad you have found your way here. I haven't been here for too long myself but love it as for me it is filled with real people, all having a lot of weight to lose.

So the support of others is great and we CAN all do this together.

Jennylee
Jennylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 06:15 PM   #10  

Hi Gwyn!!

I just joined a few days ago and stumbled upon your post just now. You seem like you are in the right place to do this "this time" and I wish you all the luck! We started around the same time and you are already beating me by 16 pounds! LOL Good for you girl! You are going to do it, I just know it!!! NEVER GIVE UP!!! I have to tell myself that EVERY DAY!!!
Jennski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 12:26 PM   #11  

Default Thank you all!

Thank you all so very, very much for all your love and support! We will all make it!
You have all been so kind to me and I so appreciate each and every reply! This is so encouraging to me! I keep checking everyday to see if someone else has made a post.
It is exciting for me to do this. Since I am so heavy and in a wheel chair, I don't get out much and my PC is my way of communicating with the outside world.
I am very excited to go and get weighed at the end of this month. I tell you I can hardly wait!
Never would I have believed that I would come to a place in my life where I would actually want to and look forward to going and getting weighed! hahahaahhaahahahahahah
GOD BLESS ALL
YOUR SWEET HEARTS!
Love your new and forever friend, In Christ, Gwyn
I WILL DANCE!

Old 04-20-2007, 03:29 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Hi Gwyn,

A belated from me. You seem like such a lovely lady and your cheer and enthusiasm is really uplifting. I am sure with your wonderfully positive attitude you are going to shift those lbs and I'll love being able to for you as you do I can't wait to hear how your WI goes and although you sound like you definitely don't need it

Hugs,

Ammi
AmmiUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 03:10 PM   #13  

hi gywnn you found the right web site for support. these ladies help me every day on my long struggle to lose weight!
toofatforu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 12:51 AM   #14  

Thank you my friends!
I messed up for the 1st time since I started keeping track. I was at a walmart after a doctor appointment. I stopped in at the deli on my way out and staired at the chicken wings, I was very hungry and my blood sugar was low, I gave in and orderd a pound of asian boneless chicken wings. I didn't eat them all but I ate a whole bunch of them.
I gave the rest to my husband. I really don't feel that badly about it. Just gave in to temptation. So I messed up. I am right back on track and that is that. Next time I go there I think I will not go near that already cooked
yummy foods deli counter! Also I won't be going into walmart sugar crashing hungry anymore either. I know better, I could have just as easily peeled a tangerine or eaten some other item that was on my diet, I WANTED THOSE ASIAN CHICKEN WINGS!
I just want to be honest with my new friends. One thing I am proud of me for is that I also was tempeted to stop in at the Mcfatolds and get my past binge foods! Thank God I did not listen to that noise too!
They have a McFatolds at my walmart It is usally not hard for me to get past that place, but when my sugar is that low, it is much harder do. But I have and will keep up the good work at leaving that place where it belongs!
IN MY PAST!
Well this Sunday after Church I will be going to get weighed. I really am excited to go and see what has happend through the month of April! I only weigh once a month on the last Sunday of the month.
I will be posting a report here on my Thread when I get weighed. Also I am excited to move my little ticker down a few pounds!
Well that is all for now. Love in Christ, Gwyn
P.S. please feel free to talk to me about your day too.
Old 04-29-2007, 12:42 AM   #15  

Oh yeah I forgot to mention that Dana on another thread found the most awesome FREE NON PROFIT website that offers a free course of study it is called the Lords table and I am on Day 2 now and loving it. I would highly recommend it to anyone! Love Gwyn http://www.settingcaptivesfree.com/l...ble/course.php