Old 04-11-2007, 10:40 AM   #1  
superchicken

Default New Member's Story

Since I am new here I figured I’d like to share my story. My name is Donna; I am a 20 year old college student. I was always happy with my weight. At 5’2, 156 pounds and a size 10 I didn’t think I was overweight. Okay I felt chunky but not overweight. Well 3 weeks ago at a check up with my OBGYN, he said, “ I am sure you are not going to be surprised by this but you are overweight. Not just overweight but a hand full of pounds away from being obese.” How could I not be surprised at that we ever thought 156 pounds was obese! I sure didn’t. I sure do not feel obese I still can by clothing in the juniors department. Then he told me that by my next visit in September that he wants me to be 125. I thought okay I can try that it can’t be too hard… but all to quickly he added that he wanted me to be 110 by next March. 110 is soo little that’s like a child. But that’s what he is asking from me. I went home wanting to cry but I sucked it up and asked around on what I should do since I don’t eat fast food or drink soda I couldn’t figure out what I had been doing wrong. My best friends mother told me to try weight watchers. She had lost 45 pounds on it. I looked over her week one book and realized that I could do this.
I was down to 153 after one week, and yesterday I found out that I am 147!

I would like to add that I am greatly inspired by the woman on the 3fatchicks forum. I am happy I found this it is a great motivator.
superchicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 12:07 PM   #2  

Height: 5ft 4in

and congradulations on the weight loss so far!!

I am 5ft 4in and when I got pregnant with my 2nd 3 years ago I weighed 156. The dietition that I had to see (due to gestational diabetis) told me that 156 was borderline obese. I could not believe it! I was crushed. My long term goal is 125. This site is great!!

Good luck!! You are going to find some great people here!
adaem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 07:44 PM   #3  
Goddess in disguise

S/C/G: 211/205.5/135

Height: 5' 5''

Default Keep up the good work!

Well, first off I know what it is like to be told by your dr that you are obese. The first time was when I was about 21 and by GP told me that at 175 I was obese. I thought I was just "chubby". Weight Watcher is a great motivation and I have been on the 3 chicks forum about 3 weeks and it never fails to keep me plugging. I am back on my diet after 2 back to back pregnancies so I'm up to 211 now, but hoping for 140 in my future (about a year). Anyway do not let your dr tell you how much you should weigh if it is too thin for you. Some drs just look at the chart and not the whole person. I'm 5'5 and if I weighed 120 like my dr said I should be then I would be a toothpick because of my bone structure.

Be yourself and you will be beautiful.
Mz Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 11:05 AM   #4  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Welcome Donna! This forum is a great means of support. Feel free to join us on the weekly threads!
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote