Old 04-11-2007, 09:40 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 254

Height: 5'3"

Default Fluctuation

Have you had issues with your weight fluctuating from week to week. I have had some weeks where I gain 4-5 pounds and then the next week is 1-2 pound loss and then I'm back up again, and then back down. But, I stay within the same 10 pound range. Is this a plateau? How do I get out of this up and down in the same range and keep moving forward?
julzchiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 10:13 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

Are you talking about day to day fluctuations or are you talking week to week? I certainly have day to day fluctuations that sometimes are a pound or more. That is why I only COUNT the weigh-ins on Monday. Sometimes they can be very frustrating but if the general trend is down then I keep my chin up!
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 10:22 AM   #3  

Day to day fluctuations are normal. On a plateau your weight remains pretty much the same. It sounds like you need to be sure and keep your food journal, write down every bite, lick and taste before you eat it and actually weigh and measure your portions. Look at what you are eating. It is good nourishing food or empty calories from 100-calorie packs, fast food, junk food. What you eat is as important as how much because your body handles carbs differently than carbs and fat different from those 2. Are you exercising at least 60 minutes a day 6 days a week - that is the minimum to have exercise contribute significantly to weight loss. Post a day's menu and let us see if we can better help you.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 11:42 AM   #4  
Bringing SexyBack ;)

S/C/G: 346/271/150

Height: 5'5"

I agree. Make sure that everything YOU can control is in control before you think you are on a plateau. Once you are absolutely sure of that, there are many strategies that can help you shake it, like zig zagging your calories and your exercise routines.

Good luck!
SexyRevealed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 12:07 PM   #5  
Losin' it forever!

Oh yes! Last week my weight was 292...yesterday it was 295 and today it is back down to 293. Insane, yes. I just keep plugging away and then I'll have a week where I seem to drop 2-4 pounds. Hang in there, it's normal!
LakeGirl is offline   Reply With Quote