Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-10-2007, 04:27 PM   #1  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Arrow An odd thing just happened to me.

I was reading a thread here on 3FC and glanced at somebody's stats over on the left. I'll mix it up a bit to make the person more anonymous, but they were along these lines: 231/174/140. I looked at it and thought to myself - Hey she's done really, really well so far and will be at goal before you know it. And then it just hit me. Me too!!!!

I always try to avoid looking at my stats. That 287 lb number freaks me out a bit. But seeing someone else's stats, it was kinda eye opening, I really have come pretty far and I too am getting closer to my goal. It's sometimes hard to see things on ourselves I suppose.

I really don't like looking at that 287 lbs. starting weight. Maybe I will elminate it and just leave my current and goal weights. But then again I suppose I should keep it up there as a reminder to myself of just how big I actually was. Hmmm, I actually WAS, I'm not anymore. I'm not. This is all too weird.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 04:31 PM   #2  
Doughnut

S/C/G: 161.4/158.6/130

Height: 5'5.5"

DON'T DON'T DON'T eradicate your starting weight. You're on a support forum and do you have any idea how inspirational you are to newbies in your position? I'm sure you do but I can see that what you' ve achieved is so amazing that sometimes you probably can't quite believe it. Are you going to post pictures when you're done? I really hope so.
Doughnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 04:38 PM   #3  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I agree. Don't get rid of your starting weight. It is where you came from and you have gone far.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 04:51 PM   #4  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

robin, keep your starting weight! you should be proud! and I agree, can you imagine coming here as a newbie, wanting to try yet again, not paricularly confident that it can be done, but seeing all the 100lb tickers...holy crap that it is possible!!!!!
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 04:54 PM   #5  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

You ROCK rockinrobin!!! Yeah!! You are an inspiration, and you have indeed come a loooong way!

And you can keep going!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 04:55 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 196/159.6/150

Height: 5'7.5"

I have to agree with everyone! Keeping your starting weight up there not only shows how far you've come, but when you reply to other chicks' posts they can say, "Wow, she really knows what she's talking about! Look at how great she's done!"
maegdaeien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 04:56 PM   #7  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

rockinrobin - I can't tell you how often I read your posts and think - hey, if she can do it, MAYBE I can, too! If you take away that number (and it's just a number right?!) newbies like me have no frame of reference.

Now, that's very selfish, too, I realize - but wait - won't the 'freaked' feeling pass? How many other times on this journey have you felt 'freaked' about something? This is probably not the first (or maybe it is! LOL!), but it is, of course, up to you.

All I can add is that you are a HUGE inspiration to others, and not JUST because of some NUMBER on your stats. You have a lot of great advice and words of support.

Thank you

Heather
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 04:59 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 167/140/128

Height: 5'2"

Are you kidding Robin?? I closely read all of your posts that I run into when on here. You are very inspiring and give good ideas and I think of you sometimes throughout my day. Definitely keep the starting weight as a reminder to all of us that healthy and improved lives truly are possible.
Mami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 05:01 PM   #9  
Beach Babe Wannabe

S/C/G: 257/226/125

Height: 5' 4" - 51 years old

Rockin,
isn't that the BEST feeling!!!! you have to get used to the "smaller" you.. I still, when I am thinking about my weight (the number) almost think 250 something.. I noticed your stats right off and was very inspired myself.. so I agree.. that "beginning" number is important to others.. and you should be so freaking proud!!!!
Runundefined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 05:10 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 234/154.4/120

Height: 5'6

For me, it was like.... I woke up one morning and realized that I was 50 lbs lighter than I used to be! I have that little problem, where I think I look exactly the same way that I used to... even though, after losing 50 lbs, it's near impossible.
FreeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 05:24 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Robin~I agree with everyone--keep your stats! It shows just how much you have accomplished. You don't want to erase that! I have the habit of looking for stats (before checking avatars or tickers) because I like to see where people have come from.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 08:34 PM   #12  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Default Keep 'em, Robin!

Hey Robin!

I must echo the crew here...KEEP 'EM! We all must know where we are going, but we must NEVER lose sight of where we came from either! Your journey began on September 4th of last year, and everyone needs to see how remarkable that journey has been!

Cheryl
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 10:15 PM   #13  
Token Rooster? ;)

S/C/G: 185/138/~135 to maintain

Height: 5' 6"

robin, you rock with your progress so far & so keep on rockin' - and I agree that you should keep 'em, though I kind of understand how you feel -- and I look my starting and go "Gosh, I was THERE?!" and whenever all those news reports come about how dieters usually regain their weights and then some, I ponder if I can go back to my big ole self again.

But then soon after I think of y'all and how far we came and how we are all make lifelong choices to help us maintain happy, healthy bodies - and the starting weight doesn't look nearly as scary.
AquaWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 10:33 PM   #14  

I know that my stat bar does help me when I'm depressed about having a harder time losing weight now. I don't like that I'm stuck in the high 170's/low 180's, but then I look over and can say "Wow, is it ever nice not being at 260! Like you, I hate that I was ever that high. But it is a fact of my life. And hiding it will not make the past go away. But it does good for keeping the present in perspective!
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 11:45 PM   #15  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

Keep your stats, Robin! I agree with everyone else....sometimes you need to look at them to remind yourself of the accomplishments you made. I look at my own stats periodically and am just overwhelmed. I NEVER thought this was possible, yet here I am! What a revelation! Also, I know how much it helped me to see other people in the same boat I was/am in. I used to think I was the only 246 pound gal out there (knowing full well that wasn't true, but feeling that way anyway) and it really inspired me to see others with similar starting weights who were now at different points in their journeys. I don't think those others will ever know how much they really helped me along the way!
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote