Old 04-10-2007, 05:26 AM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default Daily Chat Thread Tuesday April 10

Good Morning!!!
Well we moved to our "new, upscaled, beautiful" nursing unit that is the most impractical place ever...We have 25 beds(from 45) and today we have 83 patients which will be loads of fun to balance them through the 25 beds The best part is there is no place to drink water cuz every place there is "on stage" where patients/families can see U...and the best is no place for nurses to sit cuz it is for the doctors and anesthesia...I should hit goal really fast moving as much as I do!!!I left work feeling dehydrated, tired and really bad headache..WEll..enough griping at 4:25 AM--off to the races!!!!
Have a great day all!!!
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 05:40 AM   #2  
Rooster

S/C/G: 237/233/180

Height: 5'11"

Ah yes, the "dreaded" return to work. Nice to see that RR is just as enthusiastic about work as I am.

To everyone who wrote yesterday offering support, I say Thanks! Things aren't so bad that I'm going to start looking for work (yet), especially since it would likely mean relocation and I hate moving. You see, the city I live in is a very small city (less than 90,000 people) so jobs in my field -- IT Security -- aren't abundant. It would likely mean me moving and, as I said, I'm not keen to do that. And I actually like my work and am quite happy when I am doing that work...the problem is that right now, I'm not being 'permitted' to do that work because I got sucked down a different rathole. So, between that and the political bologna that goes on (have I mentioned that my Team Lead has not set goals/objectives for our team for the year? And here we are in APRIL?!?) I find it extremely irritating and frustrating.... But, I have to stay focused on the GOOD THINGS right? *sighs* 74 days until vacation....

I was still into the candy yesterday though not as bad as on Easter. I think that this is one of the benefits of actually being at work -- not sitting around near to the snacks and stuff. And I'll have my co-worker who'll get my butt off the chair to hit the pavement at lunchtime as well. (Maybe even motivate me to get on the treadmill. ) Nice weather for the rest of the week as well, so there's something positive to think about.

Hopefully I can get my rear in gear and mind & willpower back in focus.

OH YEAH! One last thing: I think we're mostly ready for the train show. The modules we have aren't anywhere near completed - but the electricity flows and the track mostly works. Need to spend most of my free time cleaning the track so that I can make the train go flawlessly.

Speaking of going, it's time for me to get going (and make the doughnuts ). Stay Strong, Stay Focused, and Stay Happy. (One of us might as well. )

:Lawrence
RXZephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 06:35 AM   #3  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Good Morning all~
Well the hubby left again yesterday. I must say I miss him when he is gone and always glad when I get to see him for a few days, he was home for three weeks, and when you are used to doing everything by yourself well you get the rest of the picture. He called 3 times last night and finally I told him I was going to bed. I think maybe he might of felt bad for not spending alot of time with us while he was home.

I started back on my eating today. I have really just done the yoyo thing.

RR: sounds to me like your work is going to get plenty of complaints. I would take several mugs of Ice for Ice water, Grab a drink here and there. That is just crazy I hope your day goes better today.

Rooster: You are just a kick in the pants, I hope your day goes well and things shape up a bit. It is amazing how people keep their jobs when they are not doing their jobs right! Good luck witht he train show.

Have a great day everyone~

~sheila~
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 08:39 AM   #4  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All!

Sorry I didn't check in yesterday, I started a new temp position (2 wks.) and didn't get much chance. It's OK, but I definitely would not want this perm. I don't like the location and if I don't get here really early, it looks like I won't get any princess parking. Today I had to park 3 buildings away!! Not soo bad this time of year, but would suck in the winter. But I'm hoping temping in this position for a couple weeks will help with getting the position in their other location, which is more desirable to me.

I scanned through yesterday's posts, but I don't have time to respond. Hope everyone is OK!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 08:57 AM   #5  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

wow, a few vets.........nice to see everyone. anyone heard from stevi?
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 09:05 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 145/130/125

Height: 5'5"

Hi all!

Thanks to those who offered their support with the viewing I went to. The mom was holding up well. She has four other kids (!), so I know she has to keep going for them.

Missed going to the gym a few days, but tried to keep moving playing with my son. We also bought one of those mini-tramps/rebounders. I thought it would be good to jump on whenever I get a few minutes...keep the metabolism up. Hubby and I also got my son little lacrosse sticks, which hubby and I have been playing with primarily! Haa!

I've been using www.calorie-count.com Gatorgal, is this the one you use?

RR: Work sounds crazy! That's crazy that you don't have anywhere to sit down, while the doctors do! Sit on their laps, if they're a McDreamy or McSteamy that is! Haaaa!

Lawrence: Don't you just love the politics of work...that's why I'm glad I telecommute 4 days a week!!! My son is obssessed with trains...we just went to the train museum in Baltimore. He was in heaven! Good luck with your show!

Sheila:

LBH: LOL about your tantrum man for your 3 building walk! Hey, think of all those extra calories you're burning!!
flitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 09:46 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

morning all..darn, i've gotten alot accomplished since i've been up. Got up at 5.20, walked the dog (at a very fast pace) for 35 min, then went to the barn to feed and clean the ponies. and the person who fed last night left the barn in total chaos, and there's a new horse....so therefore instead of my hr cleaning it took me much longer. But luckily i did get a 25 min ride in on my horse (although i think i made record time cleaning and tacking him up LOL). Now i just took a quick shower, saying a quick hi...before i have to get to work at 11. Hopefully i can stay this energetic the rest of the day.
Flitter - i use fitday.com. never tried calorie couter. I think as long as you are using something...good for you. If you have trouble finding some nutritional info (fitday has poor selections sometimes), then go to calorieking.com they have lots of stuff, including lots of chain food resturants.
rr - sorry to hear that the new "great" place is so inefficient...it seems like that happens alot?
Roo- hang in there and good luck on the train stuff
hey there holy...been a while
lbh - hopefully you'll get the offer of the other position and not have to worry about parking.
okay..i'm off...time to go get dressed..by all.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 11:55 AM   #8  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Good morning everyone. Been and going to be! a busy week here. I'm taking Cassie to Johnson &J'ohnson's testing facility for a study today. I don't know what we will be testing, but I have to take shorts and a tank top so they can take pictures. Hmm, sounds like we will be testing lotion. These studies are fun and they pay pretty well. $75 for two hours. The only problem is that it's a bit of a drive. MIL will be watching Alex for me so it will be a mother/daughter day! LOL.

I have been a total brat with the Easter candy. Hmm. Gotta get that chocolate out of the house!! I'm so weak where cholocate and ice cream are concerned. I have NO self control!

RR: Doesn't it figure they give seats to the doc's, but not the nurses? One of the long-term care facilities I worked at did that with nurses/therapists. We were not allowed to sit at the nurses station to chart, but we weren't allowed to take the charts someplace where we could sit down. If we were lucky they would let us take them to the dining room across the hall. It was so hard to concentrate if some of the louder pt's were in there.

Zephyr: I hope you are allowed to do what you like soon. Do any programing? My husband's company is looking for some people! They do document management sort of stuff. Of course that would be a HUGE move.

GG: Hope you aren't so bored today. I need to get my cat into the vet. She is supposed to be on thyroid meds but she won't take them. I tried hiding them in food, she quit eating wet food all together. I tried just forcing it down her throat and she hid from me for two weeks. Poor baby girl. I'm embarassingly late getting her back in.

Lauren: Better luck on getting a parking place tomorrow!

Hello Flitter, Sheila and Holy! !!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 12:42 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

karen - FYI...get your vet to get you a transdermal tapazol (thyroid meds ) the vet can get it from a compounding company...it actaully works great...all you have to do is apply it to the ear tip. One of the few meds that will work transdermal. Then you don't have to worry about shoving a pill down your cats throat. And really with cats with hyperthyroid issues..if you cant do the radioiodine ($$$) then meds are a must..otherwise cat can have heart issues, kidney issues etc. good luck!
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 01:03 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Hello Everyone!

Busy morning on this end as well so this is just a quick "Hi!"

KarenK ~ I've been wanting to participate in various studies. How did you find out about it? My niece works for a marketing company and she was telling me that they are always looking for people. Sounds like decent $$$ for a few hours here and there.

Time to go take the girls to swim lessons. Hope that everyone is having a good day. It is *finally* warming up a bit here in St. Louis.

By the way, we haven't heard from Kerri in a while.... She's dropped out of sight since DH came in town:-) :-) :-).

Later ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 01:05 PM   #11  
LBH

LADIES!! (and RX!) Just a reminder!! 3FC went to a lot of effort, not to mention $$$, to provide us with a nutritional database right here!! Please check it out... http://www.3fatchicks.com/food-calorie-counts/.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:31 PM   #12  
Rooster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBH View Post
LADIES!! (and RX!) Just a reminder!! 3FC went to a lot of effort, not to mention $$$, to provide us with a nutritional database right here!! Please check it out... http://www.3fatchicks.com/food-calorie-counts/.

I looked for the Cadbury Creame Egg and the Crunch 'n Munch that I'm eating here at my desk and didn't find either of them.

*sighs* I'm SO bad.
Old 04-10-2007, 03:09 PM   #13  
LBH

Quote:
I looked for the Cadbury Creame Egg and the Crunch 'n Munch that I'm eating here at my desk and didn't find either of them.
Yeah, and all I can think about all day is biting the ears off a darn bunny!! Oh well...
Old 04-10-2007, 04:03 PM   #14  

Height: 5' 7"

RX, step away from that Crunch 'n Munch, I looked it up on another site (sorry Lauren) and for 4 ounces it is 510 calories. The Cadury Eggs were 150 calories each as well. Do not go near them!!!

Hello to everyone else, I am not in the mood to really talk, I am just feeling yucky. Nothin' is wrong, just kinda a blah day.

Take care and talk ta y'all tommorrow.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 04:41 PM   #15  
Rooster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lppennington View Post
RX, step away from that Crunch 'n Munch, I looked it up on another site (sorry Lauren) and for 4 ounces it is 510 calories. The Cadury Eggs were 150 calories each as well. Do not go near them!!!
Oh, I know they're bad. As I was munching on the CnM, I was looking at the nutrition information on the side of the box. 1.25 cups = 210 calories. Seeing that the box contained close to 5x that amount, I'm looking at almost 1100 calories from that. *sighs*

I was just having a rough day back at work and I needed something to make me feel better. It'll be a better day tomorrow, I hope. Well - at least one where I won't be snacking on the bad stuff.

I'm SO ashamed.