General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 05:59 PM   #1  

Default was anyone else in disneyland over spring break?

What did you think?

It was busy!

Liz
Old 04-06-2007, 06:21 PM   #2  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

LIZ ~ I live about an hour from DISNEYLAND ~ haven't been since 1994! Really want to go back. My kids 23 and 26 go at least once a year. When they were little we went more often. They went to christian school from pre-school through 8th grade, we always went the week after Easter because that was their break. Almost always good weather and less of a crowd.

I hope you enjoyed your trip! Gary
Old 04-06-2007, 06:49 PM   #3  

I wish!
Old 04-06-2007, 07:15 PM   #4  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

I wasn't there but a good friend of mine was. He said it was fun but a lot of the rides were closed due to renovation? Did you ride Space Mountain for me? LOVE THAT RIDE!
Old 04-07-2007, 01:56 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

We weren't at disneyland but we were at Disney WORLD. That was just crazy. 2+ hour wait times for space mountain, splash mountain, the hang gliding one, etc. Not only was it spring break but they had cheerleading competitions so there were tons of little girls with pigtails and waaaay to much makeup running around everything as well.
Old 04-07-2007, 02:34 AM   #6  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Once I had a MAGICAL disneyland experience...we were there for Sarah's dad's birthday. It was mid-August, but NOT too hot. No ride had a line over 30 minutes, even though it was a Saturday in the middle of the summer. Of course, I was in a sling from straining my rotator cuff, so that was a bummer - don't recommend going on any rides that slam you into the side of the car when moving your shoulder hurts - on the plus side, I was drugged on some semi-serious painkillers (I think it was vicodin...I needed a dose after some of those first rides, slamming the shoulder into the ride car...indiana jones = bad decision) which made the rides (even the semi-lame ones) MUCH more interesting. Especially Space Mountain...which is my favorite. And I got much better about positioning my shoulder so it slammed against my partner or her dad, not against the car, as the day went on...nice and cushy.

We go every year for Sarah's dad's birthday. Its his favorite place.
Old 04-10-2007, 05:42 PM   #7  

Very interesting.

The line ups were about 20-30 mins.....except for peter pan which was 60 plus.......there were alot of locals there ezmoney......spent time chit chatting in the lines....it was great for my 9 year old who loves california screaming......but not a very restful trip for mom..........space mountain....yes did it and enjoyed it....my fav by far is hollywood hotel......awesome!!!!!!!! I also like pirates and the rollercoaster (thunder mountain).....anyhow will likely never go back....should I give disneyworld a try?

Liz
Old 04-10-2007, 06:19 PM   #8  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Liz, I've never been to Disneyworld either but I hear it's a completely different experience--much bigger, more parks to explore, etc. I got a chuckle out of your statement "...but not a very restful trip for mom..." it's Disneyland, guaranteed to make your kids so happy they have a meltdown Just curious, is it the location or the experience you had that you would never go back? Oh yeah, Tower of Terror is another GREAT ride.

I'm planning on taking my son to Disneyworld when he's 10, that gives me almost 2 years to save up and plan.
Old 04-10-2007, 06:24 PM   #9  

OH no I love disney........but it was my third time and there are so many other places in the world I want to go.....love it though...........if I lived closer I would go a few times a year.

Liz
Old 04-11-2007, 01:46 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Even though I haven't been to Disneyland to compare I would definitely recommend Disney World. The place is huge. Between the 4 main parks, 2 water parks, downtown disney, and the resorts you could spend a week or two and still have stuff to see. Our trip was rushed because we were there for my husband's work conference and only had Saturday through Tuesday and left early Wednesday. The amazing part is you don't need to drive anywhere. As long as you stay at a Disney hotel there are free buses that take you everywhere in Disney. We're already planning our next trip back!
Closed Thread