Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 07:49 AM   #1  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Cool Regal Procession of the Faire Queens to Summer

OK, 'tis only 1 week or so past the equinox and here we are thinking of summer! What are your heart's desires for these few months? State your goals and let's get ready for our summer tiaras and frocks!
Old 04-03-2007, 07:10 AM   #2  
the sword bearer

Yes they are really funny....they love rabbit raisins!

Arabella, sorry to hear about your sisters' straits...how can you not file income tax for that long without someone catching you? What kind of candles?

Sounds like you are coming along Anagram. OUt in the gorgeous weather. yesterday. Thinking about your BIL.

Have a programme this morning and I got a last minute work opportunity yesterday that shot my day....so I gotta run!

Old 04-05-2007, 07:50 AM   #3  
the sword bearer

Have reset my goal to try for goal weight by July 1st. Have 20 to go exactly! I think I shall do this...and if I don't I'll at least be closer to it!

I was panicing when the recall came up...because one of the foods...canned..I was using is on the recall. I think it is made in one of the plants that has been OK, but I'm not using it anymore. Cooked ground beef, with garlic is what they get on their kibble now. I am using a large breed formula, for sensitive skin made by a company who so far seems to do their own food. Menu Foods is a Canadian company, but the affected plants were in the States...I follow the story nearly daily.

Well, gotta go...tomorrow is a Stat Hol, so I must shop today.

Old 04-06-2007, 01:18 PM   #4  

Hoo Boy, a new thread! Thanks, ceara. And wonderful news, Kaylets, may yours be the first in a round of really good news for the queenlies. So glad there's a ray of light for sis, WN. You can feel good that you helped but she's got know that you can't turn your whole life upside down. (We do do that too much, don't we?)

I have been doing well -perhaps too much so because I got a mite carried away and now my knees are acting up. Hobbling is not good for knees esp. when two of them are metallic. So I'm resting up a bit. Had told DD I didn't think I'd be down for Easter and she took it coolly and gave me until today to decide. I'll probably go - because I want to - but knee/foot care is much easier here. She's worked to arrange transport with my bro driving me halfway tomorrow and sis doing same Tuesday. Then friend doing same next weekend when I need to go down again. Hopefully DS will be able to bring me totally home after pin is removed - ELEVEN MORE DAYS.

BIL seems to be doing very well with surgery (thank goodness) but, of course the BIG QUESTION is what will the lab stuff show as to spread. Sis is staying Baltimore to be there everyday. His son and two grandkids did show up here this morning though.

Had sixteen various relatives stop in this morning - from Alaska, Arkansas, Texas and N. Carolina plus a few from PA. Including 4 little boys under four! It was a relatively short visit and I fed no one (though bro did bring some snacks and he made tea, etc.) They had done the same in Nov. but it may now be a fairly long time until I see them again.

Did a relatively small decluttering/rearranging job yesterday. Not tempted to go outside much now that the weather decided it doesn't want to do April anymore but to make up for one of those mild winter days. Poor daffs look so sad

Guess i'll go call DD and tell her I won't be difficult and will come. Always love to be with the princesses but this cold spell has RA making life a bit tougher. I'm fortunate both kids seem to want to have me around and the princesses make me really feel important. Don't feel much like packing up again.

Anyway, goals for the Summer Solstice. Well, just get more active and more back in synch. These last several weeks have taken some punch away for sure. I CANNOT WAIT TO DRIVE - MUST START LISTS OF WHERE TO GO. Of course I haven't bought gas during this recent upsurge and may have a coronary when I go to do it.
Old 04-08-2007, 09:23 AM   #5  
the sword bearer

Good luck Anagram...I think a list of where to drive is a great idea. Something to look foreward to. Are you having to wait until the pin is out to drive? Is it one of those that stick out? I hope you had a good time with the princesses. I am having a few people in for dinner...we are having ham, not people though!

Anyways...church shortly and then home to clean!
Old 04-08-2007, 12:06 PM   #6  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Smile Happy Easter, Queenlies!

I found you! I'd just been linking to the old thread so I didn't realize we were in business again on a new one (Thanks for posting, Ceara!) Then I thought it was getting a mite quiet... Eventually the penny dropped and I came to the thread list to check -- WALLAH! We are reunited. I'll slip over and drop a breadcrumb at the end of the old thread.

I'm reenergized, it seems ... yesterday I scrubbed kitchen floor on hands and knees w. Curly Kate and TSP to remove the waxed-in dirt that previous owners had left behind. And then put a coat of wax on the CLEAN floor to keep it nice. Today I'm scrubbing the rest of the kitchen. I may actually get through the whole house this spring clean season.

Why do I have all that time, this festive weekend? Because we're in the midst of a BLIZZARD -- more snow down already than we've had so far this year. Three parties cancelled -- one last night and two today. Would have been nice to see folks but not possible so I'm enjoying the day I've got.

I'm noticing a seemingly effortless change in my eating habits, too. When I'm hungry I look carefully for my best choice (and if occasionally less than perfect, never anything bad). And seem to easily stop when I'm full, never think about food when I'm not hungry. This'll work! Onederland, here I come!

Ceara, have fun with your dinner! Mmmm... I love ham. That's what our brunch hostess was going to serve. Ah well... I've got tandoori chicken marinating for tonight so we have a nice dinner to look forward to.

Can you say hi to Queens of yon Realm for me? I just find that it's hard to keep up two palaces. Not to say I won't be back, but in the meantime...

Anagram, I guess you'll be off and enjoying Easter w/ Princesses and family. Nice! Yes, I feel a bit of the pressure off since my sister has a bit of a plan. I really have felt a lot more able to cope since you reminded me that I can't take on the task of fixing her life.

K, Lovelies, I must be off. Fritter away a bit more time and then finish the kitchen for today.

Old 04-08-2007, 03:31 PM   #7  

Hello all,
Thanks for the new thread.... its perfect timing... Glad most of us are up and at 'em.....

Not ate them... at them.... hmmmm interesting how so much ties right into food w/out me realizing it....

And that it my ephinany this spring..... that I am either obssessed w. perfection regarding food or in total denial.....

So...
I am vowing to be much less obsessive. To take back the power I have given food...To have far less guilt... to live and let live.....

hmmmmm

Here too, weather is too cold to want to be outside. Especially since we had some springlike days already, this cold snap is misery. I too feel joints aching reminding me that pounds lighter means joints have a easier time of moving...

I also am playing "How many trash bags ?" as I travel from room to room....

I even have filled a box of books for the library sale or Goodwill, whichever comes first... and expect a 2nd one will be filled soon too...
Funny how as I empty one shelf, I find more to should go on another....
How boxes under desks, in closets, stacked "discreetly" are really full of more things that should be let go.....

And still, with the document shredding..... its amazing.....

Hope all are well today.

I just saw a couple of snow flakes.... guess I should go make sure I still know where the shovels are!

Take care all~
Old 04-09-2007, 07:12 AM   #8  
the sword bearer

Ham was good, the whole dinner was good. My SIL and bro brought these absolutely wonderful cheesy scallopped potatoes, I had the ham, fresh brocoli, caesar salad and yams, Mom brought 2 pies, biscuits and coleslaw. So, it was a good meal.

Now today I have water retention....salt. Oh well, it was worth it!

Gotta go!
Old 04-09-2007, 05:40 PM   #9  
deleted2

I've traveled thru the bleak hinterlands to wave hello to my royal friends! 'Twas the lights in the palace windows that led me on---so good to see Kaylets, Arabella, dear Anagram! AND Ceara, who magically transports herself hither and yon!

I want to try to get back here more often--I really do. Things are going well for me. I'm taking more chances and putting myself out there more. Currently teaching a Pilates class at work and will be teaching a bellydancing class in May and yoga in July so I'm staying reasonably fit. Still in the process of losing those last 10 pounds [actually 9 pounds at this point], and feeling hopeful.

Recent adventures include Garry buying a new juicer, so we're having fun juicing all sorts of fruits and vegetables. Pretty amazing; really gives you a lift. I'm even thinking of quitting, well, cutting wayyy back on coffee!

Love to all!!!

Old 04-09-2007, 10:59 PM   #10  
wsw

hi eydie-so nice to see you!

kaylets-congrats on your promotion!

ceara-thanks for starting this new thread!

arabella-congrats on those pounds down!

hi anagram-so glad to hear your recovery continues on course. not driving for a long while after surgery can really be maddening, i know. hang in there, and try not to overdo too much, anyway.

this whacky weather with winter back these past few days+ has confused all the poor flowers that had bloomed so beautifully. it snowed the other night a bit, after being 75 degrees only a couple days before. ms technical difficulties, however, didn't seem to be tricked by the return of the cold weather, unfortunately. ah well! have remained op and kept up with exercising, so pleased about that. way past my bedtime, so will sign off. thinking of you all. take care.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:09 AM   #11  
the sword bearer

Morning! I have a cold....which I am not thrilled about. SO I must go medicate it and then get some brekkie and plan for programme this am....2 year olds and their Moms...it is fun. I wonder if I can sing?

Ah Well, tough. I'll croak. Then afterwards, I will go for a walk. I have a busy week shaping up here...work today, then 2 shifts tomorrow, plus adult book club. Then Thursday shift, and Saturday. Hmmmm. Will keep me outta the fridge!

Yes wsw...the poor things....I think they may be OK though...the daffs are sticking their heads up a little!

Have a great day ladies!
Old 04-10-2007, 09:44 AM   #12  

Smile Good morning, Lovelies!

All goes well here -- did a half-hour on the mini-tramp and then 40 minutes of yoga/meditation. I'm going to a sound yoga class at noon -- almost told myself I didn't have time to do it but am just darned well going to

And I'm taking Reiki training Friday evening and Saturday. It's the introductory part. Once I take the second section I'll be able to establish a practice if I want. May be something I'm moving towards, gradually... whilst maintaining my "paying the bills" job.

Oh, Ceara! How crudly to catch a cold at this point of the year! May it be mild and fleeting. I'm so thrilled for you reaching goal by Canada day -- there may be fireworks to celebrate!

WSW, yup, I'm wondering about my flowers, now under a foot or more of snow. Ugh. All that was blooming was brave little crocuses. I hope they're still okay...

Eydie, what a treat to see you in here and hear about what's going on! Wish I could be there to take your bellydancing class!

Kaylets, what a good idea, that "How many trash bags" game. I must play, too. I seem to be in declutter and clean mode, always a good sign.

Anagram, that sounds like a managable visit from the 16 relatives. Still, a lot of people to have in at once. Hope your Easter in Princessland was blissful!

K, Lovelies, I must get some work done before I'm on to the next frolic! Let's make this a good one!
Old 04-12-2007, 08:46 AM   #13  

Good rainy, stiff, yucky morning, Royals.

So good to hear from you, Eydie. Sounds like you indeed are having new adventures and really putting you in a new place.

Thinking of you, ceara, as big dog show in town this weekend - Blue and Grey Cluster (?) - 156 breeds - close to 1500 heathens, I believe.

course I'm not going - this "not going' is wearing thin. Even though I was at DDs over the weekend and did go to Mass and dinner. We were twelve at dinner and the chilluns' choir was sweet. Princess Almost Eleven sang for the last time with the group and Six going on Seven was most enthralled and performed well.

Bro ended up driving me all the way down as DSIL went to emergency room Sat morning. All sort of ok now but it was a hectic weekend. By Sunday he was not really well but soldiered on for the Princesses. Came back Tuesday courtesy of DD driving me part way and DS/BIL bringing me the rest of the way.. Getting ready to go down again on Saturday (courtesy of a friend and DD) - will get pin out of foot on Tuesday (FIVE MORE DAYS!) and hope DS will be able to bring me up on Wednesday.

I have my list ready of little places to drive when I once more can. It is all getting SO old. Since March 7th, I've been away from a house (either mine or DDs) only a very few times - like 2 doctor's appts (w/breakfast after one), one lunch, then the trip to DDs and Easter out, then the trip home (big meal en route). Not much for such a long time. Oops, I went to Mass w/neighbor one other time. Still not much.

Did more shredding yesterday while doing laundry in the basement again. Really the best that can be said about that, is that it's a bit more decluttering.

Hi, wsw, you inspire me that you keep on with your plan despite all. Arabella, I don't know what that is that you're planning to do tomorrow night. May it go well, anyway. Wonder how things are going in FL for FLower.

Still trying to get the joints to want to move but move I must. Keep on inspiring me s. I need it. Really though it should me enough that my forsythia is blooming and the daffs, narcissi, hyacinths and a few early tulips are shining despite the cold nights and the gloom of today. Guess I need both!
Old 04-12-2007, 08:50 AM   #14  
the sword bearer

Yup...and that is the first one I've had this season. Guess I was lucky! However it is already breaking up so it was a fast cold...I love the horking stage.

It seems pretty QUIETin here...did y'all drown in the rain? Are ye lost? Hello?

Well, it has been raining here...after the snow last week...and the mud abounds. However the good news is that the bulbs don't appear to have lasting damage...the daffs are shooting their little heads right back up after bowing under the weight of the snow. So all is good in my world! I like daffs.

Well, must be off and walk in between rain showers if possible. Aimin' for at least 20 minutes per day up to Sunday....I usually go longer...if I promise myself 20 minutes then I give myself permission to go further if I feel like it. Some days I wonder how to carve out the 20 minutes of time...but I do. I am important too....and am finally figuring that out!
Old 04-13-2007, 08:58 AM   #15  

Smile Snowing AGAIN!

Good morning, good morning! We've had some lovely sunny days this week but here we are commencing with our second snow storm in less than a week. What are ya gonna do? I ran out early to get to the gym, hit the vet's and the grocery store and am now likely in for the duration. If it's as nasty as they suggest the Reiki training is likely to be cancelled, I would think. Going to just have a nice day, whatever. Even if I do have to work.

Anagram, Reiki is a little like therapeutic touch and works with the body's energy pathways and the healer's intention. It sounds a bit woo-woo but ... I guess I do believe in that type of thing, the power of intention, our ability to heal and so on. I'm not sure if I'll ever get into it in any big way but it's interesting to learn. It's something we often do intuitively, sending healing vibes, etc. only with more method and a bit more formalized.

Won't be long now before you'll be able to GO as much as you want!

Ceara, I'm glad to hear that your daffs survived! There's not much cheerier than a daffodil. I just adore all the spring flowers. It's really the best time in our flower beds here. Summer they get to looking a little bedraggled. There's much room for improvement

K, Dollings. I must get some brekkies, shower and ... actually do some work. Love to all! Let's make this a good one.
Closed Thread