Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 09:35 AM   #1  
GmaTo8

Thumbs up Weight Loss and Chitchat #246

Hello and to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting. So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome.
Old 04-09-2007, 10:14 AM   #2  
GmaTo8

Good morning, ladies,

PinkJane - aww, I'm glad your DH made it home for Easter. And hold on, because warmer weather is headed your way in a day or two, I believe.

Jules - too funny about the "girls". I too would spend money on a boob lift if I ever get to, and stay at, a goal weight. They bother me worse than a wrinkly face.

Tammy - so how'd the big dinner go? Yay for sending the leftovers home. I did the same thing, and feel good about that.

Sue - a stationary bike would be a good choice, unless you have knee problems like me. Now that I can't walk the treadmill because of my foot, I wish I had my glider back! I think I'm stuck with having to do floor exercises like we did in gym class.

Mindee - let's hope your DD doesn't join us 2 weeks late! Gina is ready right now for little Jackson and may have to take a leave from work early.

Judy - good to see you!

Sassy - you're awfully quiet! How was your Easter?

Hello to Marti, Cristina, Jodi, Mary Kate, and everyone else reading this.

I had a whole, long paragraph about the drama at my house yesterday, but since so many people from my church, etc. know about this place, I edited it out.

I bought my flowers for the garden, and am just waiting for warmer temps to plant them. I couldn't get any Baby's Breath yet, but the nursery owned told me she'd have it soon. And after reading about the complicated care of carnations, I decided to pass on those. Today I'm going to make a layout, according to plant height and color, so I'll know where to plant what, lol.

Have a great day!

Last edited by Jane; 04-09-2007 at 10:20 AM.
Old 04-09-2007, 10:21 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 180/178/130

Height: 5'0"

Default There's no "I" in TEAM!

Hello Ladies!

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

Well, I have some news about my 2 daughter's WI at Curves. After one month of working out at least 3x a week, my 16y/o, Claire, had lost 3 pounds and 5inches.
Heather, the 12y/o lost 7 pounds, and 5 inches.
I'm happy to see that both of them are watching what they eat now, and comparing the amount of calories of a candybar or something healthy.

I'm so glad that when I decided to make changes for myself, I made it a group effort. We all needed to make lifestyle changes, and involving them has made it more fun!

I don't know what made me decide to even start the wt loss thing. I went to my dr for a checkup on Feb 19, and realized that my wt was at an all time high. Being only 5 feet, that was NOT GOOD. And considering that I have high blood pressure, definitely not good. So that very day, I asked my dr to help, and it's been downhill since! I feel great, and even though I still have a way to go until I get to my goal, my clothes are fitting better, I'm wearing things I haven't worn in years, and I'm not as sluggish as I had been. There were days I didn't want to leave the house, I was getting so bad.

At the time I decided to do something, I read about this website. Talk about good fortune. Thank you all for being there, reading about me, and sharing all of your stories.

P.S. Jules and Mindee: Come on down! There's still plenty of room down here in this state for new residents! lol

Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-09-2007, 10:37 AM   #4  
GmaTo8

I forgot to say this: although I had some extra calories yesterday, I didn't go overboard at all. Plus, I've been strict about the water and vitamin and I've PMed someone who can help me with advice on what to do now that I can't walk on the treadmill any longer.

Judy - yay for you and your DD's progress!
Old 04-09-2007, 11:37 AM   #5  

Height: 5'1"

Morning Ladies...

WI today and I'm the same. And with TOM being here.....that's pretty good!!

Had a great weekend w/Jhanai. We went through her room and boxed up things. Her room was probably the most organized and easiest to go through!!

Welcome to Celeste. I see you're from Oregon. I'm south of you....waaaayyy south. But will be moving a little North here in a week or two.

Hello to everyone else out there!!
I've got some calls I need to make this morning before work so I need to get moving. I promise that once we move and everything settles that I'll be able to spend more time here again. And able to do individuals more!

Sending hugs to you all!!
Old 04-09-2007, 12:21 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 248/223/130

Hello ladies.Well this is 3 weeks with no loss.I am making a full commitment this week to be down next week.i just haven't ben trying hard enough and i've got to get serious.april is almost half gone and i have to make my goal for april.i'm going now to get on the elliptical.have a great day everyone.I WILL HAVE A LOSS NEXT WEEK!!!
Old 04-09-2007, 03:39 PM   #7  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

I am on Josh called this morning and we talked for a while. He is glad to be back in ____ after being on almost a month long mission near the big sand box. I could tell it in his voice. He is starting to count the days till he gets out, lol! Also, I am down a pound, almost two actually. And...I started walking today. I planned on two trips around the park but that darn wind was bitter cold. At least I did something. 3/4 of a mile is much better than nothing at all.

JANE...sorry about the drama at your house yesterday. And WTG on staying OP!

SASSY...thank you sweetie for the Easter Card, just got it today and it is so cute! Love the doggie!

4AMY...good for you for not getting discouraged!

SUE...WTG on getting your walk in! I didn't make my walking goal either and that's okay. I wasn't into it at all. I've got to get myself motivated again somehow. I think with a loss this week it helped because I want to continue to lose!

JULES...I used to buy the OshGosh & Carters for the kids when they were little. DH thought I was crazy for spending that much on a pair of jeans for a 6 month old but whatever. Jason wore them and then they were still in GREAT condition that Josh wore them too. There were a few pair of jeans that I even passed on to Carrie, lol! I loved the little jumpers for the girls, soooo cute!

HI CELESTE and Look forward to getting to know you.

PINKJANE...are you sure you're not in KS, lol? We are having the exact same weather and frankly I am tired of it. Glad DH was able to get home for Easter and I hope you guys had a wonderful time.

MINDEE...will you have one of those family rooms? They have them here and it's like staying in a motel. You have the room to yourself with a queen bed, tv, table and chairs and the family can stay with you if you want them too. I thought that was so cool.

JUDY...add another to coming to FL if this weather doesn't warm up. WTG on you and your DD's! That is great that you guys did it together.

MARTI...you guys are going thru what we went thru just a few weeks ago. Can't believe it's going on three weeks that we've been here, already! It will all be over before you know it and you guys will be enjoying your new home, and lovin' it!

Hi to everyone else

Take care ladies and I hope everyone is having a wonderful day!
Old 04-09-2007, 05:36 PM   #8  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Fly by until later..... I just came in from a 2 mile walk. It is/was 43 degrees and not as windy. If it stays like this or warmer I CAN do 10 miles this week. I missed last week, only 7.5 miles.
Weigh in and I am down another pound. I think if I can ramp up the walking I can lose 2 pounds this week...*fingers crossed* I have never been able to lose 4 or 5 pounds a week like some people...not after the initial water weight anyway.
Hey...I will take it....slow but sure.

back later to chat
Old 04-09-2007, 09:52 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 240/172/165

Height: 5'2"

Good Evening Ladies

I just finished on the treadmill and thought I would say Hello...it was a little bit warmer today, made it up into the 40's...suppose to get flurries over nite, oh joy!!...I did Hip Hop Abs today for 30 mins and who knew I even had abs LOL, I know now they are screamin at me...I put a chicken breast in the oven before my walk, it's smellin pretty good, either that or I am just hungry LOL...Hubby is on his way back to Jersey, he's so excited LOL, he keeps tellin me he gets paid to drive, I get paid to listen to him complain on the phone...he was hitting Chicago at rush hour and it was snowin so he was doin some of that complainin LOL...well I am gonna finish makin my dinner and watch CSI Miami...Have a Good Evening Everyone.

Jane - Sorry to hear about the drama at dinnertime, sounds like your garden is gonna be beautiful

Cristina - it's been awful hasn't it, we're in for more if the weather channel is right(they never really know til they open the window in the morning and actually look) I am truly sick of cold!

Good Nite Everyone

Pink Jane
Old 04-09-2007, 11:10 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 205/193/155

Hi everybody.

Well I am stuck for yet another week on my weight. Been here for 3 weeks now.

Yes, my mil did fix lasagna for Easter dinner. She is a strange one to say the least. Anyhow, my sil did come thru with the ham and it was VERY good- lol.

So, when would you all suggest calling to check on the job if I don't hear anything? The guy said he had 2 other interviews to do. I know that he offered me Fri am or Sat am. I also know that after my interview he was leaving for the day, so that means that he might have done 1 or both of the other interviews Sat or today. I really thought I might hear something today, ok so patience isn't my strong suit- lol

It is supposed to start warming up later this week. Hopefully I can get back to walking. I have kinda fallen off the wagon and I need to get back on.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:16 AM   #11  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Jane~ I hope she doesn’t decide to join us two weeks late! After having two late boys, I am ready for an early girl! I can’t wait to see pics of your flowers when they start to bloom.

Judy~ Tommy keeps talking about moving if the economy here gets any worse then it already is. That is great news on your daughter’s WI! I have always liked to have a work out buddy….and who better to be a work out buddy then a daughter or sister.

Marti~ That is good news about your WI! I love the new avatar. Your dog is such a cute little thing!

Amy~ Good luck with your goal! I can’t believe April is almost half over with already…..where has this month gone to?

Cristina~ That is great news that you got to talk to Josh. When he gets out, is he out for good? Yup, I will have my own room. They call them birthing suites here. I had my own labor room with Brandon, but then got shipped to the post partum ward after I had him. With Logan, I had my own LDRP (Labor, Delivery, Recovery, & Post Partum) room and it was great! And with this delivery, I will again have my own room. It sucked some big toes when I had to get moved after having Brandon. I lost a couple things in the transition….nothing major just the extra sanitary napkins that they gave me.

Sue~ Great job on the loss! Great job on motivating yourself to get in those miles!

Jodi~ Good thing your SIL came through with the ham!
Old 04-10-2007, 11:37 AM   #12  
GmaTo8

Good morning, ladies,

Sassy - thank you for the Easter card. I got it yesterday, and it was sweet of you to send it.

Marti - just a year ago I was boxing up everything to move, and I hope I don't have to go through that again in my lifetime, lol. It's so much fun, though, to get into the new house, that it's worth it. I just love your house! Being a homeowner is very liberating.

Amy - with your good attitude, I think April will be successful for you.

Cristina - how much longer does Josh have until he gets stateside again? Yay for your weight loss/exercise progress.

Sue - I've always read that, unless a person's starting weight is very high, a 1 - 2 pound loss a week is best, after the initial water weight loss. Consistancy is what I'm going for at this point. No more yo-yoing!

PinkJane - lol, what in the world is hip hop abs? Whatever it is, it sounds like a lot of fun. Can I come join you? Oh Lordy, I can't imagine driving in Chicago during rush hour. I was just there, and WALKING during rush hour is dangerous enough! Those cabbies can get downright ugly with their horn-honking and cussing! Gotta say I still had a lot of fun, though!

Jodi - I'd go ahead and call today, if I were you. I used to be a Personnel Director, and when someone would call me about their application, and they were in the favorable stack anyway, I'd put it at the top because I knew they really wanted to work. Since you've already had the interview, it doens't hurt to expect an answer. Just a thought.

Mindee - wow, I didn't remember that the boys were both overdue. Does your doctor think Marissa will follow that pattern? Hopefully there's no bearing there.

Hello to all others.

Although it's too cold to plant the flowers, I sat down yesterday and made a diagram on paper of what's going where. I planned for all the perennials to go on one side of the garden, and the annuals to go on the other. That way, next spring, we can till up the one side w/o bothering the perennials. I frankly can't wait to get going with this project.

In the meantime, Mt. Washmore is calling!
Old 04-10-2007, 03:33 PM   #13  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies

JANE...I bet your garden is going to beautiful! Josh is supposed to head back in a few months, that was the plan originally. They said they will have to stay a couple more months but then changed that as well so who knows. With all that's going on they won't tell them until a few days before most likely for security purposes. But the'll have them packed up probably a month before they actually do leave.

JODI...I too would call today or at least tomorrow. I wouldn't let too much time pass though. Keeping my fingers crossed that you get it.

PINKJANE...to say the least! I am hating this weather and just want to see the sun! DH worked in Chicago years ago and said the traffic there is horrible! Sorry your DH had to deal with it.

SUE...I'm with Jane...consistency is what I am going for as well and is best! I think, anyway. I just told DH yesterday leaving our WW meeting that it doesn't matter how long it takes to get it off, as long as you get it off. I want to ensure that when I get it off it stays off so 1-2 pounds a week is good for me. I think you are doing a great job!

MINDEE...wish they had those type of rooms when I had the kids, they are nice. I saw them when I did some volunteer work at the hospital a couple of years ago. Bet you are counting down the days.

Hi everyone else

Nuthin' much going on with me today. Went to pick up V's cake and balloons and ran to the post office. He is going to kill me when he sees the gag gifts I got him, lol! Had to do the over the hill stuff, lol! Working on getting some laundry done. And that's about it today. Going to do a walk on the treadmill as soon as I get off this thing and then another later this evening. Can't get out in this stinking weather to do anything. Well, I did take Ernie down the street twice. Kind of funny trying to hold the leash and an umbrella with the other hand and the wind blowing 100 mph, lol! Surprised it didn't turn inside out. Anyway...take care ladies and I hope everyone is staying warm!
Old 04-10-2007, 08:36 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 240/172/165

Height: 5'2"

Good Evening Ladies

Well the rain finally showed up around 4 this afternoon and now we have a snow and blowing snow advisory for all day tomorrow, suppose to get 3 to 6 inches, which usually means about 1/2 an inch, they never get it right LOL...Hubby called earlier he was in DC at rush hour, fun,fun,fun...he has to deliver in Jersey at 9 am and then pickup and be in So Carolina at 6 am on Thurs...I did 30 mins of Hip Hop Abs again today and I can honestly say I hurt LOL...Just finished my 60 mins on the treadmill and gonna make a turkey burger for dinner...Deadliest Catch is on tonite and then Workout, I am hooked on those two shows LOL...I have to pick the boy up at work after 11 so I am hoping the snow doesn't start tonite, we shall see...Well have a Good Evening All, be good and if you can't be good be careful

Jane - LOL Hip Hop Abs is a workout dvd

Cristina - LOL be careful you don't blow away, this weather is crazy

Good Nite All

Pink Jane
Old 04-10-2007, 09:25 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 205/193/155

I was going to call about that job today, but my hubby talked me out of it. He said that since we didn't know for sure when the other interviews were going to be, then I needed to give it a week and if I haven't heard by Friday to call then. I also talked to a friend who does hiring and she told me that calling today would be too soon and that I should send a thank you card to the guy because that would set better with an interviewer than a phone call. So I dont know....
I wish I knew one way or the other, I do not take waiting very well- lol
Closed Thread