Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2002, 05:06 PM   #1  

Default how do I do it?

I have been wanting to lose weight for a long time. I put on several pounds over the past 4 years, and I keep intending to lose them. I've joined a gym, have a million exercise tapes, had a nutritionist and have been to weight watchers.

In all cases, my brain knows what to do, but I totally ignore it. I'm getting married in 6 months and in 8 I will be performing on TV (a long-time dream). These are not my reasons for losing, but I thought the pressure of these upcoming events would get me going.

Boy, I was wrong! I still have done nothing to get back to the size I want. And my goals are realistic and everything!

Any help, out there? How do you motivate yourself to even begin?
Old 02-21-2002, 07:10 PM   #2  

Default How do I do it???

Hi ,
I was doing the same thing for the past few months. I kept starting a diet ,would eat somehealthy meals and unhealthy meals also. No amount of pressure in your life will help you lose weight. I cant describe exactly how you will feel when you decide to : JUST DO IT . I woke up one morning as if I had been blind, deaf and mute for so long, like if I was in a coma. I looked at myself andhad a knot in my throat.I told myself it took me a few years to put on this weight I cannot make myself dream that I will drop all these pounds in 1 or 2 months. I have reached my goal weight before only to fail BECAUSE I stopped exercising almost completely . Yo Yo dieting screws up your metabolism BIG TIME! I did not know it almost shuts down your metabolism completely if we keep Yo Yo dieting. This is why this is my last time doing this, once I get near my goal I am joining a Gym here just to maintain my weightloss.You said you have 6 months
till your wedding . Eating healthy and walking at least 45 min 5 days a week, you should be able to lose at least 50 lbs.I gave myself a dozen excuses and now I dont allow any excuses for myself anymore. I dont mean to be rude or harsh in anyway but only you can decide when the time is right.
Please post updates! Try different lowfat products . I have bought many lowfat foods only to throw them out because they are NASTY! But there are a few that will amaze you.
Dont give up,if you cheat on a meal ,make your next meal a healthy one.
Gen
Closed Thread