Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-07-2007, 09:39 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/172/130

Height: 5.0

Default ok, with all the kids' easter candy in the

house, i might just be coming here hourly for a pep talk.... i'm daydreaming of dove truffle eggs, they're evil so far just looking at the calorie count has stopped me from giving in to just one...that and the fact that they aren't opened yet.....
but i have to make up those baskets yet....sigh....wish me luck. it may not be the 'best' or 'healthiest' choice, but it was the best, healthiest choice i can make at this moment....indulgence in a bowl of reeses peanut butter puffs. (carefully measured i might add lol!) i'm still within my calories...or I was....now I'm done for the night....
from my lips to His ears that I will keep that in mind while making up baskets.
Hugs
tracyg
tracyg40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 10:21 PM   #2  
Is on an Infinite Cut

S/C/G: 165/152/140

Height: 5'4

good luck girly.. im made mine last night and i ate 3 robin eggs and 2 nestle eggs.. i was actually proud of that
Ready2ShedLBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 10:26 PM   #3  
Dieting Diva

I am waiting for the darn heathens to go to sleep !
No, not really- they have been pretty good after being cooped up all day. We were spoiled last week with really nice spring like days and poof- it was snowing here in Texas this morning.
I have this tiny amount of room for strawberries. I bought myself a quart of Strawberries to eat on this weekend. I did not buy peeps or those sugary eggs with the hard outer shell and soft inside, which would have done me in. No sticky jelly beans nor gallons of whopper robin eggs I bought snack packs of animal crackers, and a couple things of M&Ms. It's plain and simple this year. No coconut easter bunny cake nor bazillion cupcakes for tommorrow either: I just did not do.
I bought DD21 a jump rope for her basket as she keeps on trying tp jump rope with DD2's kiddie rope.I even have the stuff for DD21's BF, as he's a good kid, for the most part. He's got enough toasted almonds to get through several innings of a Ranger game. I found it was easier to make four baskets than two as the candy and sugar free gum comes in multipacks.
So I need to tiptoe out to the camper( did I think it would be 40 degrees out there ?) and get my stash. I hope there is enough grass in the box in the house- heaven forbid that the Easter Bunny might have to go into the shed and look for something tonight !
sirak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 10:36 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/172/130

Height: 5.0

Default AcccK! I caved, crashed and burned.....

i couldn't withstand the reality of putting those baskets together and not eating any of it. I did eat a mini reese's egg....i had to...it was an uneven number....someone might have gotten 1 more than someone else, yikes!!! oh well, i am STILL below my target calories,which I would not have been had I eaten that dove truffle egg.....
but, now I really have to go to bed, or I won't be able to withstand the temptation of those baskets calling to me. I should have gotten myself something special....maybe some 100c. packs of something. wish I could get those hostess ones you all have been talking about.
Well, all in all still not too bad, i only had one, and i'm still under my calories for the day.....
good luck all! will check in tomorrow.
hugs
tracyg
tracyg40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 02:43 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 227/142/135

Height: 5'5"

I had three dark chocolate kisses.. now wish me luck for tomorrow! LOL
MAMA2CHUNKEYMONKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 12:08 PM   #6  
CouponDiva Extroardinaire

I think I did pretty good. I was sooooo tempted by those reese eggs, but I only had 2 hershey kisses (the milk chocolate/caramel ones, then had a piece of cheese to stop the binge monster from striking
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 12:46 PM   #7  

Height: 5.5

I live in a diet house. The easter bunny bringed me diet coke bottles and for my younger brother diet chocolate, he haven`t noticed yet So no chocolate for me
punchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 01:33 PM   #8  
I'm doing it this time!

S/C/G: 189/175/145

Height: 5' 4"

I can't believe I still haven't eaten any chocolate this Easter! An I'm a first grade teacher who had an Easter party on Thursday! I took the candy the kids gave me, said thank you, and gave it to my own kids afterschool! So proud of myself!!!!

Luckily my mom puts together the baskets for my 2 kids, and when I woke up, all the marshmellow bunnies had been eaten. All that's left is candy I don't like. Thank God!

The only Eastery thing I've eaten thus far is a Little Debbie bunny cake. And it was in my calorie count for the day. Yay!

Now to get through 2 Easter meals today at the grandparents' houses. Please, give me strength!

Heidi
doIlookfat? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 04:21 PM   #9  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Default My Easter Candy Theft

1) A Snickers Egg
2) TWO Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs
3) 1/2 BAG of Hershey's foil-wrapped bundles of joy
4) a Cadbury egg

They tasted wonderful!

Cheryl

Last edited by Cheryl14; 04-08-2007 at 09:16 PM.
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 04:45 PM   #10  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

I hit the Reese's PB eggs last night too.

Seven Reese's eggs eaten last night, 2 butterfinger eggs and four this morning (my parent tax, I guess you could say). The kids were forced to take it to their rooms and hide it after church, so I feel much more in control now. I'm pretending it's all gone now, and knowing my kids, it could be.......
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 08:23 PM   #11  
45 lbs down!

S/C/G: 278/232/199

Height: 5'6

I crashed...2 reeses peanut butter eggs and I lost count on the m&m eggs and malted milk eggs...*sigh* The sad thing is I probably ate more candy than my kids did. It is depressing to know I blew my calories for the day, and it's upsetting that TOM had to come around when chocolate was so readily available. BUT I'm not going to beat myself up over it, can't change what I already ate. So I guess now I make sure to walk my full hour tonight and be really good calorie wise the next couple of days.
TammyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 08:30 PM   #12  
Ready for a better life!

My son gave me a bite of his bunny's ear. It was goooood. I let it melt in my mouth and enjoyed every second.
Easter candy is my favorite, esp Milky Way bunnies. But when I think about having some, I really find I like the 15 pounds I've lost better than the candy. Now THAT is a big change for me!
LookingForHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 08:32 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

I know that this doesn't help right now-but for future holidays it might.

One of the things I always do for Christmas/Easter etc. is to fill the stockings or baskets with candy that the kids like...but that I don't really care for. Nerds and Nerds Ropes for instance-the kids love them, and I could care less. I am more of a chocolate hound, so I tend to buy them the jelly beans, Starburst, fruity sort of stuff that I can take or leave...
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 09:49 AM   #14  
it's always something

I used to battle this when my son was small, and I frequently lost the battle He didn't need a basket of candy anymore than I did, lol. So as he got older, I made some changes to how we did the Easter baskets. Instead of buying the bags of candy, I bought just a few individual candies like one Reece's egg, one Cadbury egg, and one small bag of jelly beans. Then I filled in the basket with GI Joe toys, baseball cards, and that sort of thing. He was happy
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 10:10 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 152/140/130

Height: 5'5"

I tend to get the kids relatively small portions of good chocolate, instead of huge monstrous things of the cheap, crappy chocolate. Since they don't have much, they'll notice if I take any!! Keeps me out of it, because I don't want them to bust me. I've also used Suzanne's trick - skipping ropes etc. My dad always gets them a big one - I wish he wouldn't, but he's grandpa, which I guess gives him the right to spoil them. Fortunately, he generally gets the cheaper chocolate, and I can refuse it fairly easily (go premium or go home!)
Janie Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote