Old 04-08-2007, 10:50 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 160/151/130

Height: 5"2

Default What to do with these shakes????

EWWWW. I feel like I was tricked into these. I was worried about the lack of food on the TO so the counselor told me to try the shakes while on TO because they are more filling. When I got home and read the sheet, it said BARS ONLY. So I figured I would just return them unopened. The a few minutes later I got a call from the Manager telling me not to do the TO because I cant substitute it with cantaloupe (LIAR).

When I got to the center she said they do not take returns of any kind. Now I feel like I only got them on the counselors suggestion and I couldnt use them anyway. The only reason I didnt complain is because i need these people on my good side during my weight loss. I dont want it to be wierd between us.

So now Im stuck with these 30 dollar nasty shakes. How can I make them better. ORRRR Anyone wanna trade for bars
cntdwnto30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 11:17 AM   #2  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Kayla- Are they the vanilla or chocolate shakes? I think all the powdered lites are nasty by themselves, but if you get creative you can make some pretty yummy snacks. I use the shakes to mix in with my smoothies, to thicken them up a bit. I usually mix them with fruit. I've got some different shake and smoothie recipes using the powdered lites. I will dig them up and post some of them in the recipe section.
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 12:00 PM   #3  

They are vanilla. That will be so helpful. Thank you. Im assuming they need to go in a blender as well. I stirred it violently till my arm couldnt move and I still had some clumps.
Old 04-08-2007, 12:21 PM   #4  
Jill on LAWL

S/C/G: 192/157/155

Height: 5'4"

Actually, I think the shakes are great, but I make them my own way. Through trial and error, I found the perfect way to make them for myself. My teenage daughter also begs for them. First, I use the blender or they are awful. I use 1/2 cup skim milk, 3/4 cup of water, and the shake mix. Then 7 ice cubes. Crush until creamy. It's like a big thick milkshake. Also, sometimes I add 1TBS of peanut butter or some fruit. Oh, and yesterday, my daughter added Fat free cool whip on top of hers. She was real happy with that. In my opinion, the shakes beat the bars by a mile and they have less calories. Good luck and I hope that helps!
Jillibean1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 08:29 PM   #5  
Kelli

S/C/G: 187/136.8/128

Height: 5'3

sell them on ebay?
mamabanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 09:04 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

I am with Jim I like them like that except I like to add some frozen fruit instead of ice, especially half a frozen banana, it gets really thick and creamy like Ice Cream. and it works with both the vanilla and the chocolate. but what ever you add, you have to use the blender! otherwise it is lump city!
Lettie
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 10:26 AM   #7  
Kim - IP 9/10

The really should be mixed with a blender because otherwise the protein powder does not dissolve well otherwise. (Can you say...nasty clumps?)

Sometimes I mix mine with yogurt and berries, water and ice. It makes for a nice change.

I know you don't want to make the COD mad, but really, they sold them to you as part of a TO that they now don't want you to do. You really could fight that and make them take it back - or at least substitute something else that you do like.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 04:33 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

I actually really like the vanilla shakes with 1/2c crushed pineapple (or 3/4c fresh) and a packet of Splenda. I use 4 ice cubes and 4oz water instead of the full 6oz and blend for at least a minute. Comes out very thick and yummy. You can do the same thing w/a serving of frozen blueberries or raspberries.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 04:44 PM   #9  

Thanks you, Thank you. I just made my shake. I put 1/2 cup of milk, 3/4 cup of water and some frozen blueberries. Very good. Thanks for all the advice.

Cassi - Next I will be trying the pineapple. Do you think I can get away with some Malibu rum in it. Yum. J/K

Kim- I know I should argue it. Since I finally like the shakes now maybe I will just send a letter once Im done. I just easily feel awkward and this is the one place I dont want to feel like that.

Jill - I love the PB idea. I will be try that.

Kelli - I did consider ebay, but I'll never get around to it.
Old 04-10-2007, 06:27 PM   #10  
Sarah

S/C/G: 170/127/127

I find this powedered shake concept odd. My COD only seems to sell the canned, pre-mixed slim down shakes. The chocolate ones are quite good, the vanilla ones are ok and taste kind of like vanilla pudding, and the strawberry ones are disgusting. Anybody else have access to the cans, or is this unusual?
momerath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 06:45 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

The liquid shakes are the Slim Downs. They are a meal replacement for a protein and a starch. The powdered ones count as a lite and have 60-80 calories.

I know Kristen said her COD (in Canada) was discontinuing them so that may be why you're not seeing them.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote