Old 04-06-2007, 05:58 AM   #1  
Rooster

S/C/G: 237/233/180

Height: 5'11"

Default Daily Chat Thread: Easter Weekend April 6th - 8th

I suspect that it'll be a little quiet for the next couple of days, so I started the weekend thread today. I only went until Sunday with this thread since most of us are back to work on Monday.

Did some modelling yesterday, which included some soldering. Nope. no burns so all is good. I've got more soldering to do today while I get the electrical work done -- and if all goes well, I should be ready to roll for the show at that point. It won't be pretty to look at, but it'll be functional and that's all I was looking for. I have another show in JUNE that I'll look to make things pretty at.

To all those who have suggested that I confront the whole 'not feeling welcome' thing head on -- I'm going to wait to see if that feeling continues. I think the individual involved didn't know I had rejoined the club and was an active member again. I dunno. We'll see how things progress.

Yesterday, we got SNOW and it STAYED. Not a lot - maybe an inch or two - but the fact that it's STILL HERE bothers me. And, yes, the forecast is saying that we're supposed to have the same weather until at LEAST Monday. YUCK! Someone pissed off Mother Nature this weekend. :P

Anyway, have a great day everyone.

:Lawrence
RXZephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 06:11 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/195/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi all

We got snow today too - so much for spring. I guess it will come eventually.

Wow, we are a busy bunch. So much going on - some good, some bad.

GG - sorry about the Momma dog. Sounds like you've had a pretty tough week. Love your bunny comments though. He didn't have a chance to explode - I ate the rest of him But no more bunnies for me, I'm going to stop eating chocolate again. I've told everyone NO chocolate for me for Easter. I know my mom won't listen though - she won't be able to resist buying me just one little bunny....

I'm at work tonight. I've applied on some other jobs and am really hoping something comes up. Working nights is straining my relationship and that's just not worth it. I am also attending school - I'll be done my degree at the end of the year. I feel worn out and I keep getting sick every few months. Doesn't help that I don't eat well and don't take care of myself very well in general. Sorry, that all sounds negative but I actually feel positive. Soon enough life will look better all around and that should make getting back in shape easier also.

Happy Easter to all of you. (I love this guy) Hope you have a wonderful, relaxing weekend.
Clover2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 08:39 AM   #3  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All!

Clover, Hopefully mom only buys you a small little one! What will your degree be in?

RX, Sounds like a good plan to deal with the "issue".

LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 10:03 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

morning all..well i think with all the easter stuff..we are a bit slow at the clinic today. Which is good. i need a breather to catch up on medical records and what not. ANyways...hopefully today will be better...i lost two animals yesterday despite all my knowledge...you can't save them all..but definately frustrating as a vet who is caring and passionate about what i do.
Hey rooster..hope things go well at the show...at least next show everything will look pretty.
clover - yes you are right..my weeks been insane..but that's my job and life...it doesn't bother me..i thrive on high pace..although some days are a bit much (like yesterday..i definately sleep so hard). Stay away from the chocolate bunnies...they will sneak up on you!
Morning lbh.
For those who won't be around this weekend..have a great easter..and watch out for bunny poo (:
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 11:49 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

Okay ladies and gent, here is another one if you get really board: http://www.20q.net/

I actually have this one saved on my favorites. It is about 50/50 if I beat the computer or not.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 12:20 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

Default Happy EASTER!!!

Good morning everyone!

I am tired today, very tired, had a horrible night I couldn't sleep.

Today I am stressing becaue I have my book club at my house and I don't know what i am going to serve for food, we are all jewish, and right now we are celebrating Passover, we don't eat any bread or any flour products, so I have to search for receipes with out either, not that there aren't any, but its more complicated than any other week of the year!

GG for your tuff week! I am so sorry for the loss and all the stress, I guess it would be fair to say it is part of the job thus. I wish you a quiet day today!!!

Clover I hope you find a better job, better hours, and hofully better
pay!

Rooster I am so happy for you for getting your set up working!!! GREAT JOB! Sorry about the snow! we don't get that here in S. CA so I have no idea what its like, I have never seen snow!!! wow and I am almost 40 yrs old!

Lauren here is a picture of what I see from my bedroom window, where the snakes come out of.

Have a great day everyone!!!

Happy EASTER!!!
yard.JPG

yard2.jpg
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 01:04 PM   #7  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Happy, Gorgeous view, but the snakes would overrule for me! Here's some Passover recipes, maybe it will give you some ideas?
http://www.kraftfoods.com/kf/ff/kosher/passover.htm
http://www.angelfire.com/pa2/passover/recipes-pesach/

Lisa, I don't get it?!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 01:22 PM   #8  

man clover...that view ROCKS!!!!! very jealous..i would take it snakes and all..and thanks for the good wishes so far (knock on wook) today is steady, but not insane. I just am waiting for the day to end, hanging out with friends tonight..,...but i do get to work tomorrow too. Oh well...actually i work the next two saturday...i did it in exchange for having the last two saturdays off..one for a horse show and another for a trip to atlanta to look at houses.
Old 04-06-2007, 01:41 PM   #9  

GG you got the messages confused, it wasn't Clover who posted, it was me Hanna!
Yes the views are great while they last, they are trying to build a huge apartment/condo complex grrrrrr... we have been fighting so they don't build it, if we could only find a little endanger bird that lives in there it would stop all the plans to build, but no one has been able to find "the bird" It is going to be a while before they can do anything anyway!!!

Lauren thank you so much for the websites! I will check them out! the book club is not until Sunday Thank G-d I have some time to prepare!

I am running!!!

Have a great day!

Hanna
Old 04-06-2007, 02:01 PM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Lauren, it's the game 20 Questions. You are the person and the computer tries to guess who you are. If it takes over 20 questions to answer you win. You have to tell the computer all that other stuff first before you even start, but I think that helps the computer.

Hope that helps!

Sorry today has been a grey day and I am just kinda blah. Talk to yall later.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 02:53 PM   #11  

GRRRRR.... GRRRRR....
I was suppose to meet a friend at her house and go look at model homes and get a bit to eat, I waited at her front door for 45 minutes, tried to call her cell phone, she never answered and never showed up, I am p***ed! Oh well!
Hanna
Old 04-06-2007, 04:51 PM   #12  

happy..lol at me...sorry somedays my brain is in warp speed and i need to slow down before i type LMAO...anyways..great view! let's hope you find that bird....would suck to loose that great view. Sorry about your friend not showing up. I hate when ppl forget what they promised.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:30 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 240ish/240ish/160

Height: 5'2"

Haven't had time to read the posts, but DH did get in OK last night about 7:30pm. Frozen popsicle, but unharmed.

Happy Easter!!!

Kerri
newFannie07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 01:40 AM   #14  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Good evening everyone!! We have been working like crazy on the office/baby's room. Tonight we re-arranged Alex's room (took out the changing table and the headboard off of his bed {it's part of the crib}), put the crib and changing table (which is also a dresser) into Cassie's room and redid the storage side of the attic. Whew. No wonder I am tired. I still have to paint Cassie's room and work on the decorating. I've pictured green gingham curtains so I have to see what I can come up with.

Zephyr: Good luck with the train show!! I hope you get everything settled with the club.

GG: I hope you enjoyed your slow day. I will be on the lookout for the bunny poo!

Lisa:

Hanna: Sorry about your friend. That is so aggravating.

Clover: (just 'cause I think he's cute!!)
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 03:57 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 195/195/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi all

Another night at work but I feel pretty positive. Had a good sleep today and kept on track with eating. I get a lot of satisfaction from my job and I really like some of the people I work with but morale is incredibly low right now. Not sure who asked me what my degree will be (too lazy to go back and look). Anyway, my degree will be in social work. It's been a long haul but the end is coming!

GG - you make me laugh I'm like you - I thrive on high pace. I can deal with anything rough when it comes to people, but I'm a mess when it comes to animals. I know I couldn't be a vet, I would be an emotional wreck. I always watch this show called Campus Vet (it's filmed in Canada at the University of Saskatchewan) I always seem to end up bawling my eyes out.

Hanna - gorgeous view! Hope your book club meeting goes well. What
book did you read? I wish I could find a book club up here to join, but no luck so far. Anybody know of any online book clubs? Hope you're getting some sleep tonight.

Kerri - glad DH is home. Enjoy!

Karen - thanks for the dancing veggie - is it broccoli?

Hello to everyone else

I'm going to be the Easter bunny at work tomorrow night and one of the offices is FULL of chocolate - bunnies, chicks, eggs etc. Good thing it's for the kids.....
Clover2007 is offline   Reply With Quote