Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-07-2007, 05:35 PM   #1  
Is on an Infinite Cut

S/C/G: 165/152/140

Height: 5'4

Default 39 day challenge

Ok.. Im giving myself a 39 days challenge.. why 39 days? ( I know that is random) but thats when i move back to savannah. For 39 days.. I am going to exercise everyday at least 1 hour of cardio .. shouldnt be a problem since I usually only take one day off so instead of taking that day off I will do pilates, or something low impact. Realistically.. life happens and I may need to take a day off here or there but not because I am declaring that day as an *off day*.

Also.. for 39 days.. I am not going to eat anything I shouldnt. No simple carbs.. except maybe the raw sugar in my coffee in the a.m. but hey.. Im challenging myself, not killing myself.

I really need this.. I have fallen into " im not going to gain any weight" attitude and I eat what i want to.. now having said that its mostly sweets, because I love them. Anyways... I am not gaining weight but I am busting my *** in the gym and Im not losing either. Im breaking even, and this.... is unacceptable. When I want sweet, I will grab fruit. I have told myself, if I do this for 39 days then I can get whatever I want at the end. Even though.. I know it takes 30days to break a habit and at the end I wont want it. Im gonna need everyone here because I have 23 more days left of work, and quite frankly work is my demise, because people always bring junk food, and I always say.. " just one" and I will eat "just one" but "just one" comes like once a week. Again.. unacceptable. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can...
Ready2ShedLBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 05:38 PM   #2  
I restore Teeth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ready2ShedLBS View Post
No simple carbs.. except maybe the raw sugar in my coffee in the a.m. but hey.. Im challenging myself, not killing myself.
veggielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 07:49 PM   #3  
Rose

S/C/G: 156/150/135

What a great idea - 39 day challenge... I would like to do that too! I work out about 4-5 times a week but I am eating too much. I lost one pound last week but none this week. I like the idea because I gave up wine for Lent and I did great - I can't wait until tomorrow to have a glass with dinner but I can do that again but this time eating 5-6 small meals and no eating in between. I pack on a lot of calories between 3pm and 5pm due to snacking.

Good luck to you!
Rose2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 08:28 PM   #4  
Is on an Infinite Cut

Thank you. I just aggravate myself because I know that I can do it.. Ive done it before, only then I didnt realize that not eatting enough would stall your progress and then the working out went all the **** because I had surgery. So I just need to get back to where I was at, only eatting the right amount of the right stuff and incorporating exercise, I mean really. Its 20lbs for heavens sake. You would think I was asking myself to lose 100lbs

BTW : You know you eat too much sushi when you spell sake and think of sake ( rice wine) lol
Old 04-07-2007, 09:09 PM   #5  
I restore Teeth.

It's really not much you can't conquer. I think the whole randomness is a good thing! I think once you've mastered a few "no"'s to the junk, you'll be fine at saying no all the time ;}
veggielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 09:22 PM   #6  
Do it. Be Proud.

S/C/G: 250/see ticker~>/130

Height: 5'3.5

Good luck.
Reddalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 10:38 PM   #7  
Is on an Infinite Cut

Its chocolate.. and I overeat on healthy foods too.. I go over my calories on healthy foods... not because I am hungry.. just because I feel like it. I eat at work though.. my job is soooo monotonus. (sp?)
Old 04-12-2007, 07:57 PM   #8  
Rose

Hi, I started on Monday, I stopped eating between 3pm and 6pm - I only drink water. I have realized that I am not starving like I thought I was! I am hungry by 6pm but that is when we eat dinner. I have been having about 4 small pieces of chocolate after dinner along with 1 1/2 glass of wine (one with dinner and 1/2 with chocolate) Chocolate and wine after dinner is my only indulgence. All my meals are healthy. I am counting on losing weight when I am not tempted by chocolate and that 1/2 glass of wine. I love chocolate with wine. So far, I am only down a couple of ounces. I know that if I didn't do this, I would be up a couple of pounds because of the chocolate and wine as well as all the snacking I used to do during that time period.
Thank you for bringing up the suggestion. I really think I can break my food fest between 3-6pm.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:37 AM   #9  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

I am up for this. In exactly 39 days time I go on holiday. It is approximately 7 weeks. If I loose 7lbs in that time I will be happy, but Im looking for a stone really.

An hour a day of cardio, whether it be running, cycling or cross training, and eating very little while drinking loads of water.

I am more determined now than ever! Bring on May 26th
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 08:28 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 190/152.8/135

Height: 5'3"

I am so down with this! I want to be in the 140s by Memorial Day. It will probably be too cold here for swimsuits but not for too long after.

Woohoo!
AllyCat30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 08:44 AM   #11  
Here we go again...

S/C/G: 176/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"/ 65 in

I'm hopping on the 39 days bandwagon too!! My main goal is to get rid of my snack binges from 3 to 5 pm. After that, the hunger goes away and comes back at dinner time so I know this can be conquered. YAY! So 39 days from now is... May 21st. Kewl. Let's hope this happens (for me)!!!

to everyone and good luck!
Sunnigummi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 10:12 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

39 days sounds great. I missed a class last monday because the class was cancealled due to a waterline that broke, then i missed Thursdays class last week because I was too depressed to go in it alone (my boyfriends sister goes to the zumba class on thursdays with me), then I missed this past monday's class because of my TOM. From today until 39 days away, I vow to not miss one of my 4 a week classes (unless something is wrong with one of my children and I have to go home ).

I also want to add more protien to my day. And more veggies.

I try to chew gum when I am bored at work and my mouth wants something in it. It generally keeps my mouth busy for at least an hour.

Also, one of my new favorite little desserts after dinner...and my daughters are loving it too....I have these little tiny dessert bowls. We have been eating whipped cream out of the can. This weekend i am going to pick up the lower fat version. But it only has 20 calories per 2 tablespoons. We can't be getting more than 100 calories out of these little bowls. and my little bowl is even smaller.
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 11:34 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

good luck..i would warn you about at least doing one easy day of cardio (ie walking). You could hurt yourself if you don't at least give your body one day of rest...but good for you. Good luck! Let me know when you get to savannah and we can work out (until i leave).
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 02:30 PM   #14  
Is on an Infinite Cut

my 39 day challenge is going well. I know that I am not hallucinating but Ive noticed a huge difference in my torso with just doing cardio and I have always tweaked my diet and I only eat when I am hungry. Now.. Ive had a few stumbles along the way.. but Im getting better and by the end of the 39 days I think I will be rehabilitated. I dont feel like I *need* chocolate anymore, I used to feel like I had to have chocolate in the house and now I dont feel like I have to have that safety net. yay
Old 04-13-2007, 07:25 PM   #15  
Rose

Yippee! my Easter candy is gone!! My husband and children still have some but I don't touch their candy. I had my last piece of orange dark chocolate today. --- no more temptation!
NSV - I wore a pair of skinny jeans today - not sausage looking kind - they have stretch to them and my coworkers were telling me that I looked skinny- Wahoo!!! I carry a lot of weight in my legs so I was so happy to hear that!