Old 04-02-2007, 10:18 AM   #1  

Default Thursday Chatters for April

Are you guys impressed?? I started both threads for April, and I don't think I messed anything up (yet).

This thread is for anyone who likes to talk!!! Some of us attend WW meetings, some of us weigh on Thursdays, and some of us weigh whenever we feel like it. Anyway, it's a great group to chat with. We try to solve all of the problems of the world, but we haven't solved them all yet.

WELCOME TO EVERYONE!!!!!
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 11:04 PM   #2  
Thursday Lady

Wow, a new month!
Tammy, I think this is the first time you've started a thread. You did good.
Thanks for starting us off.

What is everyone cooking for Easter? Is everyone cooking for Easter???
I always take the can of cherry pie filling for the ham. Since Mother's stroke, I also fix the cheese grits. This year, I'm also taking a raw veggie tray. I think I'll make some onion dip with yogurt. No one will know what's in it. he..he..

Everyone post.
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 11:11 PM   #3  

You are most welcome! I'm just glad that I didn't mess it up!!

So far we are planning ham and green bean casserole. Raw vegies are a good idea. It will just be the 3 of us, so we won't be needing too much food. I like to sneak things into foods without the guys knowing too!!

I haven't been real peppy today. Just kind of blah. I took my temp a while ago, and it was 101.3. Maybe that's why I have felt blah. I didn't go to the Y or to water aerobics today. I have my clothes out to go to the Y in the morning, and I am going no matter how I feel. Maybe.

Hope everyone will post soon!!
Old 04-03-2007, 10:16 AM   #4  
Thursday Lady

Hi all,
I am resolved to lose weight this week. (I was bloated beyond belief last week.) So, that means drowning myself with water and cooking and eating the 0 pt. soup.
It's a must to lose this week. See, I said that so I would lose!

Tammy, I hope you are feeling better today. Do you want my opinion? Here it is anyway. he..he.. Don't go into the water if you have fever and/or feel blah. No telling what germs are in there.

Where are all our friends????? Come on people, POST.
Old 04-03-2007, 03:24 PM   #5  

I'm with you on losing this week! I need to make some of that soup!! I'm feeling better today, but my temp is still up a bit. I ended up taking 3 walks today, but I never made it to the Y. The 3rd walk was with Kramer, so I couldn't go very fast or far. lol

I also wish people would post!!!

The sky is clouding up, and I'm sure it will be raining soon. It's about 74 degrees today, and they are calling for SNOW the rest of the week. Now that's the pits!!!!
Old 04-04-2007, 05:15 PM   #6  

It is supposed to get down into the 20's the next 3 nights. I don't like wearing my winter coat again after wearing shorts and a tshirt yesterday!!!!

Water aerobics at 6:30. This session ends next week, and then the new session begins the very next week. Usually there is a week off between sessions. I need to stick with it though.
Old 04-04-2007, 08:40 PM   #7  
Susan

Here I am!

Wow!!! thanks Tammy for starting us off!!!! Having a fever will certainly do it to you makin you feel blah! I still feel lousy myself! 3 walks in one day, that's impressive!

Tina, how are you? Did you have heavy rain this weekend? I think we got out of town just in time before the storm hit here bad.

I am working hard on losing weight. I've gone to the accupunturist and am amazed how I don't have craving and am eating healthy. He has done something different with me the last 2 times because of my sinus infection.

I came home last night and layed down and slept from 5:30 until 10. Then went to bed after I took my cough medicine with codiene. Pat made me wake up long enough to eat scrambled eggs.

I haven't been to the gym in forever since I was out of town last week and then got sick. I hopefully will go on Friday. We have no school and a short day tomorrow. Teachers have to go the entire day. We have a stupid testing training.

We have no plans yet for Easter. Funny that you should mention it, because Pat just asked me too. Who wants to have us over?
auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 09:09 AM   #8  
Thursday Lady

Happy, Happy Thursday
How is your day so far???
I'm one happy, happy person. Go to the weigh-in thread and see why.

Susan, I'm so sorry your sinus infection has returned. Take care of yourself.
Tammy, are you snowed in yet? Brrrr..... It's down to 58 here this morn.
Maureen, how's your weather?
Jody, I hope you are feeling better every day.
Sis, are you still reading this?

Where is everyone?????

Old 04-05-2007, 03:24 PM   #9  

Susan, one of the 5th grade teachers has tried accupuncture for her arthritis and weight loss. I think I may have to give it a try. You and Pat can come to our house for Easter!! Sure hope you feel better and get back into the gym routine soon. I know you enjoy it.

Tina, I read this first, so I'll have to go the weigh-in thread!! It's a good day so far because I met Carol and Melissa for lunch. We were there for 3 hours!! It is in the 20's here, and it is still snowing. I don't like this!! I told Bob that instead of wearing Easter bonnets, everyone will be wearing Easter parkas!
Old 04-05-2007, 10:13 PM   #10  
Susan

Easter Parkas.... BRRR!!!!! It's not suppose to be snowing. It's cooler here today, but no near that cold. We are suppose to have some nights in the 30's

Tammy, I love the accupunture. It's real relaxing and you feel SO much better. It's strange because I haven't felt this good in a long time that is minus the sinus infection. I feel like things are heading in the right direction for once.

We are off tomorrow. I'm glad. I don't know what is planned, Pat is off too. He said he doesn't care what we do.

I'll weigh tomorrow to see how I do this week. I haven't weighed in a while.
Old 04-06-2007, 01:10 PM   #11  

The more that I hear about the acupuncture, the more I'm ready to give it a try. I guess I should do some checking and just do it!!

Enjoy your time off with Pat.
Tim will be home in a few hours, so that will be nice.
Old 04-07-2007, 04:22 PM   #12  
Thursday Lady

It's cold here!
the wind chill is 35 degrees. We've been used to 80-85 weather. This is crazy!

Has everyone worked on their Easter dinner? I have the eggs boiled for dyeing. I mixed up some onion dip, using ff sour cream and onion soup mix. Now I must fix the cheese grits and dye the eggs. Then, I'll iron Larry a shirt and wash my hair. It makes me tired just writing this.

I wish everyone a wonderful Easter.
Old 04-07-2007, 07:55 PM   #13  
Susan

Happy Easter!

I went out to the store today to get stuff for tomorrow. It wasn't too bad with the crowds. I thought it would be horrible. I was going to get Pat a white chocolate bunny but they didn't have any.

Yesterday, I didn't do anything except sleep in the chair off and on all day. I actually feel better today. I haven't done much today either.

Oh, did I tell you.... we had snow flurries today. Crazy weahter!!!!

Hope everyone has a Happy Easter!!!
Old 04-07-2007, 09:11 PM   #14  

Tina and Susan, you are not supposed to be having cold and snow like that!!! Now here, I can understand it. We've had snow the past few days, not enough to shovel or make snowmen with though thank goodness. It is so cold too!

I made the deviled eggs this morning, and I also made some vegie dip! Great minds think alike Tina!! There were a couple bananas on the counter that had seen better days, so I made banana bread. I used skim milk, Splenda, and replaced the oil with sugar-free applesauce. It is really good! I didn't tell the guys how I made it until they had tried it and liked it. I used to make muffins like that and used some kind of bran cereal. I'll have to make some again some day. Tim mentioned them!

Tim is spending the night at the old house. He took his sleeping bag, computer to play games and listen to music, and clothes for church tomorrow. He said he wanted to stay there one last time. He also took a lawn chair to sit in. He figured he'd play some pool while he was there. I know he misses that. I'm picking him up in the morning on the way to our old church. I felt like going "home" for Easter since I really haven't settled on a church close to the new house yet.

I want warm weather!!!
Old 04-08-2007, 08:12 PM   #15  
Thursday Lady

Happy Easter

I hope everyone had a wonderful day.
We had a great meal. I just took a little of everything but feel sooooo stuffed.

Tomorrow I'll have to drink lots of water and get lots of exercise.
It's still cool here but is supposed to warm up to 71.