Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 02:30 PM   #1  
kitty Momo

Talking Back In Kindergarten #23

"I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten......"

So, pull up a chair and join us!!
Old 04-06-2007, 02:36 PM   #2  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

Okay, I had just posted and when I hit enter, I saw I'm supposed to move it so I'm copying my post from the other thread.

SUSAN...I always liked Valerie, she's just so cute and I love your avatar with the pretty pink background! I had a question for you about contacts. Didn't you say that a few months ago you went and got some new contacts? If so, where did you get them and do you remember how much the whole cost thing was from beginning to end? I'm happy you're getting back on track tomorrow and I'm supporting you all the way!!
Old 04-06-2007, 02:39 PM   #3  
kitty Momo

Oh! Let me be the second to post!! I am slowly getting things done. I want to run away to the beach this weekend, maybe with the older girls. I was rambling on with my counselor the other day and said "what is my problem??? and he said "you are burnt out".....is that it?? so simple. I think I would love to move back to the coast. City traffic has me close to tears. All Gaby wants to do is go through the car wash. awww. the life of a 5 year old. anyway- thinking of lunch, maybe a salad on a warm day like this! The weather is beautiful here in Oregon.

EDIT for Michelle hi......I went to Lens Crafters. I think the exam was $120 and I spend $35 a box ( I need 2 because my eyes are different) for 3 months. I need to check with Kaiser though and see if the cost is less. I like the contacts a lot!
Old 04-06-2007, 03:40 PM   #4  
RosieKate

Susan - glad you got the p.m. I would love to escape to the beach - especially now as the weather is glorious! However, we just got back from the beach and we have packed weekend.

Cristina - How was Reign Over Me? I like Adam Sandler and Don Cheadle, so I hope it was good

Michelle - I love your new picture - you're so pretty and so are your daughters. I can see the resemblance. I am going to check out your blog.

Hi to Sassy, SusanNYC, Sue, Jules, and everyone else!

Yes - I did, I started another blog. I like to write and wanted to write about weight loss and food issues. It didn't really tie into the knitting blog as neatly as I would have liked. My food issues include trying to feed everyone and still make sure I am getting what I want and need to eat. I also like to eat and want to eat in a way that I still enjoy myself while making progress toward my weight loss goals. So I started Picky Eaters Anonymous. Please leave comments on the blog if you are so inclined - I'm hoping to get some dialogues going as time goes on. And everyone can be anonymous if so desired!

Old 04-06-2007, 04:22 PM   #5  
kitty Momo

Katy - I was thinking of my old coastal town. There is a reasonable priced motel behind the tavern. I can take the girl there for 2 nights - always show the babies a good time. lol It would be a nice weekend to go down and Astoria has a wonderful easter Egg hunt! anyway I left a comment on your blog
Old 04-06-2007, 06:38 PM   #6  
ugggg.....

SuzyQ==I love Valerie Bertinelli too. She so cute!! Saw Van Halen in concert when I was in high school--5 of us road down in an old orange VW bug with a cooler full of beer--awww the good old days!!

Katy--I was be dark and twisty too--I thought the same thing about the gift that keeps on giving when I read the "her piece" story. Reminded me of when I got a card to go get tested for a vd at the health center--I kept telling my mom that I couldn't have anything because I was a VIRGIN!!! It seems that too of my friends slept with my boyfrined and one of them had something and they assummed that I slpet with him too!! needless to say I broke up with him!!

Michelle--I love my contacts though I don't wear them at work--10 hours on the computer makes my eyes too tired!! Like your new avatar. Your girls are so cute!

Sassy--hey there chickee!!

Susan NYC--no plans for me except staying home!! Good luck with the job search!!

Cristina--thanks for the address notification and easter card--you are so thoughtful!!

Well I lost another pound--hubby being grumpy and motivating me to go to the gym was good right??? Now I just have to figure out how to keep my bitt going now that he is in a better mood!! Went shopping for two more shower gifts--finally got to buy a baby girl outfit!!
Old 04-06-2007, 06:48 PM   #7  
kitty Momo

Jules - When I was with my Ex and losing for the 17 months that it took me to lose over a hundred pounds back in 2000, my ex was horrid. He would sneer at me on the treadmill and say "you doing that again?? You're just going to gain it back"......made me so mad, I walked even faster. Pooh on your hubby and do this for yourself - congrats on the pound!!Summer is coming!! We are going to look amazing!! We may even have to advance to 1st grade - haha.....

Valerie is cute. I read her article in People magazine today and she looks lovely. I think she dresses frumpy though, I think that adds to making her look big. I don't want to go on the JC diet but 1,200 calories plus an exercise program should do it. hmmmm, sounds good. Lets do it!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 04-06-2007 at 07:04 PM.
Old 04-06-2007, 06:48 PM   #8  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

Back again. Didn't have time to post here the first time but did read. Now I have a few moments before having to start dinner. Why? I don't know since it is just me and dd home.

SusanNYC...hoping things get worked out with the job and all. No plans here for Easter. May go to church but not sure. Will cook a small ham dinner, nothing special though.

KATY...love your new blog! I have been meaning to start a weight loss one but haven't gotten around to it yet. I loved the movie...it was serious, funny and sad. MAde me cry But I love both Adam Sandler and Don Cheadle as well and they were good together.

MICHELLE...me too! Love your new avatar that is. I do see the resemblance in you and Brittany, also like Alyssa's name...it was a fav and on our baby list for #4. Did you and hubby get all your errands run? WTG again on your work out! Keep on going missy, you are doing GREAT!

SUSAN...I too would love to escape to the beach...can I come? Lol I wish I could...I need a getaway. Are you guys coloring eggs or anything?

HI JULES, SASSY & SUE!

Did I mention that it snowed yesterday? OMG! Went from 83 Monday down to 43 yesterday and snow! Not much better today. The snow melted by noon but it is still cold. Think it was supposed to reach 37 not sure if it did. With that wind it was cold.

Nothing special going on with me. Had some errands to run this morning. V's BD is next week and had to get order some balloons and a cake. He is going to take the day off and I am not sure what we will do...something special for him though. Next month is mine and I am getting a tattoo, yippee! I've been wanting one for about a year. I think since last BD. Just decided to wait for some reason. But I am going to get it this year. Anyway...hope everyone had a good Friday! And if you don't get back before Sunday, have a very Happy Easter!
Old 04-06-2007, 06:52 PM   #9  
kitty Momo

Oh Cristina.........I bought Gaby a basket. I don't think I am going to dye eggs though. I am too tired. I bought myself some sleep aid meds and hope to get a good night rest. I hope to go to the beach though!! That would be fun. 75ish here in Oregon!!
I will chim in also Michelle. Your daughters are beautiful
Old 04-06-2007, 06:56 PM   #10  
One day at a time

Hiya Susan & Jules!

SUSAN...forgot to mention your avatar. I always liked Valerie too! I didn't know she was the new spokesperson but while at the store this morning I saw her on the cover of People and had to get it. I haven't had a chance to read it yet but did skim thru.

JULES...YW WTG on the pound!

Have a good one ladies!
Old 04-06-2007, 07:18 PM   #11  
ugggg.....

SuzyQ--I like it here in kindergarten--I don't wanna go to 1st grade!!! Hubby can be a royal pain in the butt when he gets in those bad moods. He makes rude comments too--one day he's supportive and the next he is saying all kinds of nasty things about my weight. I have let him sabotage me in the past but I am not gonna let him do it this time!! The beach sounds fun--dd says she wants me to go with her this summer. She also wants to take another cruise next year in June 2008 when she turns 21--I am going too!! It leaves from Baltimore and goes through the Carribbean. I bought a couple little things for dd, ds & his gf.

Cristina--what are you getting--when I lose 25 pounds, I am going to get a lotus flower on my lower back. Then if I get to my goal I want to do another one--I just am not sure what--I love my daughters anklet---it's a rose vine with blue rose buds on it.
Old 04-06-2007, 09:32 PM   #12  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Talking Its beginning to a lot like..........

Christmas more than Easter! lol. Snow here, blowing, looks and FEELs like Christmas instead of Easter!

Susan -- wish we all could escape to the beach, esp. us people who are recieving snow. lol

Katy -- Hi ya. Picky Eaters Anonymous sounds like me! lol.

Jules -- Hello. WTG on the losing a pound!

Cristina -- Its still snowing here. lol. We was just watching American Chopper when we got home this morning. (TiVo'd it) and they had Chris Nunez and Ami James from Miami Ink on there giving Paul Sr. and his GF tattos. What do you want for your tatto? I want a Celtic Cross sometime.........

I hope you all have a Wonderful Easter!

Old 04-07-2007, 10:27 AM   #13  
RosieKate

Good morning!

Well, phooey- I have to round up my 6th grade SS students to help run the Easter Egg hunt at 9am and IT IS RAINING. Fortunately, our church has some good indoor space for a backup.

Susan and Sassy- thanks so much for leaving comments on the PEA blog. I responded on the blog..as opposed to email. If you want to keep an eye on comments for any post, you can click on "Comments" at the very bottom of the page and you can subscribe. It is so exciting to get comments..and Sassy - you gave me a great idea for a blog post.

Cristina - oooh - that movie sounds good - I am so pre-menstrual and could use a good weepy movie. Last night I had the house to myself so I drank a beer and watched Jesus Christ Superstar. I hadn't seen it in years and found myself singing along to all the songs. Thanks for reading my blog. I think the PEA blog is going to be a fun one. I have spent so much time trying to get my own eating in shape, all the while trying to feed a family who have such different tastes - surely I am not the only one, right?

Jules - don't let Grouchy Hubby get you down...losing weight is doing such good things to your body! We are all here to cheer you on. You know, he'll be grouchy when you're skinny, too - just about something else.

Michelle - I read your blog - hooray for all the hard work you're doing. I tried to leave a comment, but the big nasty computer gods wouldn't let me - kept saying I wasn't logged in. I tried logging in in both 3FC and wordpress and still no go. Sorry.

Hi to all who are reading this today.

I remember Valerie Bertinelli back in the day. I think she has the same issue I do and that is she is petite, yet has a curvy figure. It is difficult to dress in a way that doesn't come off frumpy, especially if you have an extra 30+ pounds on your frame. It's easier now than it used to be. Jeans were especially difficult - always the too-big waistbands..but if it was going to fit in the hips and butt, that's what happened. It is easier to find petite lengths in 14-16 now. Eddie Bauer.com now has just about all their sizes in petite lengths - finally!

Well - Happy Easter everyone!

My strategy is to stay out of the kids' baskets and fill up on veggies. Decline the offer of massive leftovers from the ILS.

Let's see how it goes, lol!

Old 04-07-2007, 01:10 PM   #14  
One day at a time

Hello ladies

KATY...I haven't seen Jesus Christ Superstar in years! I love that and the music. No, you are not the only one. My kids when younger would eat what I fixed. I don't know at what point they got picky but they are. Looks like the weather isn't cooperating for Easter this year. It is cold here, really cold but everyone is still scheduled for the Easter egg hunts.

SUSAN...have fun at the beach. I will be thinking of you and the girls.

JULES...lotus flower will be pretty. I am getting a patchwork heart that has been sewn together with a needle that is a cross. Putting it on my right thigh, on the outside sort of. I have been wanting this since last year. A cruise sounds wonderful right now...I would love to be on the beach in the Carribbean!

SASSY...see above about tattoo, lol. It sounds weird but I like the way it looks. We too are having cold weather. The snow has melted though, well, except for a little next to the neighbors fence. Was supposed to get down to 17 last night and I think it did. I took Ernie potty this morning at 9:30 and man, it felt like 17 then. It probably wouldn't be so bad if the wind wasn't blowing so hard.

HI ya Michelle, Sue & SusanNYC

Nothing much going on with me this weekend. Just staying around the house and taking it easy.

Getting back on program with my eating, exercise and water drinking. I refuse to gain anymore weight or any that I lost. Had my breakfast and two bottles of water. Once I get off here I am heading off to exercise...going to do the 2 mile WATP video today to get back in the habit of things. Hoping for some good weather next week to head to the park. Anywho...

HAPPY EASTER, LADIES!

Last edited by FrouFrou; 04-07-2007 at 01:54 PM.
Old 04-07-2007, 06:04 PM   #15  
ugggg.....

Cristina--I can't wait for it to warm up--I want to start walking our hill of a driveway every morning. The gym must be helping--dh was saying how baggy my jeans looked and then pulled them down over the intertube that is my hips without them being unbuttoned and then looked at me and told me I need tighter pants!!

Katy--you speak the truth--when I was 125 lbs before I had dd he got in those moods too--I have to say I have the Jesus Christ Superstar song stuck in my head!!

Sassy--I have a heart with celtic scrollwork inside that I designed on my right shoulder.

Well I hope everyone is having a great day!!
Closed Thread