General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 09:26 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 160/160/120

Height: 5'1 3/4"

Default Mirena IUD questions

Has anyone had high levels of estrogen (this led to a 20 lbs weight gain for me over 2 years) and then went on Mirena IUD? I am desperate for information about anyone who has. Many MB's out there saying how bad it's been...but no one says they had high estrogen. Increasing progesterone should level out even with high estrogen, right? So it should help...but it's so hard to find anything. I'm wondering if this is because no one has problems if they have high estrogen and therefore don't post when they're on Mirena or if no one's using the IUD who had high estrogen to start.
Old 04-05-2007, 01:14 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 215/192/145

Height: 5'6"

I'd actually be curious about anyone's experiences with this as well. I have high estrogen and I'm going in to talk to a gyno about Mirena (and other IUDs) next week.

And you're from my hometown, Cathie!
Old 04-05-2007, 09:36 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 160/160/120

Height: 5'1 3/4"

I'll be sure to keep you informed on everything. I've been doing a lot of reading and it's scaring me away from getting it. Now I need to talk to the GYN and see what she says. She hasn't even done hormone testing on me yet, and seemed like she didn't want to for some reason. I think I need to press the issue with her. They did do a blood test on my thyroid, but from what I've read this may or may not be completely accurate.
Old 04-05-2007, 09:53 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 8.5"

When I first read this post, I thought it didn't pertain to me. However, I was curious about this high estrogen thing and looked it up. I used to have lots of those symptoms! Not 100% sure that means I had it, but????

Anyway, I do now have the Mirena IUD and am loving it. I feel better, not having any periods now, which means no cramping, no menstrual migraines and no crazy bleeding.
Old 04-05-2007, 06:41 PM   #5  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

dunno about the high estrogen but I am on my 2nd Mirena IUD and love it.
Old 04-05-2007, 10:03 PM   #6  
Going the rest of the way

S/C/G: 188/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

Are you on LiveJournal at all? There's a community there, iud_divas, with a lot of supportive people who will answer all kinds of questions.

Even if you aren't a member of LiveJournal, they may have some posts already there that could help you out. Just google LiveJournal and iud_divas.

Good luck!
Closed Thread